• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

Tsonga would really have to do it the hard way with this years draw.

If there's gonna be a shock name it might be someone in the Djokovic half of the draw. I'm hoping there's another Lukas Rosal style shock in the first couple of rounds.

I had Nadal to have under 18.5 games (expecting him to win 3-0 etc)... when he went a set down I thoguth fudge, well that bets lost..

tuned in at the end and saw he lost 3-0 so it came in anyway, talk about scraping the barrel :lol:

I had a quick look at the odds when he was 2 sets down and Betvictor still had him had at 1/2 to win the match even though his knee was clearly fudged. I bet there were a fair few people who took Darci at 6/4 at that point....

A possibly interesting comparison. Azarenka goes down injured as if shot but gets up after extensive treatment to win her match. Nadal is obviously suffering but doesn't milk it or blame it for his defeat.

He must have put his knee through so much brick to win the French, who's side of the draw was he on?

On the same side as Federer (QF) and Murray (SF). Wimbledon was criticised for seeding Nadal 5th. His loss should easy the criticism, as even if struggling with injury, it has echoes of last year.

Last edited:
Kirilenko just got absolutely destroyed. Would expect Robson to be somewhere between 10-20 in the world by the end of the year.

I've been to Wimbledon 4 times, but I had tickets for centre court on each occasion. I'm thinking of going tomorrow in the hope of getting a ground pass (the outside courts). I've never queued there before, If I was to get there at say 8am, would I stand a good chance of getting in?

Got a pair of tickets for court 1 tomorrow. Just checked the order of play Murray on court 1 second match 

I've been to Wimbledon 4 times, but I had tickets for centre court on each occasion. I'm thinking of going tomorrow in the hope of getting a ground pass (the outside courts). I've never queued there before, If I was to get there at say 8am, would I stand a good chance of getting in?

You should be ok for the outside courts I imagine? I've been a couple of times to Wimbledon, don't know if they still have the same system but we turned up around 4pm-ish and paid £20 for Centre Court tickets that had been returned by punters leaving for the day. Can't remember if they do this every day or I only on one specific day though.

Got to see Federer, Djokovic and other big names in this time, worth it if its a good day weather-wise and play goes on late. The last time I went I was sat front row near the players entrance. Great view.

You should be ok for the outside courts I imagine? I've been a couple of times to Wimbledon, don't know if they still have the same system but we turned up around 4pm-ish and paid £20 for Centre Court tickets that had been returned by punters leaving for the day. Can't remember if they do this every day or I only on one specific day though.

Got to see Federer, Djokovic and other big names in this time, worth it if its a good day weather-wise and play goes on late. The last time I went I was sat front row near the players entrance. Great view.

Those returned tickets are great value aren't they. I've been to Wimbledon 3 times and have got to watch the likes of Federer, Edberg and Krajicek on Centre Court thanks to that system which made the queueing worthwhile, although the calibre of the women in the grounds is pretty darned nice to be surrounded by anyway!

the fudges going on today? Isner retired, Darcis looking like he's going to retire too, Stepanek receiving treatment.

Nadal, Tsonga, Cilic, Wawrinka, Tipsarević, Kohlschreiber and John Isner all out by the second round for the Men.

Azarenka, Sharapova, Errani, Wozniacki, Kirilenko, Ivanovic and Petrova all out by the second round for the Women!

Some real shocks/injuries

federers a dingdong anyway.

but yeah, what an amazing start to wimbledon..

Might aswell put a brick load of Djokovic each way because if Murray wins you get your money back you'd think those two would make the final.

Robson just doesn't seem to quite have that winning mentality yet.

Served for the first set, choked. 5-2 up in the tiebreak, choked.

Too many unforced errors on her forehand, pretty easy shots that she's just placed a foot long. That said she's still only 19, barring a serious injury she'll probably get up into that top ten, she's been progressing at a decent rate.

Robson just doesn't seem to quite have that winning mentality yet.

Served for the first set, choked. 5-2 up in the tiebreak, choked.

Too many unforced errors on her forehand, pretty easy shots that she's just placed a foot long. That said she's still only 19, barring a serious injury she'll probably get up into that top ten, she's been progressing at a decent rate.

Just a little young atm to really see those situations over the line. I think she is comfortably no.1 ahead of Watson, she just has more to her game especially service wise. She just needs to keep her rhythm when serving and reduce the number if unforced errors and then she will definitely feature in the latter stages of the slams.

On a sidenote, backed Lisicki who is one of my favourite female players, at 21/1 after she beat Stosur in Round 3. She was 31/1 prior to that victory, just wish I had backed her at that price. Also stuck £5 e/w on Marion Bartoli who only has Kvitova in her half of the draw at 42/1 which will hopefully pay off.

Back