• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I look forward to him performing for Spurs. It is always good to have a player like him. Now only if fans could let a more mature Ndombele play and forget the past.

Agreed.

If there is a manager besides Poch who could get a tune out of him, it is Ange. And if Ange decided he can get a tune out of him, all the experts in the stands and on their sofas need to pipe down.

Me? I stand by my assertion that he could be an excellent line breaker, whether off the bench or not, and would also be worth a few goals.

Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. That applies to expecting Fatso to make it in the PL

Really cannot understand why this fatso thing gets a run. He might be a little heavier than the average footballer but he ain't fat. Just some extremely stupid trope that's caught hold.

Hope he comes back and proves everyone wrong.

Really cannot understand why this fatso thing gets a run. He might be a little heavier than the average footballer but he ain't fat. Just some extremely stupid trope that's caught hold.

Fatso would be harsh. But in france the reports were that he had the ability just not the commitment to training. It's why he dropped down leagues as a youngster. He got back up to lyon and did well. Then signed for us and poch commented that he wasn't fit. Then going back to lyon and napoli there were comments from managers he didn't work hard enough.

Fatso would be harsh. But in france the reports were that he had the ability just not the commitment to training. It's why he dropped down leagues as a youngster. He got back up to lyon and did well. Then signed for us and poch commented that he wasn't fit. Then going back to lyon and napoli there were comments from managers he didn't work hard enough.

And? I don't see how "fatso", security guard comparisons and posts wanting him farmed out to rugby teams really reflect the reality of the situation. A very talented player who's not made the most of his talent so far - hardly the first player to be accused of that.

On the back of the booing of Royal and Sanchez last season, it just feels like he's next in the firing line should he make Ange's team.

No doubt everyone who piles in with the fatso / N'tubby thing are in tremendous shape themselves and would be at hand to offer tips as to how they arrived at their lean, chiseled physique. I'm with you, it is a bit tiresome.

We've seen that he's not remotely fit enough for the PL. Even worse than that, he's not willing to put in the effort to get fit enough

He looks 1-2 stone overweight and even then, he doesnt even bust a gut and run til he drops.

Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. That applies to expecting Fatso to make it in the PL

Except Einstein didn't say that. Some American feminist author did.

Reactions: DTA
I don't have anything against Ndombele, and I think that a lot of the criticism of him is thinly disguised racism, but I struggle to see where he fits into an Ange side. He doesn't have the awareness to play as a #6 and he doesn't have the stamina to play as an #8. If he stayed, he'd most likely be used from the bench to replace Maddison and I'd rather give that role to a young player who could improve. I think that we should, and will, accept any reasonable offer for him.

I don't have anything against Ndombele, and I think that a lot of the criticism of him is thinly disguised racism, but I struggle to see where he fits into an Ange side. He doesn't have the awareness to play as a #6 and he doesn't have the stamina to play as an #8. If he stayed, he'd most likely be used from the bench to replace Maddison and I'd rather give that role to a young player who could improve. I think that we should, and will, accept any reasonable offer for him.

I'm in the same camp. I would love for N'dombele to become the player we thought we signed when we got him, but I think that train has left the station unfortunately, and I also think we should look to offload at the first opportunity. Having said that, if Ange can get a tune out of him, let there be light!

Everyone would like to see him fulfil his potential, but imo everything points to flogging a dead horse. As for Rice's comments, his strength and skill are never in doubt, but ask Rice if he would want him as a team mate? And regarding Ange's comments about everyone believing in a cause to be successful, if the squad is 100% in, but looks round at Ndombele doing Ndombele, then he's a weak link in that belief.

Thinly disguised racism… really???
The lazy thing with him has stuck because he couldn’t even be asked to run off the pitch when needed
Nothing to with colour… everything to do with attitude
We have seen black players come on and show a hell of a great attitude with much less talent (Sissoko would be a good example). He could learn of him or even Emerson. Neither is as good as Tanguy technically but their attitude and work is much much better.

Last edited:

I'd maybe let Ndombele do that for a year while we loan Scott back to Bristol City (as a sweetener to get that deal done). Devine is the other one who could do that role, but he needs a Championship loan next season too.

Agree about the racist element.

Thinly disguised racism… really???
The lazy thing with him has stuck because he couldn’t even be asked to run off the pitch when needed
Nothing to with colour… everything to do with attitude
We have seen black players come on and who a hell of a great attitude with much less talent (Sissoko would be a good example). He could learn of him or even Emerson. Neither is as good as Tanguy technically but their attitude and work is much much better.

It's the black midfielders are always 'powerful' while white ones are 'technical/creative' thing that permeates commentary. It's mostly unconscious, but it's there.

I know the latter was a better player, but Ade always used to get the 'lazy' tag, while Berbatov was simply 'nonchalant'.

It's the black midfielders are always 'powerful' while white ones are 'technical/creative' thing that permeates commentary. It's mostly unconscious, but it's there.

I know the latter was a better player, but Ade always used to get the 'lazy' tag, while Berbatov was simply 'nonchalant'.

Both ade and berbatov on their days were unplayable and both had immense levels of skill. But they were very different players too

I think it’s a weird comment tbh

Only yesterday I was commenting on a post that was lamenting out lack of quality in England at youth level, despite the teams having cleaned up at all youth levels now with great technical football

Obviously I can’t talk for anyone else and their views

Being lazy with end product makes you nonchalant. Being nonchalant with no end product just makes you look lazy.

That's cherry picking though. Winks on here took as much of a blame for all things bad as any player I've seen, watch the Crouch documentary and listen about the abuse he garnered.

I think Sterling was attacked because of his colour in thinly veiled digs in the press but Ndombele is lazy and unfit, his record of not being able to complete 90 mins is staggering and his lack of football anywhere points to alot more than racism.

As for your last point, I think that's ability and application remained, Berbatov was given more freedom because he is up there as one of most supremely talented players this clubs seen, Ade played for Arsenal and he was also lazy, his attitude was always in question wherever he went, and as much as I enjoyed his mocking of Arsenal fans, that was him wrapped up with a bow

That's cherry picking though. Winks on here took as much of a blame for all things bad as any player I've seen, watch the Crouch documentary and listen about the abuse he garnered.

I think Sterling was attacked because of his colour in thinly veiled digs in the press but Ndombele is lazy and unfit, his record of not being able to complete 90 mins is staggering and his lack of football anywhere points to alot more than racism.

As for your last point, I think that's ability and application remained, Berbatov was given more freedom because he is up there as one of most supremely talented players this clubs seen, Ade played for Arsenal and he was also lazy, his attitude was always in question wherever he went, and as much as I enjoyed his mocking of Arsenal fans, that was him wrapped up with a bow
Sterling’s abuse from the press was 100% about race
The gun tattoo thing was a classic press misstep

Back