• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Surprise player this season

If we are talking about fringe players, the obvious choice is Jenas to be the surprise player. AVB would appreciate him more than Redknapp, not that Redknapp didnt rate him as he used him quite a lot up until he got injured.

I am a Jenas fan so I dont mind him stayin and I think he could be good.

Bentley on the other hand grrrrr - go go now

No, you hope he will really flourish. But I'm sure in your head you know we will get nothing different from Rafa. In fact a more likely scenario is he will lose his place and have an ego clash with the boss.

well you're a ray of positivity aren't you?

I have no idea how good he can be, but the guy has talent and if given a proper chance ( which Redknapp never did) he may turn out to be a very good player.

Im supportive of him getting a go.

On the grounds that he is clearly very talented and I believe he is yet to get the chance to play in a set up compatible with him. He simply isnt a winger in a 442.

That said Im quite sure he wants to leave now, so I dont know if HE will hang around long enough to prove himself one way or the other

No, you hope he will really flourish. But I'm sure in your head you know we will get nothing different from Rafa. In fact a more likely scenario is he will lose his place and have an ego clash with the boss.

Nothing different? So he'll continue to put lots of effort in and score goals? Goodo.

If Caulker is used a lot, then I think he can do well for us next season. Think of him like Johnny Evans - may not break through for a few years, but if played correctly he could become a starter for us.

Gio, and also Gylfi will prove alot of people wrong, expect him to score at least 15 in all comps

the thing about Gio is that he's never had an extended run in the team, or at least a succession of games where he's played the last 20-30 minutes. If he gets eother of those 2 kinds of opprtunity then I think we'll see exactly what he has to offer

I can't help thinking that its different for Gio impressing a new manager now, after several years at the club, than if he was coming in as a new player. He might be a player who could thrive in AVB's system (I don't know), but there is too much negativity surrounding his stay at Spurs and this will make it too difficult to impress. I can't really express what I mean clearly ... some kind of extra pressure on him, inhibiting his play .... I just think a clean break is better for everyone.

Same with Bentley. If he is going to succeed in the future he needs to start fresh elsewhere.

It's a shame that Gio's in the Olympic squad and not able to do pre season with AVB. I think he'll be out the door before AVB even gets a look at him.

If the quote about not being interested in signing a new contract no matter what happens is true I don't expect Gio to feature much at all.

I didn't particularly think much of Gio at Galatasaray either. Seems he's at his best for Mexico, wonder why that is?

Back