• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

-----------------Lloris
Walker--Gallas--Verthongen--Ekotto
------------sandro--Dembele
Lennon------Dempsey---------Bale
-----------Adebayor------------

------------Friedel
Naughton--Dawson--Caulker--?
--------Parker--Livermore
?----------Siggurdsson--Townsend
------------Defoe----------

Left back wings and striker is extremely worrying. Season ruining. Let's hope we are extremely lucky with injuries and we can actually get the cover we need in January for the final run

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

And, although I am drunk and possibly Levy is saving us from doing a Leeds, fudge him!

I miss vdv

at least people can back off harry redknapp now and stop saying it was him that couldnt pull the trigger. if it was him then neither can AVB...and AVB has had more backing in one window than harry ever did

*ducks and runs for cover*

Harry was blamed for pretty much everything though.

at least people can back off harry redknapp now and stop saying it was him that couldnt pull the trigger. if it was him then neither can AVB...and AVB has had more backing in one window than harry ever did

*ducks and runs for cover*

How very dare you

I'm happy with our window, we've added more athleticism to the side which will help AVB implement his system. We've also got different options to come off the bench to change things.

We're Spurs, not some fcuking toy for a wealthy russian or Abu Dhabi-fella. And I'm happy about that. I want our soul to be our strenght, I want to go to the new stadium to know I've payed good money for this to be a reality. I want to go to WHL to know that our leader never put the club in jeopardy.
I am quite happy with this transfer-window. We've got a goalkeeper of highest quality who is 25. We've got the captain of Ajax who already has shows us he is good enough. We've got Dembele who IMO will be as good as Luka. Gylfi has potensiale, let him grow in the system, let him get to know his new teammates. He will score crucial goals like Rafa. And we've got Clint Dempsey - a killer in the box who maybe could reach double-figures in goals. He had 17 last year for a midtable-team.

Cheer up, lads - look at Scum and Pool - they can be unhappy. We should all look forward to an exciting new season =D>
\o/
fudging right,
We didn't quite get all of our targets, liverscum got no one, the scum lost out as well

COYS

people can be disappointed if they want, i'm not. i just agree entirely with that Mills yido (? ) said in that we have lost two of the most gifted players with the ball at his feet and we havent replaced their quality..overall or with the ball at their feet.

dont assume moutinho is exactly like modric...i never said that..moutinho can shoot but he plays in a much deeper role...and is more of a midfield general or deep lying playmaker than anything else

again i never said we need a player like moutinho to succeed, you manufactured that point and gave it to me. i dont want it LOL , you can keep it. but since you brought it up he is IDEAL to the 3 central midfield system in that he can dictate and coordinate attacks, push the tempo, slow it down..pick passes al over the place both short and long..technical on the ball, strong, tenacious...how can someone like that NOT be great in improving our chances of success? weird that you 'may' think otherwise

I'd say that, in the right tactical system, he's unnecessary. This idea that we 'need' this type of player is down to the Harry days when we were conditioned to watch a team playing on instinct and initiative, as opposed to in a coherent tactical system where individual abilities tend to be less important when compared to the overall team's abilities. I've seen enough signs from the past two games that show that we can do fine without that type of player in our squad. Would he help? Undoubtedly. Do we need him, to the extent where not getting him could spell doom and ruination for the coming season? Really don't think so.

Sorry if I put words into your mouth, mate, didn't mean it. I am positive that you'd be more jolly if we'd signed Mayuka, though, which goes to show a wee bit, doesn't it? :D

We're Spurs, not some fcuking toy for a wealthy russian or Abu Dhabi-fella. And I'm happy about that. I want our soul to be our strenght, I want to go to the new stadium to know I've payed good money for this to be a reality. I want to go to WHL to know that our leader never put the club in jeopardy.
I am quite happy with this transfer-window. We've got a goalkeeper of highest quality who is 25. We've got the captain of Ajax who already has shows us he is good enough. We've got Dembele who IMO will be as good as Luka. Gylfi has potensiale, let him grow in the system, let him get to know his new teammates. He will score crucial goals like Rafa. And we've got Clint Dempsey - a killer in the box who maybe could reach double-figures in goals. He had 17 last year for a midtable-team.

Cheer up, lads - look at Scum and Pool - they can be unhappy. We should all look forward to an exciting new season =D>

We tied up Ade as well this window.

one window I'd like us to sign a big name, someone for opposition to fear, doesn't look like it's going to be in Levy's reign, he just doesn't seem to be willing to take that next step fee/wages wise. I just keep thinking, if we went that one step further and actually got the sort of players we're constantly linked with then that could be the difference between europa league and champions league.

oh well, COYS.

I'd rather we spend our money a bit more wisely than lumping it all on one player.

Take a look at our wage figures since Levy took over and you'll see considerable yearly increases, while keeping them at a manageable level for a club with our resources. We certainly can't afford to spend big on both transfer fees and wages.

people can be disappointed if they want, i'm not. i just agree entirely with that Mills yido (? ) said in that we have lost two of the most gifted players with the ball at his feet and we havent replaced their quality..overall or with the ball at their feet.

dont assume moutinho is exactly like modric...i never said that..moutinho can shoot but he plays in a much deeper role...and is more of a midfield general or deep lying playmaker than anything else

again i never said we need a player like moutinho to succeed, you manufactured that point and gave it to me. i dont want it LOL , you can keep it. but since you brought it up he is IDEAL to the 3 central midfield system in that he can dictate and coordinate attacks, push the tempo, slow it down..pick passes al over the place both short and long..technical on the ball, strong, tenacious...how can someone like that NOT be great in improving our chances of success? weird that you 'may' think otherwise

Sums up what I was trying to say in one sentence.

Last year 1st choice lineup was pretty much

Freidel
Walker
Kaboul
King/Dawson/Gallas
Benny
Lennon
Sandro/Parker
Modric
Bale
VDV
Ade

This year it is;

Lloris
Walker
Kaboul
Verts/Gallas
Benny
Lennon
Sandro/Parker
Sigurdsson
Dembele
Bale
Ade

Baring in mind we now have much less options for cover, I honestly feel we are weaker except for in goal.

I feel this transfer window has been really good!
Verts, Sigs,Ade, Dembel. Hugo, Clint All Internationals.
Contract extensions for Caulker, Bale, Defoe All Internationals
& Naughton soon to be a international!
COYS

He won't play fast and loose with the club's financial stability, if that's what you mean.

Good thing too.

not saying to play fast and loose with the finances, just take the next step to become CL regulars. We're in touching distance and we keep wasting good money on top 5 players. I think most people would agree that we are established as roughly the 5th best team in the league. That's not going to change unless we push the boat out to try and brake into the top 4, How much is CL worth? Surely it's worth a punt on a couple of top top quality players to get in there and stay in there.

Back