• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

What a co-incidence that the Metro reports our "interest", a day or two after one or two posters on here discuss the fact that they'd like us to sign him...:D

There's not that many decent players in the world. Most of them are linked to us several times over the course of a season.

It's been several days since the last Pato story. His move to Liverpool should fall through for the 1347th time any minute now.

Yeah but ultimately, we want to be playing in the CL and Zlatan does not turn up in big knockout games, I'd rather we buy someone who isn't completely anonymous when it really matters.

that's a popular line of denial regarding the Zlatan, the most casual perusal of his career statistics shows otherwise, Ajax, Juve, Inter & Milan all won titles solely due to his participation, he has scored crucial goals to decide league titles 7 times, one of them was even a back heel

Ronaldo, Messi & Bale have all made great teams greater, they have been the difference many times, Zlatan is a considerable difference, every single day, he makes the average exceptional

Diego, Messi, Pele, Greaves, Bale, Ronaldo, it'll be argued through the ages, I'd take the Zlatan every time

I thought we needed an old fashioned goal scorer, a la Jermaine Defoe that's why my preference is berahino. Not sure about the obsession with wide forwards as we are well stocked. If you take Liverpool it's not only that they have more strikers than us but also they have more striking options. It's these different options up front which may give them the edge in the chase for top 4.
I think it's because being able to play L/RWF means he has more of a chance of getting matches. If we buy a player that can only play in Kane's position then he'll spend a lot of time getting bored on the bench.

Not that Poch/Mitchell/Levy need my opinion, but the only thing I'd do this winter is make a Godfather offer (25 million pounds, 80k per week salary) to Marseille for Michy Batshuayi. My girlfriend is French, and I watch a fair amount of French football, and MB is an absolute beast. Power, pace, balance, dribbling, decent finishing, and still only 22. He can play as the #9, out wide, or even a little bit withdrawn. Meaning, he could play without or without Kane. I think he'd be a brilliant signing with massive sell-on value who would hit the ground running in England. I'm not sure, even with the above offer, Marsielle would sell, but I'd give them an offer that would make it very hard to refuse.

I like the cut if your gib! Don't know much about MB but he sounds the DBs and just what we need.

Spurs transfer news: Pochettino hopes to beat Gunners to Michy Batshuayi
Dec 8, 2015
Despite interest from Arsenal, Spurs will try to lure the 22-year-old Belgian - all the latest Tottenham transfer news and gossip
151208-batshuayi.jpg

Boris Horvat/AFP/Getty Images
Page 1 of 2Spurs transfer news: Pochettino hopes to beat Gunners to Michy Batshuayi
With just over three weeks until the transfer window opens, Metro reports that Tottenham are limbering up by sending their scouts to Marseille to watch Michy Batshuayi in action. The 22-year-old marksman has scored 12 times for the Ligue 1 outfit this season, form that he's replicated on the international stage for Belgium. According to Metro, Spurs gaffer Mauricio Pochettino had his spies watch Batshuayi against Rennes last week and, aware of Arsenal's interest, he is "keen" to make a move for the Belgian striker next month.

It appears Poch is on board too. If true, really hope we beat the scum to him and don't allow another Bergcamp, Petit situation to develop. Go big and go strong, Levy.

Metro ( or some such) reporting Pardew is due to make a £15m for MB. If true, I doubly want him. Pardew and Wenger, who was previously linked, have a good record buying young talent from the French League. Would be great to use our Belgian/Dutch connection to land him.

Not that Poch/Mitchell/Levy need my opinion, but the only thing I'd do this winter is make a Godfather offer (25 million pounds, 80k per week salary) to Marseille for Michy Batshuayi. My girlfriend is French, and I watch a fair amount of French football, and MB is an absolute beast. Power, pace, balance, dribbling, decent finishing, and still only 22. He can play as the #9, out wide, or even a little bit withdrawn. Meaning, he could play without or without Kane. I think he'd be a brilliant signing with massive sell-on value who would hit the ground running in England. I'm not sure, even with the above offer, Marsielle would sell, but I'd give them an offer that would make it very hard to refuse.

Haven't actually seen him play a game, but based on what I've been reading and some quick youtube clips Bathuayi seems like one of the best fits around for us right now if we're going for someone at a level to come right in and perform. (Dembele, Embolo etc being younger and probably needing a bit more time).

What you're saying about him being able to play multiple roles/positions makes that even more the case imo.

I think you're spot on that even for £25m he might not be available. But as we showed with Son this summer we might be willing to pay up for the right player.

Haven't actually seen him play a game, but based on what I've been reading and some quick youtube clips Bathuayi seems like one of the best fits around for us right now if we're going for someone at a level to come right in and perform. (Dembele, Embolo etc being younger and probably needing a bit more time).

What you're saying about him being able to play multiple roles/positions makes that even more the case imo.

I think you're spot on that even for £25m he might not be available. But as we showed with Son this summer we might be willing to pay up for the right player.

Agreed. My knowledge of him is the same as yours. For £25m, he seems a better fit to me than SB.

Spurs transfer news: Pochettino hopes to beat Gunners to Michy Batshuayi
Dec 8, 2015
Despite interest from Arsenal, Spurs will try to lure the 22-year-old Belgian - all the latest Tottenham transfer news and gossip
151208-batshuayi.jpg

Boris Horvat/AFP/Getty Images
Page 1 of 2Spurs transfer news: Pochettino hopes to beat Gunners to Michy Batshuayi
With just over three weeks until the transfer window opens, Metro reports that Tottenham are limbering up by sending their scouts to Marseille to watch Michy Batshuayi in action. The 22-year-old marksman has scored 12 times for the Ligue 1 outfit this season, form that he's replicated on the international stage for Belgium. According to Metro, Spurs gaffer Mauricio Pochettino had his spies watch Batshuayi against Rennes last week and, aware of Arsenal's interest, he is "keen" to make a move for the Belgian striker next month.

There's that from @Robspur12? Any chance of including links with transfer gossip?

Could this be the first window for ages when we don't have to cope with loads of Spurs fans banging on about buying Benteke

Back