• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ten reason why we won't make 4th place

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Ten reasons why we won't make 4th place/finish above Arsenal

Ten reasons why we've blown 4th/finishing above Arsenal yet again

1. Being heavily reliant on one striker who is carrying an injury that potentially could keep him out for large chunks of the remainder of he season, another who has been hopelessly off-form (and is perhaps missing the link-up play with some others from last season) and another that cannot play as a lone forward (and is best coming from deep or the wing)

2. Our finishing is not the most ruthless; a fresh striker injection can give tyhe club a lift and perhaps also get existing strikers to up their game and perhaps new skills can rub off from the incoming striker

3. A big assumption is being made that Holtby canb help us craete more clear-cut chances; based on what exactly? Has he a large number of assists traditionally and is it fair to expect such a young player to have such a big impact at this crucial time (even he is talking about his best being seen NEXT season)

4. Arsenal always have a method that creates more clear-cut goal scoring chances and relatively more regularly. A consistent and reliable goalscorer could have allowed us to compete with this over the coming months; goals often mean wins even with their suspect defence. They have the ability to score buckets in certain games whilst we still don't

5. Most of the teams we play now will definately park the bus; do you feel more confident that we can overcome this compared to the last half of the least two seasons? I don't think so...

6. Mentally Arsenal will be bouyed by the fact we haven't capitalised on our position right now; They always feel they can catch and overtake us (see last season); They'll feel that even more, especially with their strikers staring to hit form AND score regularly. That will give them their mental strength to think they can beat us again (and confidence is sometimes the main thing that keeps them going)

7. Andre Santos doesn't need to play much now :(

8. We will be playing most of our top 3/4 challengers at home. Playing with a limited strike-force (or one uo top) is more condusive to playing away from home. At home when we will have to attack confidently and not get sucker-punched. This sucker-punch will be more likely now imo at home against the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Emirates Marketing Project etc. Even Saudi Sportswashing Machine...

9. Our defence is looking more vulnerble without Sandro in front of them; not getting another big strong CM (like Diame) would have been mitigated imo with another striker to relieve the pressure in terms of teams worring about our goal threat and being wary of over-pressurising us (which we seem more vulnerable to now, especially as our attack is not holding the ball up as we need them to, even with Ade who is our best person to do this)

10. We are starting to look a bit weary; again a new striker could have added some energy/rejuvination to the squad both physically and mentally.

A big missed opportunity AGAIN;feels like January 2011 all over again just without the CL games in Feb to look forward to. Maybe Levy has been the reason we haven't bought a good/consistent striker since GHod knows when...

Please tell me politely how i'm wrong (GHod i'd hope to be....)

Last edited:
I think Arsenal will pip us unfortunately. Actually, I think they'll do more than pip us. You just know they're gonna go on a good run.

But I'll keep the faith till the end, cos that's what fans do.

why we will finish top 4 :

after half the season gone we are 4th, clear of 5th bya solitary point and 4 points behind 3rd - the January transfer window has seen us STRENGTEN more than our direct rivals for 4th

Last edited:
i'll offer 3 reasons why we will make top 4

1. Rafa Benitez
2. Brendan Rogers
3. Reasons 1 & 2

Sorry but can you elaborate please? Rafa, I understand. Brendan rodgers? What has he or Liverpool got to do with Arsenal or Everton's challenge for 4th?

woops :lol:

in fairness have you seen the teams Everton have to play away? they'll slip away sure enough.

us or Arsenal for 4th imv

why we will finish top 4 :

after half the season gone we are 4th, clear of 5th by several points and 4 points behind 3rd - the January transfer window has seen us STRENGTEN more than our direct rivals for 4th

Chelski? A bit of a shambles at present but they have bought a consistent/reliable goalscorer.
Arsenal? They have perhaps a big weakness in defence, but now they don't have to play Santos and their strikers are coming into form
Us? You are forgetting that we are looking much weaker without Sandro and I think we are being far too quiock to hail Holtby as a reason why we will finish 4th...he will likely need time to settle; time we sadly may not have in this run-in...

Sorry but can you elaborate please? Rafa, I understand. Brendan rodgers? What has he or Liverpool got to do with Arsenal or Everton's challenge for 4th?

well, as has been said Everton have a horrible run coming up so I expect them to drop away, arsenal may pip us as thats the way the universe seems to be, that leaves chelsea and liverpool as the only viable threats to 4th place, one have a good manager whom the fans and old guard in the dressing room have undermined, and the other have a blackpool cabaret act in charge

Chelski? A bit of a shambles at present but they have bought a consistent/reliable goalscorer.
Arsenal? They have perhaps a big weakness in defence, but now they don't have to play Santos and their strikers are coming into form
Us? You are forgetting that we are looking much weaker without Sandro and I think we are being far too quiock to hail Holtby as a reason why we will finish 4th...he will likely need time to settle; time we sadly may not have in this run-in...

Yes, but with Rafa there Ba only gets 5-10 minutes at the end of matches.. :lol:

Plus they seem to have forgotten how to defend leads.

better jack it in now then mate, save yourself the heartache :(

Chelsea aren't really our rivals for 4th - they could get dragged in to it sure but atm we're in a 3 way fight for 4th with Arsenal and Everton. Everton won't last the pace so, imv, it's it'll become a straight up fight between ourselves and the scum.

we're gonna be switching back to a one up top soon, i reckon - Adebayor is going to come back from the ACN with his shooting boots on and we'll be fine

Last edited:
woops :lol:

in fairness have you seen the teams Everton have to play away? they'll slip away sure enough.

us or Arsenal for 4th imv

Yes and in a direct fight with them I wouldn't back us; i'd be more confident if it was a 3/4 way chase like iktb was in 2010. We brick ourselves when we go directly up against a big 4 club for one spot (especially if thatb team is L'Arse)

ironically if they (chelsea and liverpool) just swapped managers everyone would be happy as they both seem to be revered at their previous employer

Yes, but with Rafa there Ba only gets 5-10 minutes at the end of matches.. :lol:

Plus they seem to have forgotten how to defend leads.

I'd love it if Rafa bring a third consecutive club down to 6/7th place.

But they are a shambles and STILL 4 points clear of us; they'll eventually click and I don't think we have to squad to take advantage now when tehy are weak

14 reasons why we will finish fourth:

Feb 3 13:30 GMT West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur The Hawthorns Premier League
Feb 9 12:45 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine White Hart Lane Premier League
Feb 25 20:00 GMT West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur Upton Park Premier League
Mar 3 16:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal White Hart Lane Premier League
Mar 10 16:00 GMT Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur Anfield Premier League
Mar 16 15:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham White Hart Lane Premier League
Mar 30 15:00 GMT Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur Liberty Stadium Premier League
Apr 6 14:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton White Hart Lane Premier League
Apr 13 14:00 GMT Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur Stamford Bridge Premier League
Apr 20 14:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project White Hart Lane Premier League
Apr 27 14:00 GMT Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur DW Stadium Premier League
May 4 14:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton White Hart Lane Premier League
May 12 14:00 GMT Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur Britannia Stadium Premier League
May 19 15:00 GMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland White Hart Lane Premier League

Back