• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

We looked much better with that setup. Had 17 shots. But you’d change it?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yeah
I’d play a number 10 in that role
I’d play Lo Celso there
I wouldn’t play Tanguy out of position hoping he can release the ball quicker
Twice today Tanguy did step overs when he had clear ground to run into
That was typical of a player who has to get the ball deeper where he can in theory take a man out with his skill

What sort of argument is that? We were also more solid defensively but cannot attribute that to Son.

Just because he was in a team that was more creative does not mean he was responsible for it. Lloris was also on the pitch today but i would not think you will attribute our improvement up front to him. Is it possible you did not see the change in the team when Lo Celso came on?

From about 15min until 40 or so minutes villa were hanging on. They just about managed to keep us from scoring 2-3. Ndombele was crucial to that.

From about 15min until 40 or so minutes villa were hanging on. They just about managed to keep us from scoring 2-3. Ndombele was crucial to that.

He really wasn’t
He was on the pitch but did nothing really
Hojdjberg was everywhere and driving and skipp was doing the defensive duty
Nothing came from Tanguy until that dribble in the box just before he was subbed

Watch it again and he was stretching villa, trying to set Kane and Son free and opening up space.

We’ll agree to disagree. But ultimately we were creative with that side. Everyone contributed imo. It was a good team performance. Ndombele needs to do more second half but what’s new there

We won! Anyone would think we were roasted. Glad the professionals at Spurs are picking him; and personally I saw more than enough to think he can he successful in that role.

If you want to cling on to those delusions, then who am I to stop you....

One thing is crystal clear; we will continue to struggle as long as he continues to be picked. We improved half of our midfield problems by leaving Dele on the bench and will only complete the job when Tubby joins him.

Watch it again and he was stretching villa, trying to set Kane and Son free and opening up space.

We’ll agree to disagree. But ultimately we were creative with that side. Everyone contributed imo. It was a good team performance. Ndombele needs to do more second half but what’s new there

How was he stretching them?
It wasn’t through passing
He lost possession more than any player for us factually

If you want to cling on to those delusions, then who am I to stop you....

One thing is crystal clear; we will continue to struggle as long as he continues to be picked. We improved half of our midfield problems by leaving Dele and will only complete the job when Tubby joins him.

Celebrate our win! Enjoy life [emoji23][emoji85] so much negativity from a good performance against a decent team.

Celebrate our win! Enjoy life [emoji23][emoji85] so much negativity from a good performance against a decent team.

No negativity.... just realism, mate. Unlike you, I am under no illusions that this win is anything more than a piece of plaster that stopped the wound from continuing to fester. If we want to be consistent then we cannot afford to play with a luxury passenger who neither contributes creatively, offensively or defensively. We need all 11 players on the pitch playing at the required level. Unfortunately, based on his performances this season (and he has had more than enough now) that simply cannot be said for Ndombele....

Not a good game from him really. Wasteful in possession and too many poor touches.

Did his job defensively, got into the right areas in attack. Even lasted 75 minutes in a game that was fairly high intensity. I have very little concern about his quality on the ball shining through as long as those other factors are visible. Optimistic about him going forward despite the performance today being far from his best.

No negativity.... just realism, mate. Unlike you, I am under no illusions that this win is anything more than a piece of plaster that stopped the wound from continuing to fester. If we want to be consistent then we cannot afford to play with a luxury passenger who neither contributes creatively, offensively or defensively. We need all 11 players on the pitch playing at the required level. Unfortunately, based on his performances this season (and he has had more than enough now) that simply cannot be said for Ndombele....

No or negativity you say [emoji23] have you read your own post?

Ndombele was tasked with getting the ball forward quickly. As with Kanes shooting today it didn’t come off. But it helped open them up as we moved the ball quickly and attacked their back line.

No or negativity you say [emoji23] have you read your own post?

Ndombele was tasked with getting the ball forward quickly. As with Kanes shooting today it didn’t come off. But it helped open them up as we moved the ball quickly and attacked their back line.

if that was his task he failed miserably
He didn’t pass quickly at all

Right, mate.... played in his "right" position; another crap game....

So what excuse will you come up with now?
I don't think he was crap. Not his best game, far from it, and I would expect better, but he wasn't crap. Did some very good things, got into some good positions, and showed for the ball. Didn't quite happen for him today, but so was the case for several other players. Don't see them getting the ridiculous amount of hate that some of you in here gash out every time Ndombele misses a pass. It's getting tiring. He gets far more stick than anyone else, and certainly a hell of a lot more than he deserves.

Depends if we include losing possession more than anyone and only making 25 passes …
With a very low pass success rate of 68% is good (3rd worse ahead of Kane and Lloris)
I thought he was poor
Statistically he was poor
If it looks like a duck
Quite a few of those missed passes were high risk, high reward, millimeters away from playing Kane or Son through on goal.
Guess you'd rather he plays sideways and backwards to get better pass completion stats...

Quite a few of those missed passes were high risk, high reward, millimeters away from playing Kane or Son through on goal.
Guess you'd rather he plays sideways and backwards to get better pass completion stats...
He passes loads backward and sideways
I don’t remember a forward pass making his man TBH

Actually what is tiring is your litany of excuses and refusal to call a spade (literally) by its name. But to each his own, I guess...

Eh? Why is it /he “literally” a “spade”?

I think NDombele is a huge enigma. There are enough flashes of great play to make us excited about what he can do, and sometimes that means he fails the high expectations whereas another player might be given more leeway, but equally I understand that he might never have the drive and application necessary to make it in this league. I thought he was Ok at best today, some nice turns and touches, it many more under-par touches and passes. He should have been subbed off earlier but I assume Nuno is still assessing him. Plus as mentioned elsethread, if Lo Celso was carrying a bit of a knock, maybe Nuno didn’t want to sub him on unless really necessary.

I was watching NDombele keenly as thought things would go through him and he really didn’t have much of a positive impact at all. I don’t see how anyone can argue otherwise, he wasn’t awful but considering his ability he again flattered to deceive. We all want him to succeed because of the obvious unique quality he has on the ball, but you have to wonder how many managers and formations we have to go through before we get a real consistent tune out of this guy - or cut our losses…..

Back