• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I wasn't in a position to do due diligence on this guy. I trusted Poch that if he was going to spend £65million on this guy, he knew what he was doing. Sadly, it appears not.

Agree. We as a club should have done more due diligence. Not pochs job though.
We may well have done.
It might just be that he's not happy here. Even rich sports stars can get a bit depressed.
Who knows?
He might go somewhere else and be fantastic.
It's a shame.

We may well have done.
It might just be that he's not happy here. Even rich sports stars can get a bit depressed.
Who knows?
It's a shame.

I'd take a bet with you now that he wouldn't be a success in the PL at any time. Maybe in France, Spain or Italy. But totally unsuited to the PL.

I'd take a bet with you now that he wouldn't be a success in the PL at any time. Maybe in France, Spain or Italy. But totally unsuited to the PL.

He won't stay in the pl. Maybe he isn't suited to it. But you're looking at it after him being here for a while. With hindsight. You thought he looked like a young viera. So at the time of signing, you thought he was suitable.

You don't know for certain until you give them the chance. If there was a way of knowing, no team would sign a flop. They all do.

I wasn't in a position to do due diligence on this guy. I trusted Poch that if he was going to spend £65million on this guy, he knew what he was doing. Sadly, it appears not.

Comments from a friend of a friend earlier today who is a Lyon fan suggest Ndombele only turned up 3 times per season whilst there, so feels like we really didnt watch him enough or have rubbish scouts

Need to find a team in Italy who will take him in exchange for someone we want. He'd be ok with the pace of Serie A

Comments from a friend of a friend earlier today who is a Lyon fan suggest Ndombele only turned up 3 times per season whilst there, so feels like we really didnt watch him enough or have rubbish scouts

Need to find a team in Italy who will take him in exchange for someone we want. He'd be ok with the pace of Serie A
Us and every other team in Europe.

He was the young buy of the summer and pretty much everyone was after him.

This isn't turning up 3 times per season:

We may well have done.
Who knows?
It's a shame.

Not for one moment saying he is blameless or that poch was correct on this signing, but we haven't really been exactly stable as a club or a team since he arrived.
It might, might, have been different at another point in time, who knows.
I've always said that the manager doesn't want a player, or a player doesn't want to be here, move them on.
I think he and glc fall into at least one of those categories.

Not for one moment saying he is blameless or that poch was correct on this signing, but we haven't really been exactly stable as a club or a team since he arrived.
It might, might, have been different at another point in time, who knows.
I've always said that the manager doesn't want a player, or a player doesn't want to be here, move them on.
I think he and glc fall into at least one of those categories.
Whilst I agree with your principle
The change of managers should motivate a player as it’s a fresh start every time

and Happy New Year

Whilst I agree with your principle
The change of managers should motivate a player as it’s a fresh start every time

and Happy New Year

It really should, but the fact is we are on our fourth manager since the CL final and few of the players have covered themselves in glory.
A workforce needs stability and long term planning to succeed, we can't honestly say we have provided that recently.
Not by any means absolving Ndombele of any responsibility, he has not performed as he should, but until conte came in i could picture us continuing to make the same mistakes.
Conte is the make or break manager some thought jose would be.

And yes, Happy New Year to everyone.

And therein lies the rub, he is simply not applying himself which is why Conte does not trust him and why he would rather give Winks more minutes.

It is time we cut our losses and move him on, the sooner the better.
I'd rather we kept trying. His potential is high enough to warrant it.

If we sell him now we get a fraction of our outlay back. If we keep him and get him to his potential, £60m will seem like pocket change.

Have we sold him yet? You can all sit here and live in hope that he will become this world class footballer but it is never going to happen. Serie A suits him to the ground.

I'd rather we kept trying. His potential is high enough to warrant it.

If we sell him now we get a fraction of our outlay back. If we keep him and get him to his potential, £60m will seem like pocket change.

Problem is none of our managers since he's been here have been able to realise that potential...which tells you something

And to try to get him match fit, he needs to play...but that means carrying him for 30 PL games per season where he doesnt show up. Conte won't accept that

Back