• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Back thread

As always, we will see, but this one feels pretty close ..

It does. Would be a great start to a window:

- two young players who are internationals for leading countries signed
- a reserve keeper (real weak slot for us) signed who is young in keeper terms (and technically is also an international)
- new contract for Son signed
- a young but experienced RB seems close to being signed

Basically there are two camps/views of the deal now

- One is the "deal is in danger" click bait brick
- Other basically says, player terms are done (he's agreed), clubs are very close and it's more about the timing/terms of payments than total value.

Has the player signed for Atalanta yet?

He holds all the cards, if he wants to move and they say no he can just refuse to sign for them

I think its close.

Basically there are two camps/views of the deal now

- One is the "deal is in danger" click bait brick
- Other basically says, player terms are done (he's agreed), clubs are very close and it's more about the timing/terms of payments than total value.

Agreed. Let's just wait and see.

If Parstici decides that we're better served by spending the money on several other players instead because the fee needed to secure him is just too much then that's the kind of decisions we've hired Paratici to make.

Well , Quality over quantity. We have just let our best CB go. Yes his legs were gone but I’d of played him before any of our others.

Let’s hope we tie a decent CB up quickly.

I'm hoping we at least got Romero as good as over the line before signing off on Toby going - we don't want to be starting our season with 2 CBs from our remaining group and if we leave it any longer any new signing will struggle to settle in for an instamt impact

I just find it a bit far fetched that we've done a deal for sponsorship that the other party is happy to keep quiet about.

Yeah if I was a sponsor I'd be wanting maximum coverage unless it starts in say August or it to co-incinde with some other announcements.

This is Levy, it will be none and we go into the season with Sanchez, Dier, Rodon and Davies !!

I would sell all 4 actually. Bit harsh on Rodon but he is not homegrown, though that rule should change for the Welsh clubs.

Fry from Middlesbrough and Tucker from Gillingham would be my young English signings for relatively cheap money. No need to replace Davies or Aurier as you have Sessegnon and Doherty. Also at right back the is Lusala who is meant to be highly rated and Tanganga and Eyoma who if not on loan could fill in there.

Back