• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thank you AVB

First man who dusted of all the cynicism and give me real belief that Tottenham could be great again (since my childhood naivety was shattered in summer 1991). I've not had such passion for the club in more than 20 years - I genuinely felt the clouds were finally breaking and blue skies (and silverware) were ahead. Now we are right back in the mid-winter storm.

My thoughts 100% exactly.

Not just him that has been screwed, what about these players that came to the club for this big project? Surely AVB had a hand in convincing the likes of Eriksen that he would be making the right choice coming here?

Also, forgot ot mention his win percentage at 55% - thank you for this too, you brought some consistency to the club.

Not just him that has been screwed, what about these players that came to the club for this big project? Surely AVB had a hand in convincing the likes of Eriksen that he would be making the right choice coming here?

It's why we definitely need another philosophy manager - someone with a vision for the players to buy-into. To keep the top ones at the club this window and in the summer.

De Boer would be perfect for this IMO, especially as we know Verts and Eriksen are already au-fait with his ideas.

We'll probably never know the full story behind this sacking (or departure by mutual consent if you will), but I am sad to see AVB go and genuinely concerned about the future. If (and only if) AVB irreversibly lost the dressing room will I consider this a rational decision by Levy. Results were good (injuries and squad rebuild considered) while performances too frequently were below the expected standard. By all accounts the effort invested by AVB was outstanding.

Thank you Andre, and good luck.

Oh, and any plan to have the club run by Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand for a period longer than 2-3 weeks must be considered criminally reckless.

We'll probably never know the full story behind this sacking (or departure by mutual consent if you will), but I am sad to see AVB go and genuinely concerned about the future. If (and only if) AVB irreversibly lost the dressing room will I consider this a rational decision by Levy. Results were good (injuries and squad rebuild considered) while performances too frequently were below the expected standard. By all accounts the effort invested by AVB was outstanding.

Thank you Andre, and good luck.

Oh, and any plan to have the club run by Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand for a period longer than 2-3 weeks must be considered criminally reckless.

That's too long. With the Christmas fixture concentration, we could be down in the bottom half and out of both domestic cups in that period.

If Levy had nothing but this plan z in place, he really does need to fall on his sword.

[video]http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8307632/my-special-day---callum-meets-spurs[/video]

After watching this video I was over the top proud of our club and our manager.... Good luck, André - I will miss you.

Not saying he didn't have an influence but I thought it was more the dof that had a more prominent role in luring/convincing players....

Started so brightly, so full of hope ... at least he had a full season ... good luck mate ! I think he needs more experience and support.

[video]http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8307632/my-special-day---callum-meets-spurs[/video]

After watching this video I was over the top proud of our club and our manager.... Good luck, André - I will miss you.

Bloody hell, near enough reduced me to tears in the office! The whole thing...absolutely heart wrenching.

:lol::lol:

I'm sorry but this is genuinely funny. AVB the....HERO:lol:

megan-fox-tongue-in-cheek.jpg

Thanks for being a breath of fresh air after Redknapp, just a shame that you could never win over the media, I think we will see AVB again, and sad to say, he will probably win trophies before we do. I think the way he was treated in the media is a disgrace. Sadly it hasn't quite worked out, but getting sacked for being 8 point of 1st and in the quarters of the league cup and last 32 of Europe does still seem harsh.

I just hope that whoever is appointed next meets the medias approval and does not offend the old boys network that has been holding back our national team for the last twenty years!

Anyway, onwards and upwards, the least we can do is back the team for the next few games. COYS!

First man who dusted of all the cynicism and give me real belief that Tottenham could be great again (since my childhood naivety was shattered in summer 1991). I've not had such passion for the club in more than 20 years - I genuinely felt the clouds were finally breaking and blue skies (and silverware) were ahead. Now we are right back in the mid-winter storm.

I'm afraid this says a lot more about you then it does AVB...

Had genuine high hopes for AVB. Could see him staying with us for a long time. Very disappointed this has happened, and can see our season capitulating if we don't get someone in soon. He is a likeable man, who for two seasons had his best player sold, and had to adapt.

I hope he does well in the future, and also hope he never comes back to the Premier League. Didn't deserve the criticism he got from the media, all because he fell out with journo favourite Mourinho, and replaced journo second favourite Redknapp.

Had genuine high hopes for AVB. Could see him staying with us for a long time. Very disappointed this has happened, and can see our season capitulating if we don't get someone in soon. He is a likeable man, who for two seasons had his best player sold, and had to adapt.

Good point. Really comes to show that this club is un manageable.

Why we forked out on Paulinho and Lamela, instead of a proven match winner is beyond me at this point.

Back