• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I don't have anything against Ndombele, and I think that a lot of the criticism of him is thinly disguised racism, but I struggle to see where he fits into an Ange side. He doesn't have the awareness to play as a #6 and he doesn't have the stamina to play as an #8. If he stayed, he'd most likely be used from the bench to replace Maddison and I'd rather give that role to a young player who could improve. I think that we should, and will, accept any reasonable offer for him.

Really? i think you are stretching a little there mate. I have a lot of pals who think he is overated and lazy but it has nothing to do with his colour/race.

I'm in the same camp. I would love for N'dombele to become the player we thought we signed when we got him, but I think that train has left the station unfortunately, and I also think we should look to offload at the first opportunity. Having said that, if Ange can get a tune out of him, let there be light!

I don't think that you can train reading the game, so #6 is out. If he can get him to become a high intensity presser, we have a world class #8 on our hands

That’s a touch passive aggressive

Referring to people as the fun police without naming names is textbook passive aggression so it's rather rich to say that.

Call people nicknames based on physical attributes if you want, playground humour isn't outlawed by the "fun police" , it's just frowned upon.

I don't think that you can train reading the game, so #6 is out. If he can get him to become a high intensity presser, we have a world class #8 on our hands

I thought he did ok in CM (6 is a CB shirt!) in a couple of times late Poch period. Only a few halves, but I thought there was potential

He has goos reading of the game. His interception stats are actually pretty decent, and his duels win percentages are good, he just doesn't attempt many. I don't think he suits the role of sole anchor by any means though.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Ade had a brilliant loan season
Got signed
Then his form/effort tapered off
Never bought this argument, his movement and hold up play was vital in Bale scoring 26 goals that season.
The problem many people have with Ade is they seem to think he was a No9 when he was an old school support striker, remember when he started his career 442 was still in vogue and he always played in partnerships. Due to his height many seemed to think he's should be a no9, but that wasn't his play style. Ade liked to create far more then he liked actually scoring. He was a victim of not being what people thought he should be, rather than being judged on what kind of player he actually was.

The problem many people have with Ade is they seem to think he was a No9 when he was an old school support striker, remember when he started his career 442 was still in vogue and he always played in partnerships. Due to his height many seemed to think he's should be a no9, but that wasn't his play style. Ade liked to create far more then he liked actually scoring. He was a victim of not being what people thought he should be, rather than being judged on what kind of player he actually was.

I remember him playing that role so well when we battered Saudi Sportswashing Machine the day Redknapp got cleared IIRC

Referring to people as the fun police without naming names is textbook passive aggression so it's rather rich to say that.

Call people nicknames based on physical attributes if you want, playground humour isn't outlawed by the "fun police" , it's just frowned upon.

Thank you for piling to support your mate, ok here it is…

It was a joke

But thank you for pointing out that the term “fun police” is textbook passive aggression I will make sure that in future that I shut the fudge up and know my place.

Thank you for piling to support your mate, ok here it is…

It was a joke

But thank you for pointing out that the term “fun police” is textbook passive aggression I will make sure that in future that I shut the fudge up and know my place.

Tommy is one of many I've had massive fallings out with here, not sure he'd describe me as a mate but I am trying to be less fiesty on here so one day perhaps :)

I wasn't clear enough, the term isn't passive aggressive itself but the manner in which you used it perhaps was and then to suggest someone else was being passive aggressive by asking for clarification is probably more on a gaslighting line (in my opinion and I am only a part time member of the fun police so not an expert!).

Hope that helps, no need to stfu and the place you and I are is a football forum where people chat nonsense to pass the time, especially as there's no football on...

Back