• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting decision for sure. I suppose it's about player types and roles more than quality. That's the 30 man squad by the way, little to no chance that Di Santo will go I would think.

That Argentina side looks better defensively than I actually imagined. Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay and Otamendi. All somewhere between good and very good. No idea who their left back will be though.

If media reports are true, they have been reporting that the argentinian staff have no liked tevez's attitude in the past few months, hence he has been cut. also, his form for the national side hasnt been great. and perhaps wouldnt have been in the starting 11. although he would most probably have been in the 23.

demichelis has only just made it back into the squad following his recent form for his club side. theres a chance he may not make the 23 however.

BoFLfTwIEAAjJ2H.jpg

Interesting decision for sure. I suppose it's about player types and roles more than quality. That's the 30 man squad by the way, little to no chance that Di Santo will go I would think.

That Argentina side looks better defensively than I actually imagined. Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay and Otamendi. All somewhere between good and very good. No idea who their left back will be though.

Could be, but could also be just a coincidence. Most countries have weaknesses in one are or another.

Rojo is an outstanding full back. He'll be their left back.

great isn't it, I've got the wall chart up, app on my phone, panini album on the go, I'm mid thirties but still love it, my dad even bought me some stickers last week, it's been 20 years nearly since he got me my first album

The last tournament was so far the most disappointing of my life. Just hope this time the winners are a team that play football the way it should be played and give the world some entertainment that international football can really do with

great isn't it, I've got the wall chart up, app on my phone, panini album on the go, I'm mid thirties but still love it, my dad even bought me some stickers last week, it's been 20 years nearly since he got me my first album
You should buy a box on ebay... £40ish or you can buy a full sticker set for about £75.

Wish they would do it when the squads are in though, not before.

As for mojo... time to book days out with mates for days at the pub, a few BBQs too. I think what kicked it off was my first refreshing cold one sitting in the garden yesterday afternoon, also all the lovely ladies out there when the sun comes out.

Last edited:
Would be a good signing.

Quite a few Sporting Lisbon players I'd be willing to gamble on to be fair. I think the Portugese league, as proven over the years, is a good source of talent.

But is he a left-back that can play in central defense, or is he a central defender that can do a good job out left?

World Cup: Luis Suarez set for knee surgery, according to Uruguyan media

Liverpool and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez will undergo knee surgery on Thursday, just three weeks before the start of the World Cup, according to media reports in Uruguay.

The 27-year-old won the PFA and Football Writers' Player of the Year awards after a superb season with Liverpool, but Uruguayan TV station Tenfield have reported that he injured his knee in training on Wednesday.

The Uruguyan Football Association is said to be optimisic that Suarez will be fit for the World Cup, with his team kicking off their campaign against Costa Rica on June 14 before facing England five days later.

Suarez returned to Uruguay on Tuesday to train with the national team, whom he helped reach the World Cup semi-finals in 2010.

There has so far been no official confirmation from the Uruguay Football Federation, but a statement is expected later on Thursday.

It is understood that Liverpool's medical team are trying to ascertain the full extent of Suarez's injury.

More to follow.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-for-knee-surgery-according-to-uruguyan-media

World Cup: Luis Suarez set for knee surgery, according to Uruguyan media

Liverpool and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez will undergo knee surgery on Thursday, just three weeks before the start of the World Cup, according to media reports in Uruguay.

The 27-year-old won the PFA and Football Writers' Player of the Year awards after a superb season with Liverpool, but Uruguayan TV station Tenfield have reported that he injured his knee in training on Wednesday.

The Uruguyan Football Association is said to be optimisic that Suarez will be fit for the World Cup, with his team kicking off their campaign against Costa Rica on June 14 before facing England five days later.

Suarez returned to Uruguay on Tuesday to train with the national team, whom he helped reach the World Cup semi-finals in 2010.

There has so far been no official confirmation from the Uruguay Football Federation, but a statement is expected later on Thursday.

It is understood that Liverpool's medical team are trying to ascertain the full extent of Suarez's injury.

More to follow.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-for-knee-surgery-according-to-uruguyan-media

Karma does exist

Our season has made me look forward to the WC more than I thought I would..., and then I saw this on SSN, According to squad numbers, suggests we will be lining up like this:

..................Hart
Johnson/Cahill/Jagielka/Baines
.........Gerrard/Lampard
.Sturridge/Wheelchair/Wellbeck
................Rooney

Let alone playing Gerrard and Lampard together, and Wheelchair has been **** all season, what a missed opportunity to play something like:

..................Hart
Johnson/Cahill/Jagielka/Baines
.........Gerrard/Henderson
....Sterling/Lallana/Sturridge
................Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back