• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Only Mourinho has to live with his decisions. Everyone else gets to second guess them with the benefit of hindsight.

The cautious counter attacking strategy could have won us the game, could have secured us a point, could lose us the game. All of those are also true of a more expansive approach.

Mourinho has to try to evaluate which changes increases or decreases the likelihood of the different outcomes. The fact that he chose one approach and a loss was the outcome tells us little to nothing about if his decision was right or wrong.
I'm very non plused with yesterday's result. No criticism of Mourinho from me really, hopefully that comes across in text. I have my preferences re player selection and tactical approach but I accept what he's doing as it is working. Just in those key moments maybe something different might have happened. I'll admit 100% I have my preconceived notions about certain things like Sissoko but I think I'm overall quite fair.

I'm very non plused with yesterday's result. No criticism of Mourinho from me really, hopefully that comes across in text. I have my preferences re player selection and tactical approach but I accept what he's doing as it is working. Just in those key moments maybe something different might have happened. I'll admit 400% I have my preconceived notions about certain things like Sissoko but I think I'm overall quite fair.

sissoko is the area of weakness we can address next as a team
I believe Jose sees that too but then who knows with him
The ability to stop attacks is one thing but the ability to stop attacks and transition them into counters is the next step
I’ve always thought we would go for Milenco Savic from lazio for that role

sissoko is the area of weakness we can address next as a team
I believe Jose sees that too but then who knows with him
The ability to stop attacks is one thing but the ability to stop attacks and transition them into counters is the next step
I’ve always thought we would go for Milenco Savic from lazio for that role
We are so close. I've mentioned before I watched a lot of Jose Madrid side and we really aren't far off that side. What they had going for them was that ability to break attacks and within a blink of the eye be in the opposition penalty box.

I think that's why I find Sissoko such a frustrating player his offensive play and use of the ball is just awful.

Last edited:
We are so close. I've mentioned before I watched a lot of Jose Madrid side and we really far off that side. What they had going for them was that ability to break attacks and within a blink of the eye be in the opposition pelanty box.

I think that's why I find Sissoko such a frustrating player his offensive play and use of the ball is just awful.
It’s shockingly bad but his other attributes are key
Getting a player with them and an ability to pass better is key
It also by default takes pressure off the defence

I'm very non plused with yesterday's result. No criticism of Mourinho from me really, hopefully that comes across in text. I have my preferences re player selection and tactical approach but I accept what he's doing as it is working. Just in those key moments maybe something different might have happened. I'll admit 400% I have my preconceived notions about certain things like Sissoko but I think I'm overall quite fair.
I think what Ndombele brings was definitely missed against Liverpool, but had he been brought on we would have missed what others bring too, so I can understand the decision.

Said this summer that Ndombele was the wildcard for the season. We could realistically improve quite a lot either way, but his quality is at a ridiculous level so if we could get the best out of him he could be the transformative player for our season.

I still think there's more to come from him, if he can get to fitness levels where he can play 80-90 minutes fairly regularly he would become even more important. But he will be extremely important for us.

It’s shockingly bad but his other attributes are key
Getting a player with them and an ability to pass better is key
It also by default takes pressure off the defence
I think this too, it shouldn’t be too difficult for us to find up an upgrade.

I think this too, it shouldn’t be too difficult for us to find up an upgrade.
An upgrade on him isolated to what he can do on the ball will be no problem. Finding and signing someone who can do what he does off the ball whilst being good enough on the ball might prove more difficult.

Though what Mourinho has said about Lo Celso and Ndombele playing together brings good reasons for optimism.

I worry that he gets put off by the physicality of the league. Really didn't see much of him after an early knock today. Talented players like him have to be able to take the knocks or teams will target them early. (I was told that Dumitrescu from the Ossie era was an example of a player that didn't fancy it after an early reducer and soon fell out of favor).

I worry that he gets put off by the physicality of the league. Really didn't see much of him after an early knock today. Talented players like him have to be able to take the knocks or teams will target them early. (I was told that Dumitrescu from the Ossie era was an example of a player that didn't fancy it after an early reducer and soon fell out of favor).
Normally he does still get stuck in
I wonder if he was injured from it
We son play on last season with a broken arm remember. Players can get injured and get through sometimes.

Normally he does still get stuck in
I wonder if he was injured from it
We son play on last season with a broken arm remember. Players can get injured and get through sometimes.
It looked like he was moving ok for the rest of the half.

I hope he only came off for tactical or planned reasons, as if both him and lo Celso are injured that's a massive blow.

It looked like he was moving ok for the rest of the half.

I hope he only came off for tactical or planned reasons, as if both him and lo Celso are injured that's a massive blow.
To me it looked like he was count but barely with the same energy or enthusiasm
It looked like last season Tanguy in comparison
He has worked hard this season and there was no comparison today IMO
He also reacted like he was genuinely hurt after the foul.

Looked to me as though Ndombele didn’t really want the ball yesterday. Seemed strange to me that Dele wasn’t one of 9 subs as he would’ve been a much more sensible replacement than Bale coming on?

Looked to me as though Ndombele didn’t really want the ball yesterday. Seemed strange to me that Dele wasn’t one of 9 subs as he would’ve been a much more sensible replacement than Bale coming on?
and that started from the first 30 seconds when he got totally nailed on the ankle by Ndidi

Ndidi was a foul machine yesterday, the ref who was totally inept let him get away with a lot before finally booking him
I agree. But I worry about my own team and that foul after 30 seconds got our creative central midfield player to hide.... We now know exactly what will happen in the next game, let’s nope Ndombele rises above that.

I agree. But I worry about my own team and that foul after 30 seconds got our creative central midfield player to hide.... We now know exactly what will happen in the next game, let’s nope Ndombele rises above that.
Hide or injured?
I mean he got took out by two players and was limping
Ndidi is a good player by the way. Along with Vardy their key player. He has grown into that role there so well

Back