• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Buster Douglas comes to mind. Won his fight against Tyson, got a huge payday to defend his title (and lost), and that was pretty much the end of his career. Ballooned to 300-400 lbs after that, he did get back into shape after almost dying. Hopefully Tanguy never reaches that point.

Unless he has a condition where he puts on weight easily then it’s pretty much self-inflicted. Especially when you are a professional footballer then I don’t see how you can be overweight given how much they train, the wealth of information they have from health experts, dieticians, nutritionists, doctors. I imagine their diets are laid out for them almost on a plate.
And yet, he looks to be struggling with it. So maybe there's more to it?

And yet, he looks to be struggling with it. So maybe there's more to it?

We don’t know either way. But given we do know that he doesn’t try very hard and doesn’t have a great reputation for being a top professional it’s not a massive leap to assume his weight issues might be at least partly his own doing. But we live in a world now where it’s everyone’s fault but the person who overeats if people are obese. There’s no personal responsibility, it’s the government for not pushing healthy eating or advertising for flogging junk food. All those things are contributing factors but people also need to take personal responsibility. I’ve been overweight at various points in my life. I also know that when I eat better and exercise, the weight falls off. I think about food all the time, I’m thinking about food right now. It can’t be easy for anyone. I accept some people don’t have willpower and others have conditions which makes it hard for people to lose weight.

We don’t know either way. But given we do know that he doesn’t try very hard and doesn’t have a great reputation for being a top professional it’s not a massive leap to assume his weight issues might be at least partly his own doing. But we live in a world now where it’s everyone’s fault but the person who overeats if people are obese. There’s no personal responsibility, it’s the government for not pushing healthy eating or advertising for flogging junk food. All those things are contributing factors but people also need to take personal responsibility. I’ve been overweight at various points in my life. I also know that when I eat better and exercise, the weight falls off. I think about food all the time, I’m thinking about food right now. It can’t be easy for anyone. I accept some people don’t have willpower and others have conditions which makes it hard for people to lose weight.

I'm not sure where I've said his weight issues aren't his 'fault'. All I'm saying is you don't know what he might or might not be going through, and mocking someone over their physical appearance is a really bad look in my opinion.

For some reason, footballers are public property and anything can be said about them without a second thought. I'm sure many high-earners struggle with their weight. I'm sure there are doctors, lawyers, businessmen and women who struggle. Would you slag them off too? Would you have been comfortable if someone was slagging you off online over your weight?

Maybe Tanguy is just lazy and eats too much...who cares? Yeah, he's taking a salary from the club we love, but really who is he hurting other than himself?

I'm not sure where I've said his weight issues aren't his 'fault'. All I'm saying is you don't know what he might or might not be going through, and mocking someone over their physical appearance is a really bad look in my opinion.

For some reason, footballers are public property and anything can be said about them without a second thought. I'm sure many high-earners struggle with their weight. I'm sure there are doctors, lawyers, businessmen and women who struggle. Would you slag them off too? Would you have been comfortable if someone was slagging you off online over your weight?

Maybe Tanguy is just lazy and eats too much...who cares? Yeah, he's taking a salary from the club we love, but really who is he hurting other than himself?

Speaking from my own experience, I tend to overeat when I feel low. Some people eat when they are stressed, some people are the opposite way and don’t eat at all when they’re busy or stressed so I get there is a link between mood and diet. People have made fun of me when I have been overweight, I’ve never been more than 1-2 stone overweight so my weight has always been manageable. No one likes to be made fun of, me included but I was fully aware that I was in complete control of my weight and I don’t have a multi-million pound football club full of experts to micromanage my diet to the point where being overweight seems very hard to do. Society seems to have moved in the other direction now where we’re told that being overweight isn’t unhealthy and it’s just an alternative lifestyle. Cancer Research got criticism for a campaign where they tried to draw the link between obesity and cancer when it’s literally their job to educate people but I guess we would rather not hurt people’s feelings at the expense of their health. Sorry for the rambling.

The worst part is he's probably thinner and in better shape than those who are criticising him. 😅

I guess that's the toxic part of fandom. It's all our nothing, you're either amazing or brick. Die for the club or a disloyal bastard. Workrate of a fat clam.

The worst part is he's probably thinner and in better shape than those who are criticising him. 😅

I guess that's the toxic part of fandom. It's all our nothing, you're either amazing or brick. Die for the club or a disloyal bastard. Workrate of a fat clam.
He probably is thinner than many of those criticising him. However, for those people, being in shape probably isn’t absolutely integral to their ability to be able to do their job properly.

He was publicly criticised by the galatasaray manager on his fitness. But seems to have turned it around and made up with him.

Hopefully it continues.

He probably is thinner than many of those criticising him. However, for those people, being in shape probably isn’t absolutely integral to their ability to be able to do their job properly.

By all means, criticise him for his performances (which fitness obviously as a role in.) Leave out the brick like “fatty”, “tubby”, “kebab addicts anonymous”, “pylon” and “a large gassy object that you can see from miles away.”

If I remember rightly, there were question marks over his attitude prior to signing. I've had a look back at the first 5-6 pages of the thread and all that had been swept away by a wave of optimism, although ultimately the poor attitude has been his downfall.

It is why I believe the club, and Ange personally, is making the right move in recruiting partly based on attitude and personality.

By all means, criticise him for his performances (which fitness obviously as a role in.) Leave out the brick like “fatty”, “tubby”, “kebab addicts anonymous”, “pylon” and “a large gassy object that you can see from miles away.”

The way the Internet works is that you become the bad guy by pointing out the issues with how people discuss these things. Then you give fuel to the "you can't say anything these days" phalanx who just can't wait to feel oppressed.

It's more likely people will double down when called out, because to sone the Internet is the last bastion where seemingly you can get away with hypocritical body shaming / anonymously abusing people.

I'm not criticizing you for calling people out btw, it's just that I'm sure you've gone through it before and i agree for what it's worth, but it's a rarity for folks to take stuff on board when they feel got at...

The way the Internet works is that you become the bad guy by pointing out the issues with how people discuss these things. Then you give fuel to the "you can't say anything these days" phalanx who just can't wait to feel oppressed.

It's more likely people will double down when called out, because to sone the Internet is the last bastion where seemingly you can get away with hypocritical body shaming / anonymously abusing people.

I'm not criticizing you for calling people out btw, it's just that I'm sure you've gone through it before and i agree for what it's worth, but it's a rarity for folks to take stuff on board when they feel got at...

That's fine and I agree, it probably won't change anything. I'm just a random guy on a football forum. But there are two reasons I do it:

- that saying 'the standard you walk past is the standard you accept'
- I believe as a fan base we should self-police

This board is much better than many other places on the internet and I don't think anyone is genuinely malicious in their language, likely just throwaway comments. But they can hurt and I think it's worth calling it out. I also acknowledge that I'm not always right in my judgment and readily admit that I have abused players in the past.

If I remember rightly, there were question marks over his attitude prior to signing. I've had a look back at the first 5-6 pages of the thread and all that had been swept away by a wave of optimism, although ultimately the poor attitude has been his downfall.

It is why I believe the club, and Ange personally, is making the right move in recruiting partly based on attitude and personality.
It's very good to see that change.

At the risk of getting into old discussions about stuff that's no longer relevant I think at times in the past the club and managers have been a bit too high on our managers and their ability to sort stuff out. X manager can "fix" it type attitude so it's fine.

Hope we don't end up in a similar spot with Ange after his initial success now. Keep giving him players with real ability and a good attitude to work with. Not "if the attitude doesn't become a problem again he'll be really good" type signings.

And while it's true about attitude imo I also think it's true about ability when we've been in a good player development flow. No more players that lack the technical fundamentals required.

Back