• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Hi

First time post - hope I am in the right thread - don't batter me if I should have posted this elsewhere.
I am very confused by people on here telling us that we have no money available this window - or money is really tight. I have in mind the transfer dealings of 2012 and as follows:

Out:

Corluka £5.5m
Pav £9.7m
Modric £33m
Pienaar £4.5M
Nico £5.5M
Bassong £4m
GDS £5m
Rafa £11m

that comes to a sizeable £78.2M - not all up front I am sure but in the accounts. Now you might argue those numbers up or down a bit but that's a sizeable amount of money.

Then we spent:

In:

Verts £8m
Sygi £8m
Ade £5m
Moussa £14m
Dempsey £6m
Lloris £8m

Now unless I have a glaring ommission the Chairman has the thick end of £30M available - without adding any new Transfer money - which a club has to find annually if they are to compete.

No doubt you may be able to put me right but if I am largely right can we stop acting like Liam Byrne at the Treasury saying "there's no money"?

Thanks for reading

No reason to doubt your figures. No way of proving them either of course.

Makes you wonder though, doesn't it?

And welcome, by the way. Your username sits well with latest crop of oldies posting on this board (myself included0

Hi

First time post - hope I am in the right thread - don't batter me if I should have posted this elsewhere.
I am very confused by people on here telling us that we have no money available this window - or money is really tight. I have in mind the transfer dealings of 2012 and as follows:

I imagine we'll have paid a fair amount for the training facilities and obviously need money for the stadium. And I imagine if we're throwing 30m at a striker some would question why we need funding for that stadium.

Also in terms of the transfers you're using figures from various newspaper sources which may be unreliable and also not taking in to account agent fees which we have been guilty of spending a fair amount on in recent times.

That combined with clingers on with high wages I don't think we have money to be throwing about at the moment.

Edit: Welcome to the board by the way!

And those numbers don't include agent fees and sign on fees. In the last two seasons we've spent more than £14 million on agents alone.

Hi

Out:

Corluka £5.5m
Pav £9.7m
Modric £33m
Pienaar £4.5M
Nico £5.5M
Bassong £4m
GDS £5m
Rafa £11m

that comes to a sizeable £78.2M - not all up front I am sure but in the accounts. Now you might argue those numbers up or down a bit but that's a sizeable amount of money.

Then we spent:

In:

Verts £8m
Sygi £8m
Ade £5m
Moussa £14m
Dempsey £6m
Lloris £8m

Now unless I have a glaring ommission the Chairman has the thick end of £30M available - without adding any new Transfer money - which a club has to find annually if they are to compete.

No doubt you may be able to put me right but if I am largely right can we stop acting like Liam Byrne at the Treasury saying "there's no money"?

Thanks for reading

Because of the way football accounts are done.
The transfers fees and arent just added and subtracted from each other in the way that you have done.

Here last year's figures http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2011/12/tottenham-grounds-for-optimism-or.html

And this years results - http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/shareholder-update-22012013.page

They are also ignoring any wage increases for players who were already at the club.

Hi

Thanks for your replies - nice to have stimulated a debate. I don't mind if you want to shave some of this surplus off for Agents but I still think you'd end up with a lot of money. I accept that I have gleaned these numbers from newspapers - where else would I get them? But with all the caveats we still seem to have made a trading surplus on transfers. Now if that surplus is being transferred into the Stadium fund or paying down debt on the Training facilities then isn't that potentially leaving the team/squad exposed to the chance of injury blight and reducing performance as a result? I am very scared that we will suffer the fate of last season when we were beautifully poised for third but didn't strengthen the squad in January to underpin that progress. We brought in Saha - one good game - and Ryan Nelsen - decent journeyman - but it sort of lacked ambition to go for it to me and we might be doing that again. Of course Harry seemed to lose the plot for two months last season while the England manager vacancy played out.

Accepting that it is really difficult to buy quality players mid season I am saying that there would appear to be money available and the squad needs strengthening if we are to get fourth - look at the striker situation....

But I am sure Mr Levy knows this - although i suspect he is simply waiting for the last minute bargains. He sort of reminds me of the people who hang around Sainsburys waiting for perishable goods to be marked down late in the trading day! That image sort of amused me!

Anyway, in summary does anybody else fear us losing ground as we did after Xmas last year?

We spent a considerable amount in the January '09 window, money that we "borrowed" future transfer kitties. You have to look at it over a much longer period to see where the money is going.

European football expert James Horncastle tells BBC Sport: "Inter seem keen on some wheel-and-dealing and there's a rumour in Gazzetta about a mooted exchange with Tottenham which would see former Porto [and Andre Villas-Boas disciple] Alvaro Pereira go to White Hart Lane with Benoit Assou-Ekotto heading to San Siro.

European football expert James Horncastle tells BBC Sport: "Inter seem keen on some wheel-and-dealing and there's a rumour in Gazzetta about a mooted exchange with Tottenham which would see former Porto [and Andre Villas-Boas disciple] Alvaro Pereira go to White Hart Lane with Benoit Assou-Ekotto heading to San Siro.

What would be the point of doing that for either club?

We have money to spend, we could spend a whole lot more than we do. But ENIC don't want to run up debts, understandable, and don't want to subsidise the club, understandable.

Therefore we'll continue to not win the 'Big 2' and will do very well to do any better than the occasional Lge Cup for the foreseeable future. Not good enough for me, as I'd prefer a 'sugar daddy' trophy winner to come in. But it's not terrible either, we're still better than about 95% of the professional clubs in this country.

From Dunan Castles - Sunday Times journo who called everything right last deadline day when everyone said the Moutinho deal was done and he said it wasnt.

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/702763fa-d096-4d40-9c49-994c666f18f4/?source=twitter

Tottenham are considering an offer to sign Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira from #Inter. #THFC #URU
Internazionale have proposed swapping Pereira, a €10million signing from FC Porto in August, for Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Andre Villas-Boas is understood to be interested in the opportunity to work again with Pereira, one of the key players in the FC Porto side he coached to the treble before moving to English football.
Villas-Boas attempted to sign Pereira for Chelsea in 2011 but was priced out of a transfer by his former employers.

From Dunan Castles - Sunday Times journo who called everything right last deadline day when everyone said the Moutinho deal was done and he said it wasnt.

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/702763fa-d096-4d40-9c49-994c666f18f4/?source=twitter

Tottenham are considering an offer to sign Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira from #Inter. #THFC #URU
Internazionale have proposed swapping Pereira, a €10million signing from FC Porto in August, for Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Andre Villas-Boas is understood to be interested in the opportunity to work again with Pereira, one of the key players in the FC Porto side he coached to the treble before moving to English football.
Villas-Boas attempted to sign Pereira for Chelsea in 2011 but was priced out of a transfer by his former employers.

No fudging thanks.

Hi

Out:

Corluka £5.5m
Pav £9.7m
Modric £33m
Pienaar £4.5M
Nico £5.5M
Bassong £4m
GDS £5m
Rafa £11m

Then we spent:

In:

Verts £8m
Sygi £8m
Ade £5m
Moussa £14m
Dempsey £6m
Lloris £8m

Thanks for reading

wooo what you been smoking and can i have some please,

pav was widely reported as 8m, pienaar(?) was 3m and rafa was reported as the 8m we paid for him we got back, not sure why your over doing the deals by so much, seems odd that you would go to such extremes. May i also remind you we are trying to build a new stadium and several different reports say we have already spent in the region of 90m on it.

Money does not grow on trees.

That said i would be offering parker to qpr tonight and go after a younger version in diame. The are good deals out there to be had if we are clever.

Did you see AVBs face when asked if anyone would be "going out" tomorrow?

Definite smirk. A knowing smirk.

Watch this space.

Back