• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Surprise player this season

I know we always say it about Gio and Adel before him. But I do feel that with AVB, we at least have a manager who would utilise him to the best of his ability. brick or bust really if he does get given a chance, though I have a feeling that he may be gone before they have their first training session together.

I always have this argument with my lot

Can't understand why so many people seem to think GDS is some world class player waiting to explode. Barcelona obviously didn't fancy him, he's not looked much cop as and when he has played for us and he didn't exactly light up the championship when he was on loan at Ipswich the other year. No idea how he got on in Spain last season but i'm sure i'd have heard about it if he was on doing the biz out there?

Other than a few good games for Mexico, where is everyone getting this notion that he is going to be a class act from?

For Spurs, I can see Bentley doing well in Europa and carling and eventually creeping back in to the picture perhaps.

Aquilani has a good chance of doing really well under Rodgers also.

Ive no faith in Aquilani at all. He was brick for Benitez and from what I understand hardly pulling any trees up in Italy.

Aquilani looked like a scared little boy in the premiership. Ive seen nothing to suggest that will be different this time around.

Caulker on the assumption he will be our next very good home grown central defender off the production line after King and Campbell.

Everyone is expecting Caulker to become the new King. Maybe a little to much pressure on the lad?

Everyone is expecting Caulker to become the new King. Maybe a little to much pressure on the lad?

I remember when King made his debut. I didn't know anything about him and thus didn't really expect much either. Now we follow these kids from early age it's easy to get overly enthusiastic.

And really on what basis can we afford to be overly optimistic? Not like we have a conveyer belt of top youngsters coming through.

I'm more pessimistic about his chances, he'll likely end up somewhere like Sunderland. But...I have been impressed by him so I'm pessimistic but not writing him off yet.

As for surprise player, I think Huddlestone as I think he could thrive under AVB.

I think someone previously written off will be more involved than expected. Have no idea who though.

Can't understand why so many people seem to think GDS is some world class player waiting to explode. Barcelona obviously didn't fancy him, he's not looked much cop as and when he has played for us and he didn't exactly light up the championship when he was on loan at Ipswich the other year. No idea how he got on in Spain last season but i'm sure i'd have heard about it if he was on doing the biz out there?

Other than a few good games for Mexico, where is everyone getting this notion that he is going to be a class act from?

it's not really a few games for Mexico - he has 59 caps at the age of 23 and is one of their best players, Mexico are fairly strong footballing nation - Im not really one to judge a player on International records but i think there is a decent player in there, not quite World Class but one that can do a job for us, most likely a good option off the bench.

GDS is certainly not a winger though that is where he has mostly been played. I'd like to see him get an extended run out in his preferred position and then put this argument to bed once and for all.
Misused or usless.

I have no idea how good he can be, but the guy has talent and if given a proper chance ( which Redknapp never did) he may turn out to be a very good player.

This.

Within a proper season where he doesn't have to resort to the 'roy of the rovers' role, I think Rafa will really flourish.

No, you hope he will really flourish. But I'm sure in your head you know we will get nothing different from Rafa. In fact a more likely scenario is he will lose his place and have an ego clash with the boss.

Back