• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I was watching NDombele keenly as thought things would go through him and he really didn’t have much of a positive impact at all. I don’t see how anyone can argue otherwise, he wasn’t awful but considering his ability he again flattered to deceive. We all want him to succeed because of the obvious unique quality he has on the ball, but you have to wonder how many managers and formations we have to go through before we get a real consistent tune out of this guy - or cut our losses…..
The guy can succeed
He won’t by changing his position this late in his development
He needed work as a CM
He would need more work as 10
The modern 10 plays quick incisive passes

He passes loads backward and sideways
I don’t remember a forward pass making his man TBH
I mentioned this in the match thread. There were at least 2 occasions we broke villa's attack and Ndombele received the ball, and started driving forwards, and he had ZERO options to pass forward, so he had to stop and play it backwards. Hardly his fault that Kane was still planted in the middle circle.

I mentioned this in the match thread. There were at least 2 occasions we broke villa's attack and Ndombele received the ball, and started driving forwards, and he had ZERO options to pass forward, so he had to stop and play it backwards. Hardly his fault that Kane was still planted in the middle circle.
You keep on defending him
I thought he was our weakest player
The lads near me at the ground thought the same
The lads I went up ten ahem with did
Even a random guy at the station made a comment about him stealing a living here
You cite Kane as an example of not movin… when Lo Celso was in Kane actually back heeled the ball to him. He couldn’t do that to Tanguy as he wouldn’t be there
That’s the difference
Tanguy is a CM, not a 10

You keep on defending him
I thought he was our weakest player
The lads near me at the ground thought the same
The lads I went up ten ahem with did
Even a random guy at the station made a comment about him stealing a living here
You cite Kane as an example of not movin… when Lo Celso was in Kane actually back heeled the ball to him. He couldn’t do that to Tanguy as he wouldn’t be there
That’s the difference
Tanguy is a CM, not a 10
You are free to have your opinion, but I couldn't care less what you and your lads think.

You are free to have your opinion, but I couldn't care less what you and your lads think.
That’s fine
Works both ways
And it wasn’t just “my lads” it was a lot of people at the ground
Maybe you have a different view watching on tv
I’ll watch the highlights tonight and see

View attachment 12845
Most failed touches

View attachment 12844

10th in the actual touch list… so he didn’t actually touch the ball much

View attachment 12843

He was not good today. And those stats posted says it all. Misplaced passes time and again, it was like he was wearing wooden boots. If you'd offer med 40 mill for this guy today I'd snap your hands off. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm extremely pessimistic about ever getting a consistent performer out of this guy. For whatever reason, he's just not up for it.

He was not good today. And those stats posted says it all. Misplaced passes time and again, it was like he was wearing wooden boots. If you'd offer med 40 mill for this guy today I'd snap your hands off. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm extremely pessimistic about ever getting a consistent performer out of this guy. For whatever reason, he's just not up for it.
His passing was awful
That’s something he is really good at
But his ball retention was poor too
The wooden boots are a fair call
But I’ll say it again… he ain’t a 10
Playing in CM suits his style of play better
Issue is we currently don’t have space for him there

I thought Ndombele was a bit underwhelming today, he did lots of good and lots of bad.

Danny Ings and Ollie Watkins also did very little; I know Watkins scored but other than that he hardly figured at all. Doesn't make them bad forwards.

Does anyone have the distance covered stats per 90 to see how much work they all put in?

Playing CM
And learning to do the hard stuff
And I noticed some good things there. He worked harder. Better defensive contributions, he actually sprinted a few times in defensive situations and also tracked runners. He also made himself available and made a better effort to get and stay involved.

The execution wasn’t there today and that happens sometimes with everyone, nothing really came off but at least he didn’t retreat into a shell and disappear.

The intent was there and if he can keep the intent and also execute (which we know he can do) then he’ll be a very useful player for us. But today execution wise it was a bad day at the office.

And I noticed some good things there. He worked harder. Better defensive contributions, he actually sprinted a few times in defensive situations and also tracked runners. He also made himself available and made a better effort to get and stay involved.

The execution wasn’t there today and that happens sometimes with everyone, nothing really came off but at least he didn’t retreat into a shell and disappear.

The intent was there and if he can keep the intent and also execute (which we know he can do) then he’ll be a very useful player for us. But today execution wise it was a bad day at the office.
Yep

Back