• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

I said in the Kane thread that it looks like we might be looking for a Kane back up now. He is leading the line so well, scoring goals, he looks like a seasoned PL centre forward. It will take some player to come in and do any better.

I said in the Kane thread that it looks like we might be looking for a Kane back up now. He is leading the line so well, scoring goals, he looks like a seasoned PL centre forward. It will take some player to come in and do any better.

Should look at least for someone that can give Kane competition. Right now no one does.

One of his strengths is his versatility and that's a great benefit for us when looking for a new player in the transfer market. If we manage to sign someone like Bony or Benteke we can move Kane into a #10 role for some games giving us many options tactically and making it possible to give both players plenty of game time.

Right now though Kane dropping in form or picking up an injury is a nightmare scenario. Finding someone that can make that less of a nightmare situation should be one of our priorities. Earlier this season having that new player be someone that can step right in made a lot more sense. Now someone that might need some time to settle seems like less of an issue.

I think Kane should continue up front with Eriksen behind him. The way they both wander around makes it harder for the defenders than your usual static target man and creates openings for our wide forwards. Could do with a backup and someone who can add goals/competition for the wide positions. Having Townsend starting just shows how thin our squad is in that area. Wouldn't mind seeing Soldado on the right. He links up well and has put in some great crosses.

I think Kane should continue up front with Eriksen behind him. The way they both wander around makes it harder for the defenders than your usual static target man and creates openings for our wide forwards. Could do with a backup and someone who can add goals/competition for the wide positions. Having Townsend starting just shows how thin our squad is in that area. Wouldn't mind seeing Soldado on the right. He links up well and has put in some great crosses.

Could see it ..

Right now first choice is Mason/Bentaleb with Chadli/Eriksen/+1 then Kane up front.

Could see us rotate Soldado/Lamela/one of Townsend/Lennon as that right option

Hence if we could find right wing forward that has pace this window, it would be great.

No, really, that wouldn't be a good idea at all and I don't think Poch would give that any serious consideration to it. Soldado is surplus to requirements but we'll be stuck with him for the duration of his contract unfortunately, and just have to loan him out as much as possible until then.

Ings is the type of player we should go for.

Giovinco's agent says he has spoken to Spurs and Arsenal about a move. Which could mean pretty much anything and most likely it's just him trying find a buyer for the player.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015/01/02/agent-spurs-arsenal-held-talks-italy-forward-sebastian-giovinco/

Could be a decent move on a free transfer.

Not sure if he's ideally suited to the PL, but has some skills for sure and real pace to burn.

No, really, that wouldn't be a good idea at all and I don't think Poch would give that any serious consideration to it. Soldado is surplus to requirements but we'll be stuck with him for the duration of his contract unfortunately, and just have to loan him out as much as possible until then.

Ings is the type of player we should go for.

Lottery numbers please!

Lottery numbers please!

We gave a 28 year old - who earned 30k a week - a four year 60k a week contract - he won't get even half of that anywhere else, even if they were prepared to pay a few million for him. The guy's got a young family to think of - so of course he's gonna run his contract down then do the MLS thing - no-one else would take him.

Does anyone have a list of Prem attackers? So we can check off potential buys, I.e.

Ars.nil Giroud Welbeck Sanchez
Burnley Ings Barnes
Etc

We might be forgetting someone like Zaha Bolasie Gayle that could be cheap/good enough at that price

Here we go. If I had a free pick I would go for Bony, he is awesome, waddles up like a Turkish weightlifter and just punts it into the net, easy.

Underlined some interesting options for our attack/right sided attack ASSUMING they are CHEAP e.g. they may be running down contracts or whatever, I have no idea.

Crazy to think players like Bent can't get a game, even when Benteke is out.

Arsenal Sanchez, A
Arsenal Welbeck, D
Arsenal Giroud, O
Arsenal Sanogo, Y
Arsenal Podolski, L
Arsenal Campbell, J
Aston Villa Weimann, A
Aston Villa Agbonlahor, G
Aston Villa Benteke, C
Aston Villa Bent, D
Aston Villa Kozak, L
Burnley Ings, D
Burnley Barnes, A
Burnley Jutkiewicz, L
Burnley Sordell, M
Burnley Vokes, S
Chelsea Costa, D
Chelsea Drogba, D
Chelsea Remy, L
Crystal Palace Campbell, F
Crystal Palace Chamakh, M
Crystal Palace Gayle, D
Crystal Palace Doyle, K
Crystal Palace Murray, G
Crystal Palace Johnson, A
Everton Lukaku, R
Everton Naismith, S
Everton Eto'o, S
Everton Kone, A
Everton McAleny, C
Hull City Jelavic, N
Hull City Hernandez, A
Hull City Aluko, S
Hull City Sagbo, Y
Leicester City Ulloa, L
Leicester City Vardy, J
Leicester City Nugent, D
Leicester City Wood, C
Leicester City Taylor-Fletcher, G
Leicester City Lawrence, T
Liverpool Lambert, R
Liverpool Sturridge, D
Liverpool Balotelli, M
Liverpool Borini, F
Emirates Marketing Project Aguero, S
Emirates Marketing Project Jovetic, S
Emirates Marketing Project Dzeko, E
Emirates Marketing Project Pozo, J
Manchester United van Persie, R
Manchester United Rooney, W
Manchester United Falcao, R
Manchester United Wilson, J
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Cisse, P
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Perez, A
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Ameobi, S
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Riviere, E
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Armstrong, A
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Ferreyra, F
Queens Park Rangers Austin, C
Queens Park Rangers Vargas, E
Queens Park Rangers Zamora, B
Southampton Pelle, G
Southampton Long, S
Southampton Mayuka, E
Southampton Rodriguez, J
Southampton Gallagher, S
Stoke City Diouf, M
Stoke City Crouch, P
Stoke City Walters, J
Stoke City Krkic, B
Stoke City Odemwingie, P
Sunderland Fletcher, S
Sunderland Wickham, C
Sunderland Altidore, J
Sunderland Graham, D
Sunderland Mandron, M
Swansea City Bony, W
Swansea City Gomis, B
Swansea City Emnes, M
Swansea City Barrow, M
Swansea City Donnelly, R
Swansea City Demetriou, J
Tottenham Hotspur Kane, H
Tottenham Hotspur Adebayor, E
Tottenham Hotspur Soldado, R
West Bromwich Albion Berahino, S
West Bromwich Albion Anichebe, V
West Bromwich Albion Ideye, B
West Bromwich Albion Samaras, G
West Bromwich Albion Nabi, A
West Ham United Sakho, D
West Ham United Valencia, E
West Ham United Carroll, A
West Ham United Cole, C
West Ham United Zarate, M
West Ham United Vaz Te, R
West Ham United Lee, E

Underlined some interesting options for our attack/right sided attack ASSUMING they are CHEAP e.g. they may be running down contracts or whatever, I have no idea.

Burnley Ings, D
Burnley Barnes, A
Would Burnley part with either?

Liverpool Lambert, R
Please GHod NO! He's a poor mans Darren Bent

Stoke City Krkic, B
Amazed that a Barca player ends up at Stoke, is that a testament to Stoke or a sign that Krkic just isn't all that good.

Sunderland Wickham, C
Still only 21, home grown and yes I did say last January and in the summer that we should be looking at him. :lol:

Swansea City Bony, W
Will be waaay overpriced.

Just my 2c.

The Telegraph understands we've been alerted by the availability of £25-million man Berahino.

The Daily Star understands we've cooled our interest in £20-million man Berahino.

The Daily Star also thinks we're now looking at Rennes hit-man Paul-Georges Ntep.

Stoke have also renewed their interest in Ntep, 22, after trying to sign him a year ago in a deal worth around £8m.

However, he will only join a 'top six' club in England and is keen to hear what Spurs have to offer.

The France Under-21s star has scored six goals this season playing as a winger.

Could see it ..

Right now first choice is Mason/Bentaleb with Chadli/Eriksen/+1 then Kane up front.

Could see us rotate Soldado/Lamela/one of Townsend/Lennon as that right option

Hence if we could find right wing forward that has pace this window, it would be great.

Not sure we need a right wing forward if by the term WING you mean that he needs to have traditionally winger type characteristics a la Aron Lennon...; on the other hand if you are referring to us acquiring a right sided version of Chadli, then I think an additional dynamic attacking player who operates from the right and has a propensity for goals would be a good signing.

I think Jay Rodriguez is/was Poch's main man to occupy such a position; however this further injury setback means it is unlikely we will pursue further. Because of this and the fact that Kane has exploded onto the scene and over the last few games, we may actually end up not buying anyone.

This then means Poch will need to work on the enigma that is Lamella and make him into a more direct and dangerous option coming in off the right. The Leicester game pointed the way, so hopefully a front four of Kane, Chadli, Eriksen and Lamella will fulfil their obvious potential and push us on to fourth. Ideally, moving on Ade and Lennon could enable us to buy a multifaceted attacking player a la Jay Rodriquez and have options if and when one of the front four get injured.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
It was strange yesterday watching Swansea play with Emnes and Gomis, two big black dreadlocked lunks, like a strange cloning experiment.

Did they have a similar lad before? Or maybe Middlesbrough. My memory is failing me.

Reminded me of Kenwyne Jones, I was thinking "whatever happened to that big dreadlocked lunk". And then I saw him playing for Cardiff, also in Wales.

Welsh football has a lot to answer for.

Not sure we need a right wing forward if when you use the term WING you mean that he needs to have traditionally winger type characteristics a la Aron Lennon...; on the other hand if you are referring more for us to to acquire a right sided version of Chadli, then I think an additional dynamic attacking player who operates from the right and has a propensity for goals would be a good signing.

I think Jay Rodriguez is/was Poch's main man to occupy suck a position; however this further injury setback means it is unlikely we will pursue further. Because of this and the fact that Kane has exploded onto the scene and over the last few games, we may actually end up not buying anyone.

This then means Poch will need to work on the enigma that is Lamella and make him into a more direct and dangerous option coming in off the right. The Leicester game pointed the way, so hopefully a front four of Kane, Chadli, Eriksen and Lamella will fulfil their obvious potential and push us on to fourth. Ideally, moving on Ade and Lennon could enable us to buy a multifaceted attacking player a la Jay Rodriquez and have options if and when one of the front four get injured.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Exactly

Back