• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

A bit weak that. I am inclined to believe we have not bid.

To be fair to JJ he is right in that there's two ways of looking at it in that we haven't bid. In that we have not faxed Villa a formal offer setting out all of the terms under which if accepted they will agree to release his transfer certificate and registration.

However, that is generally only done at the last minute when we know it will be accepted as most of the work we are doing now is negotiating with Villa as to what they will and won't accept. We have to know what funds to arrange and have guarantees in place for those funds for the transfer to be rarified so the action of making a formal proposal of transfer is generally the last thing that is done in any deal.

Spurs Clock on SO:

Genuine ITK: We have had a bid accepted for McCarthy of Wigan, just medical and personal terms to agree

When asked of a source:

from someone I trust implicitly at the club. I would bet my balls that it is 100% true.

of course we may not agree terms but it sounds like we will

He has put his testicles on the line here. :-k

McCarthy??? i like him as a player but we fcuking need a striker and a creative midfielder/forward ](*,)

I actually believe this because it sounds like something utterly ridiculous that only this club would do. Need a striker and inverted winger?.........sign central midfield number 39127860786237869.

Well it might sound ridiculous until you consider not only a switch to 4-3-3 but also that then we have a considerable drop-off in quality from our starting "powerful midfield runners" in Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro to Jake Livermore. I feel selling Thudd, Parker and Livermore and brining in McCarthy makes a lot of sense in terms of creating a "pool" to work from.

You would then have a pool of 6 first-team pros (2 for each position):

4 box to box beasts:

Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, McCarthy

2 more creative types to mix it up:

Holtby, Sig

You then have the luxury of being able to send Carroll on loan to gain some proper first-team experience at a regularly high level

McCarthy??? i like him as a player but we fcuking need a striker and a creative midfielder/forward ](*,)

Will be really confused if we sign him. GHod knows why we need yet another midfielder and buying a player from an English club obviously therefore means that the price will be high. If we really must sign another midfielder, lets either get a young 'un in who can deputise for Sandro and sell Parker OR get a genuine playmaker in. Dont see what McCarthy will bring which we dont already have....and they'll be asking £12m or something stupid for him

6 CMs
Sandro/McCarthy
Paulhino/Dembele
Holtby/Carroll(Sigurdsson as well)

Sell Parker Huddelstone Livermore, makes sense, no?

Back