• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Well he doesn't say either of them, so it's irrelevant, no?

AVB: "I don't think so, it's completley unreal at the moment. We've told you we're willing to commit the risk, a lot of speculation about Defoe and his injury and he played 90 minutes and player extremely well too so i think we keep on going."

He says, 'i don't think so. Stop asking because we've said we're willing to risk it with the strikers we have, You keep looking into defoe's injury, he played 90 minutes and player is extremely well so we'll keep it as we are.'

Did you watch the post-match interview? He says he played extremely well. http://www1.skysports.com/news/11095/8456952/

my GHod, take what AVB says with a massive mound of salt.. he's not harry, he's not going to give things away.. if he says 'you never know' then there is a chance.

there is no way defoe was excellent tonight either

Daniel Levy ‏@YouGotLevyed
Announcement: The Tottenham Hotspur transfer window is officially open!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/31/qpr-harry-redknapp-tottenham

QPR's Harry Redknapp to make deadline day raid for Tottenham trio

Harry Redknapp is primed to make a startling raid on his former club Tottenham Hotspur to sign David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas and Andros Townsend as he battles to keep Queens Park Rangers in the Premier League.

The Loftus Road manager has said that his club will be doomed if they cannot beat Thursday night's transfer cut-off to bolster the squad and he also hopes to complete the signing of the Anzhi Makhachkala central defender Christopher Samba for a club record fee. It is the potential purchase of the Tottenham trio, though, that promises to be a major plotline of deadline day.

Bentley's deal expires in the summer of 2014 and Jenas's at the end of this season and Redknapp effectively wants to take over their contracts. Townsend, the young winger, is wanted on loan until the end of the campaign.

The capture of Bentley, in particular, would raise eyebrows, given that Redknapp expressed his frustration with the some-time England winger when they worked together at Tottenham. He could not find a place for him in the team and he sent him on loan to Birmingham City and West Ham. There was also the infamous incident when Bentley drenched Redknapp with water in the boisterous celebrations after Tottenham qualified for the Champions League in 2010, which did not go down well.

Redknapp, though, has always appreciated Bentley's creative talent. The 28-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Blackburn Rovers for £15m in 2008, has just returned from a loan at FC Rostov in Russia and Jenas is back from a loan at Nottingham Forest.

Samba left Anzhi's winter training camp in Marbella on Tuesday without bidding farewell to his team-mates and flew to London, with the Russian club's manager, Guus Hiddink, confirming he expected the deal to go through before the cut-off. QPR have triggered a clause in the 28-year-old's £100,000-a-week contract, thought to be set at £12.5m, with the centre-half keen to return to England.

"It's not a very good situation," said Hiddink. "Samba was with us during this season, began preparations for the winter training camps and suddenly this opportunity arose with an English club. He left for England on Tuesday. Unfortunately we didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to him. He didn't explain anything to us. Everything has developed very quickly." Almost by way of consolation, Anzhi expect to sign the Brazilian winger Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk for around £29m.

Samba would join Yun Suk-young at Loftus Road after the South Korea left-back was granted international clearance and signed a three-and-a-half-year contract. Another defensive target, the Portuguese centre-half Rolando, is expected to complete a six-month loan move to Napoli from Porto, and the Rangers chairman, Tony Fernandes, has seen a second, improved bid for the Fulham centre-back Brede Hangeland rejected. The Craven Cottage club hope to retain their captain until the end of the season. QPR are expected to resume talks with Stoke City over the purchase of Peter Crouch, who has played under Redknapp at Southampton, Tottenham and Portsmouth, though the clubs are some distance apart over a fee for the 32-year-old.

There will be further departures, too, from Loftus Road with the forward DJ Campbell likely to join Hull City in the Championship and Alejandro Faurlín talking to Palermo over a loan move until the end of the season.

Redknapp appreciates Bentley's talent. Hahaha. Redknapp appreciates the fact Bentley sank that Nayim-length putt against Arsenal.

And doesn't need a translator.

Any other acquisitions will be used to feed Samba.

I don't believe either Jenas or Bentley have the character for a relegation scrap, and I'd be surprised if Redknapp thought so either.

Tottenham's desperate attempts to secure Internacional forward Leandro Damiao have seemingly paid off, with ClicRBS reporting Spurs have been given permission to launch a whopping £19.7 million offer for the Brazil international. It's a fair rise from Tottenham's offer of £15m earlier this month and shows how keen Andre Villas-Boas is to bolster his attacking ranks. Damiao has reportedly received the green light from his club to move to the Premier League. Expect the deal to be done today.

So if Huddlestone and Livermore go we would be a bit short of CM's what with Sandro's injury.

If both of them do leave expect another CM coming in today.

has this escaped everyones attention from the Samba article above???

"It's not a very good situation," said Hiddink. "Samba was with us during this season, began preparations for the winter training camps and suddenly this opportunity arose with an English club. He left for England on Tuesday. Unfortunately we didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to him. He didn't explain anything to us. Everything has developed very quickly." Almost by way of consolation, Anzhi expect to sign the Brazilian winger Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk for around £29m.

:eek:

What have I done????

Just realised, my Sky TV gets disconnected later, along with my broadband. :eek:

Ok, It will all be reconnected later with shiny new Virgin stuff, but I will be without contact for .....................hours:(

teletext on the mobile it is then

Tottenham's desperate attempts to secure Internacional forward Leandro Damiao have seemingly paid off, with ClicRBS reporting Spurs have been given permission to launch a whopping £19.7 million offer for the Brazil international. It's a fair rise from Tottenham's offer of £15m earlier this month and shows how keen Andre Villas-Boas is to bolster his attacking ranks. Damiao has reportedly received the green light from his club to move to the Premier League. Expect the deal to be done today.

Please can you provide a link to stories.

i interpreted it as a 'please' uttered through gritted teeth and with a scowl spread across his face. 8-[

blunt. in one word.

i interpreted it as a 'please' uttered through gritted teeth and with a scowl spread across his face. 8-[

blunt. in one word.

How can you tell that from the t'internet??

Do I detect a bit of a complex............? :lol:

(THAT was a joke.............just incase you were wondering, and just to clarify)

Back