• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thank you AVB

Gutted he didn't get the time, sad that he seemed to revert to old personality traits near the end…if he stays in the game for 10 more years, he will be a tremendous manager somewhere.

I think youre right but I dont think its in England.

He will be remembered fondly for his enthusiasm, passion and desire for us to succeed. It's never a nice way to end a relationship with a manager but he is a decent man and I wish him all the best.

Loved his goal celebrations, the Man United gif is my favourite AVB moment as well, I think.

This was my favourite:

avb-push.gif

I think youre right but I dont think its in England.
I'd imagine he's had his fill of England.

Sorry to see him go personally, I wish him the best of luck. Seems a decent man and as a coach won us a lot of games, and although I take the argument that our style was lacking, we'll never know now whether he'd have got there eventually now. Round and round and round, as someone said earlier. A shame.

Thanks for playing a part in getting the best out of Bale last season (Bale himself gets credit too) and for beating United. Good first season but couldn't build on it unfortunately, find it hard to say anything positive about this season. All the best to him though, I have no ill will toward the man.

Thanks AVB for giving me far more positivity about Spurs, thought you could have been something special here. Not so keen on Levy for being so quick to push the button, we aren't that far from where we want to be. Just goes to show what two results can do for a football manager.

Not particularly optimistic about the options out there, with this distraction reckon we'll finish about 8th or 9th.

Granted, may have ended up the case with AVB, but should have at least given him the season. Massively dislike this fire someone and hope for an immediate improvement attitude in football these days.

We have nothing to thank him for.

He was paid handsomely for his services and turned us into the most boring team in Europe.

In the midst of all the shenanigans and the indifferent results this season, thought I would start a thread to remember some of the good things during his tenure;

a) Unbeaten in last three games against Man U
b) Won at Old Trafford first time since 1989c) The 3-1 win against Emirates Marketing Project last season
d) Beating Arsenal
e) Record Premier points total last season
f) Fantastic away record during during his time with us

I wasnt a big fan of his, he had a hard act to follow in my eyes, so was always up against him, but still, I wish him well for the future and owe him a thank you for slaying this hoodoo. Although I did think his destiny was to lead us to victory at the Bridge last season.
Ah well

Really disappointed he hasn't managed to make it work at Spurs, as I wanted him to do well. Seems like a decent bloke too.

Thanks AVB decent guy...real shame it didnt work out....some good memories .....

best of luck in the future for whatever you do.

I am not going to be a hypocrite. He wasn't my choice to take over. I had reservations about him following his time at Chelsea. The Porto success could be argued was not down to him and he never stayed anywhere for more than a season up to this season, which is always suspicious in any walk of life.

I was never convinced his style of play, man management, team selection, dead ball creativity or in-game nous and substitutions were any guarantee of success. In the meantime, with a few notable exceptions (inter at home and manure away) the football being delivered was turgid in the extreme.

While it is never nice for someone to be sacked, and he comes across as a decent fellow, I think it was the right decision for the club as I feel the players body language betrayed their frustrations with the way they were being asked to play. Maybe he even asked to go when he realised he wasn't up to the task. The club official statement said it was a mutual decision so who knows what really happened behind closed doors.

I wish him well personally but am pleased the experiment (and humiliations he caused to all Spurs fans) has been brought to an end.

You can't ask anything more than 100% commitment and trying your best, and AVB did that from first moment to last at Spurs. You won't find even his harshest critic saying otherwise.

Who would touch him after 2 sackings in two years?

I wonder if he'll just quietly disappear now really. He has nothing to prove.[/QUOTE]

Agree with the other guy who said that he has absolutely everything to prove. He's failed in his last two jobs!

Nice guy, tried hard to succeed and he was the manager I wanted at Spurs. However ultimately he wasn't up to the task and has no-one else to blame apart from himself. Cant see any other English team touching him now either two failures

I'd imagine he's had his fill of England.

Sorry to see him go personally, I wish him the best of luck. Seems a decent man and as a coach won us a lot of games, and although I take the argument that our style was lacking, we'll never know now whether he'd have got there eventually now. Round and round and round, as someone said earlier. A shame.

His coaching skills certainly did not!

This was the man I most wanted to see succeed. Humble, intelligent, always wiling to take the blame for defeats and praise others for victories. A gentleman from first to last, who wanted to put Spurs back on the road to titles and trophies.

bale-avb.jpg

In the end, that probably ended up being his finest moment. From there, it was all downhill, as his best player left, and the rest of the players proved unable to replace him.

Did he make mistakes? Definitely. He was too stubborn to change when circumstances were changing, and he was too quick to splurge on seven signings that he then failed to integrate into the team.

But, overall.....it is a f*cking shame it has come to this. One of my saddest days as a Spurs supporter.

And one of the saddest things about all this? In the end, I can't say Levy didn't make a decent decision, because he did. The listlessness and apathy that showed throughout that Liverpool game were terrifying to see, and boded ill for the future.

But still, in the end, the death of another dream, the end of another prodigy, the return to another drawing board....is nothing to be happy about.

Loved the guy as a manager. Know of someone who works at the club and they said he is a top guy. Style of play may have been dull at times but I honestly think he was a great learner and would eventually have got there. He's been hard done by in England and I think his stats are still superb so I'm sure he will get a decent job on the continent. Good luck AVB, thanks for the good memories - there are still many more of those than bad!

Thanks to the OP for the first post and this thread :)

This was the man I most wanted to see succeed. Humble, intelligent, always wiling to take the blame for defeats and praise others for victories. A gentleman from first to last, who wanted to put Spurs back on the road to titles and trophies.

bale-avb.jpg

In the end, that probably ended up being his finest moment. From there, it was all downhill, as his best player left, and the rest of the players proved unable to replace him.

Did he make mistakes? Definitely. He was too stubborn to change when circumstances were changing, and he was too quick to splurge on seven signings that he then failed to integrate into the team.

But, overall.....it is a f*cking shame it has come to this. One of my saddest days as a Spurs supporter.

And one of the saddest things about all this? In the end, I can't say Levy didn't make a decent decision, because he did. The listlessness and apathy that showed throughout that Liverpool game were terrifying to see, and boded ill for the future.

But still, in the end, the death of another dream, the end of another prodigy, the return to another drawing board....is nothing to be happy about.

^ This ..

- A young, well educated, well spoken coach who conducted himself in a way that suited the club
- Promise of tomorrow, system, legacy ...

Broken against the realities of football business again ...

Business is the word. The game hasn't got time for "projects" anymore unless they are privately funded. Feel sorry for the bloke because the media sharks that have wanted his blood from the day he took over from Harry have won, including Jamie Redknapp who says he only got what he got last year with Harrys squad (no bias there then). All in all I'd say good luck to him and I hope it does all work out for him somewhere because despite the bad football we played he was still a likeable guy who cared just as much about what was going on out there as we did.

In the Liverpool 'ratings' thread I said it was time for AVB to go, as the players and the head coach looked totally demoralised. I take zero pleasure from my prediction coming true as I agree with most of what has been said here, he did seem to be a genuinely nice guy. Outside of the CL 'play-off' game at the Etihad a few years ago, he gave me one of the best away days ever last season, by us winning at OT. I too, wish him well for the future.

Back