• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Recall him?

He may not be good enough, but we're not sending players out on loan to be played out of position. Annoys me that teams take our players on loan and don't use them or don't use them in their position. If you haven't got a place for them, don't bring them in.

Recall him?

He may not be good enough, but we're not sending players out on loan to be played out of position. Annoys me that teams take our players on loan and don't use them or don't use them in their position. If you haven't got a place for them, don't bring them in.

tbf he has played a lot in midfield for spurs or out wide. its up to kane to get past henderson and keogh. if he cant do that then he has no chance of displacing vdv, ade and co

Last edited:
Recall him?

They've got to earn their place in the team though, I think the problem is that many of these youngsters go in with the mindset that they deserve a place in the starting line up because they're going down a level in football, and they get a shock when no one actually gives a brick that they come from Spurs, they're more interested in what they can do for the club and how commited they are in their approach

Aye, I get that. But if they're just constantly not being played, it's not helping anyone. Same as being played out of position.

I think we're doing well though considering how many loans we have out, I'd say 90% of them are getting games.

Kane is being played out of position yes but someone mentioned he used to play there for the U-18s and I guess that's better than not playing at all, improves his overall round game. It's hard to believe he's still only 18, feels like he's been talked about for ages but if you consider that he broke through to the professional list at the same time as Jordan Archer, Ryan Fredericks, Alex Pritchard, Jesse Waller-Lassen, Cameron Lancaster and Kudus Oyenuga you I can't dance he's done a lot better so far with his career than the others. Jake Livermore broke through 3 seasons earlier and is only now getting games for Spurs so I wouldn't write Kane off just yet!

I think we're doing well though considering how many loans we have out, I'd say 90% of them are getting games.

Kane is being played out of position yes but someone mentioned he used to play there for the U-18s and I guess that's better than not playing at all, improves his overall round game. It's hard to believe he's still only 18, feels like he's been talked about for ages but if you consider that he broke through to the professional list at the same time as Jordan Archer, Ryan Fredericks, Alex Pritchard, Jesse Waller-Lassen, Cameron Lancaster and Kudus Oyenuga you I can't dance he's done a lot better so far with his career than the others. Jake Livermore broke through 3 seasons earlier and is only now getting games for Spurs so I wouldn't write Kane off just yet!

we just dont know what the problem might be though. It could be as simple as coming to terms with a less modern training schedule than hes used to - this is part of learning the trade.

townsend has come back from Leeds apparently, leeds fans not too happy about his attitude but its probably just sour grapes

Leeds boss Neil Warnock has confirmed Andros Townsend has ended his loan spell at Elland Road to return to Tottenham.

Townsend joined Leeds on New Year's Day and has made seven appearances during his time in Yorkshire.

However, the player has opted to cut short his stay at Leeds as he struggled to settle at the club.

Warnock admits he is disappointed to lose the midfielder amid rumours that Birmingham are lining up a swoop for the 29-year-old.

Disappointed

"I've lost Townsend," Warnock told the club's official website.

"I'm disappointed because we've lost a player, but I don't want people who don't want to be here so good riddance I say if it's what he wants to do."

"His agent told me he didn't like here, he wasn't happy and he hadn't settled.

"I've heard that Birmingham want to sign him, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it.

Surprise surprise Leeds fans spouting abuse now

Ah. fudge him then. Billy big gonad*s.

Only played well in his first an last game

Didn't rate him tbh. Just some other flashy clam from the PL thinking he's too good for this league.

fudging sod him, another average player with a massive head.

Can't say as we'll miss him specifically, but it does leave us minus a creative outlet.

If Andros Townsend was a tenth as good as he thinks he is this would be a big loss. He's not and it's not. Warnock's said it right, just a shame he didn't add '...so get fudged you mekon-headed show pony'.

What a prick. Bye bye mekon-head.

fudge him then

Hopefully this will highlight the fact that we need to concentrate on signing permanent players rather that fudging godawful loanees who can fudge off like this little scrotum Townsend

fudge HIM THE fudging WEIRD HEAD SHAPED AND HAIR LINED fudge

fck him bottle job was never up to it anyway from what i saw of him.

Apparantly used a clause in his loan deal to get out due to not playing a part in most games.

Townsend has pace - That's it really. Cant cross for s-hit and he does'nt wanna be hear. So f-uck him.

http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/topic/9031-andros-townsend/page__st__140
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s277.htm?447,13083731

Townsend coming back to Spurs isnt ideal. For him to progress he needs to play games and he's not ready to play in the PL yet. I really do wonder what the problem is with some of the 'youngsters' which Spurs have - we have a number of people like Parrett, Bostock, Townsend who go out on loan and then reportedly don't give a sh1t or give the impression that they think they've made it simply because they come from Spurs and played in a few Europa cup games...its like they think they have a divine right to end up earning 100k a week and having a model girlfriend and therefore that playing for Leeds etc is beneath them! You would have thought that seeing players like Bale and Modric at Spurs should inspire them to develop

For a number of them its really getting to the point where in 6-12 months time it'll be starting to get too late for them.

Windy on twitter just daid he has heard Adam Smith may be cutting his loan short at Leeds as well what the hell is going on up there?

I think that's a bit harsh on Parrett and Townsend AdamB.

Parrett has had his loan spell with Yeovil extended to the end of the season and Yeovil fans are quite happy with him.

Townsend did well at Orient and more recently at Millwall. His other loans have mostly been disrupted by injury and only Roy Keane at Ipswich stopped playing him and Harry recalled him, seemingly upset that he didn't. Leeds fans were actually quite happy with him and annoyed when Redfearn was not playing him. To put it into perspective Obika and Townsend both made their league debuts for Yeovil at the same time and Townsend has progressed MUCH more than Obika, even earning a contract to 2016.

Windy on twitter just daid he has heard Adam Smith may be cutting his loan short at Leeds as well what the hell is going on up there?

Both were signed by a different manager. I would imagine that both of them had got reasonable guarantees over game time from the previous manager, with him going and Warnock coming in that may have changed. I am not suprised that Townsend has come back to Spurs if he wasn't starting there and I wondered why we had allowed Smith to go there in the first place with us having no cover at right back.

Both were signed by a different manager. I would imagine that both of them had got reasonable guarantees over game time from the previous manager, with him going and Warnock coming in that may have changed. I am not suprised that Townsend has come back to Spurs if he wasn't starting there and I wondered why we had allowed Smith to go there in the first place with us having no cover at right back.

good point though I imagine we would slot Kaboul in at RB before giving Smith a go

Back