• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

It was confirmed by ally gold that it’s not an obligation
They wont buy him
He has flopped there compared to inferior players
Shows how hard work can override talent
The only thing I've seen from Napoli on Tangy, is that they want him, but not at the price in the loan deal. He'll be a Napoli player, but for 15-20m, not 27m.

Interesting. Wonder how much he'd want?

He'd be able to pocket a signing on fee at a new club given they wont be paying a transfer fee, plus wages at a lower level than he's on currently.

So terminate a c.£20m contract at Spurs...maybe we bung him £5m-£10m?

He then signs a £60k - £80k deal somewhere (so £6m - £8m over 2 years) plus pockets a signing fee which, along with the cash from us, takes him over £20m?

He'd be able to pocket a signing on fee at a new club given they wont be paying a transfer fee, plus wages at a lower level than he's on currently.

He then signs a £60k - £80k deal somewhere (so £6m - £8m over 2 years) plus pockets a signing fee which, along with the cash from us, takes him over £20m?

Problem might be that only someone like a Turkish club would want him.. I think he'd have to know for sure that someone wants him first (even on a free) before accepting any pay off

It's great being a failure.....

People queuing up to pay you.:rolleyes:

Surely we can get out of this at net zero cost (from this point)

Find it difficult to see how. He's not going to sacrifice £€£€£ and, even if we can find a club which will take a punt on him and where he might also accept moving to, that other club will know we have zero negotiating leverage. That team should logically offer to take him off our hands for free, with them paying say £80k of his wages and us subsidising the rest. Unless we get 2 or 3 clubs interested so that we do have some leverage, we'd probably take that. Ndombele also holds leverage in the negotiations in that if there are 2 or 3 clubs interested, he might refuse to go to 1 of them

With a progressive coach i'd give him another go. We've had 4 years of pure workers in midfield and frankly it doesn't work. We need guile, we need creativity, we are in desperate need of these qualities yet we already have Ndombele on the books. Sure hes not a grafter but we have enough of those players already. If the next coach is willing to give him a try, we shouldn't limit their options before he even starts the job.

With a progressive coach i'd give him another go. We've had 4 years of pure workers in midfield and frankly it doesn't work. We need guile, we need creativity, we are in desperate need of these qualities yet we already have Ndombele on the books. Sure hes not a grafter but we have enough of those players already. If the next coach is willing to give him a try, we shouldn't limit their options before he even starts the job.

I really hope we don't. He's shown that he doesnt have the work-rate, fitness or attitude to make it in the PL and if Napoli don't take up their option to buy for £30m, we can extend that to not making it in serie A. There are and have been plenty of creative players who are willing to run and I dont think its possible to carry someone nowdays

They really don't want him about, he is a drain on people
This is from March 18th.

Speaking in a press conference today, Spalletti discussed Ndombele and his work with Napoli this season.

“Ndombele is a strong player, at the beginning I didn’t know him much, there was the doubt of why Tottenham let him leave. For what I saw, watching the Milan-Tottenham game, for what is my knowledge, I would have seen him fit in well.

“He’s a guy I like to coach, he’s also a very sweet guy, physically strong, in modern football you have to include this physical strength which is important, he has strength, stamina, technique, quick movements in which he sees where the space is to crash, he’s someone I like as they say in Tuscany.”

I really hope we don't. He's shown that he doesnt have the work-rate, fitness or attitude to make it in the PL and if Napoli don't take up their option to buy for £30m, we can extend that to not making it in serie A. There are and have been plenty of creative players who are willing to run and I dont think its possible to carry someone nowdays
For two defensive minded coaches who prioritise work rate over technique. A different coach with a more progressive mindset and a willingness to play 3 in midfield would likely see a different outcome. He then would need to be an outright grafter which as I've said doesn't even work. We have grafters, we need guile. Sure I'm happy going for someone new, but do we have the budget to get someone? If not why not try the guy we already have on our books, especially if the new coach is willing to try him out.
Nah, no chance they want him he gives them nothing.
You're being overly negative as that is not what Napoli have said. I get it you think he's a waste of space and fair enough, but let's not make things up.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

For two defensive minded coaches who prioritise work rate over technique. A different coach with a more progressive mindset and a willingness to play 3 in midfield would likely see a different outcome. He then would need to be an outright grafter which as I've said doesn't even work. We have grafters, we need guile. Sure I'm happy going for someone new, but do we have the budget to get someone? If not why not try the guy we already have on our books, especially if the new coach is willing to try him out. You're being overly negative as that is not what Napoli have said. I get it you think he's a waste of space and fair enough, but let's not make things up.

Napoli play 4-3-3 and are attacking
He is kept out of the team by an ex Fulham player

If football allowed 13 players, we could carry him.
If we played 451 where he was #10 we could carry him.
But we don't.
Some players have work rate 9/10 and flair 5/10
Some players have work rate 5/10 and flair 9/10

We don't ideally want either, we want more.

Napoli play 4-3-3 and are attacking
He is kept out of the team by an ex Fulham player
If the new coach isn't interested then fair enough. Sell him, but I'd just give it a chance if and it's a big if the new coach is willing to try him out.

Back