• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

I just saw Tom Ince lining up for Hull, people on here were talking him up a few months ago

I just saw Tom Ince lining up for Hull, people on here were talking him up a few months ago

Been on loan in the Championship first half of the season, but Ben Arfa going AWOL meant a recall probably. Don't think Ramirez has been that great either. Their summer transfers don't appear to have been well planned.

Been on loan in the Championship first half of the season, but Ben Arfa going AWOL meant a recall probably. Don't think Ramirez has been that great either. Their summer transfers don't appear to have been well planned.

Sometimes transfers just flop all together.
We should know

Bruce is like a kid in a sweetshop when it comes to transfers

Bruce is like a kid in a sweetshop when it comes to transfers

They already had Elmohamady and signed four new wingers in the summer. Ince was sent out on loan and Snodgrass can barely get a game.

Ben Arfa has incidentally been released by Saudi Sportswashing Machine and might be going to Nice.

I have a real issue with fat managers, how much does he need to put away in a day to be that size?
And if hes at the club all day, who is continually feeding him?

The amount of free food at football clubs is eye opening. The players can knock it off because they use the gyms but the managers well that is another matter.

I have a real issue with fat managers, how much does he need to put away in a day to be that size?
And if hes at the club all day, who is continually feeding him?

Poch's belly is developing quite nicely. A see him turning into a tracksuit wearing Rafa Benitez

Despite Emenike's injury, Fenerbahçe are keen to hold onto their striker and they are believed to have turned down transfer offer worth 10 million euros from Tottenham Hotspur. Fenerbahçe president Aziz Yıldırım revealed he rejected an offer bid worth 10 million euros for Emmanuel Emenike. "The offer for Emenike came and they offered 10 million euros. However, I trust him; therefore, I rejected the offer," Yıldırım said, adding, "I trust Emenike and Diego. Emenike, as well as Diego will add to the strength of our team in the second half of the season. They will give the performance expected of them. They will make a major contribution towards our success. I have no doubt about this."

http://www.dailysabah.com/football/2015/01/04/fener-go-into-break-looking-strong

With the Africa CoN starting soon, how do "all those strikers" stack up... are there any that we could get, i.e. the next Bony, still playing for Auxerre or Anderlecht, about to make it big in the Prem?

With the Africa CoN starting soon, how do "all those strikers" stack up... are there any that we could get, i.e. the next Bony, still playing for Auxerre or Anderlecht, about to make it big in the Prem?

I think over the past 2 years the pendulum has swung back towards smaller more dynamic forwards (Aguero, Suarez, Neymar, James Rodriguez), rather than big powerful ones (Drogba, Bony, Benteke).

Therefore I would suggest the best place to be looking for a young forward would be South America (maybe countries like Colombia and Chile, rather than the obvious Brazil and Argentina)

If you want more of a traditional English/African 'big beast' type though, M'Baye Niang is supposed to be the next big thing.

I think over the past 2 years the pendulum has swung back towards smaller more dynamic forwards (Aguero, Suarez, Neymar, James Rodriguez), rather than big powerful ones (Drogba, Bony, Benteke).

Therefore I would suggest the best place to be looking for a young forward would be South America (maybe countries like Colombia and Chile, rather than the obvious Brazil and Argentina)

If you want more of a traditional English/African 'big beast' type though, M'Baye Niang is supposed to be the next big thing.

9 goals in 73 games is a little concerning

9 goals in 73 games is a little concerning

He's only 20 and it's a role players tend to blossom fairly late in.

Note how Bony is only coming into his prime now at 26 and Benteke at 24.

And Drogba only scored 15 in 75 in his first 4 professional seasons, but is still playing at the top at 36.

Germany still brought Klose to the World Cup. Benzema, Zlatan, Cavani, Costa, Rooney, RvP, Giroud, Kane. Surely they do not all fit your description of "smaller"?

And does it really matter where the pendulum has swung in the last two years? I don't see why a trend like that should decide what Poch does with us.

Germany still brought Klose to the World Cup. Benzema, Zlatan, Cavani, Costa, Rooney, RvP, Giroud, Kane. Surely they do not all fit your description of "smaller"?

And does it really matter where the pendulum has swung in the last two years? I don't see why a trend like that should decide what Poch does with us.

Because target men aren't effective against high lines - the defending trend that has swept the game of late. They also can't do the pressing from the front required by the system.

A lot of the players you list (Kane, Cavani etc). are much more all round players, than the 'big beasts' that everyone was using a few years ago.

Because target men aren't effective against high lines - the defending trend that has swept the game of late. They also can't do the pressing from the front required by the system.

A lot of the players you list (Kane, Cavani etc). are much more all round players, than the 'big beasts' that everyone was using a few years ago.

I would much rather claim that the trend has been towards more all round players, perhaps primarily as lone strikers have become the norm and so having a player who needs a partner is seen as less feasible.

Not sure who the "big beast" top class players you're talking about that were there a couple (2?) of years ago that could not be described as all round or complete?

I think you're just trying to fit some stereotypes to your own player preferences.

Back