• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

I don't think Moutinho is over yet

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Ability wise? How many of Sigurdsson's goals could Modric have scored? Did Modric score?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeJwnMJ6YY)

How many set-pieces did VdV score?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVFxJerUsk)

How many successful dribbles per game did either of them make, on average?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1elZ8NefQMM)

That is utter flimflam.

Cheer up everyone. Watch these clips and see what sort of players we have on our hands.

Its going to be good at the Lane. Fingers crossed!

No profit from player sales will go towards the stadium. The stadium costs will already be covered in the business plan, players transfers couldn't be included because they are not definitive.

so you pick a quality that one person cant do and then find it in another player and then say we have replaced it well enough

btw...dempsey cant dribble well....where did that come from mate ...cooome ooon

for every quality you name thats missing in those players i can name at least 4 that the other guys are missing in comparison to modric and VDV

by the way...VDV could dribble and score. modric could do everything but shoot consistently well...however he and dempsey play 2 totally..and i mean TOTALLY different positions. one guy lives in the box and the other guy plays all over the pitch. guess who scored more

and guess what positon moutinho plays. oh yeah..thats right dude, and it aint behind the front man..ala siggy and dempsey.

we have brought in good players..but thats not what the poster was talking about.

make you a bet that if modric starts regularly for real that he gets at least 7 goals this season (depending on what position he plays LOL)

one other thing, moutinho has been good for several years.

VdV could dribble? News to me, where was this dribbling ability when we were up against the two banks of four we faced so regularly last season? Modric could do everything but shoot well, and I assume Moutinho measures up exactly to this ideal? And, assuming he does, what makes you certain we need a player playing exactly like Modric to succeed? Look, mate, I'm not going to argue too much on the point. Some people are disappointed by our signings, and they have a right to be, if they feel that way. I personally feel we've added so many things to the squad we were lacking previously. That in itself makes up for the losses we've suffered in VdV and Modric (and they are undoubtedly losses).

one window I'd like us to sign a big name, someone for opposition to fear, doesn't look like it's going to be in Levy's reign, he just doesn't seem to be willing to take that next step fee/wages wise. I just keep thinking, if we went that one step further and actually got the sort of players we're constantly linked with then that could be the difference between europa league and champions league.

oh well, COYS.

You reckon we'll still sign him tonight/tomorrow?

I do. For us to have a bid of £22m accepted, to have his agent at the lodge and for the deal not to happen is crazy.

I have a feeling this will still happen.

VDV was great in year one, mediocre in year 2 and would have got worse in year 3.

one window I'd like us to sign a big name, someone for opposition to fear, doesn't look like it's going to be in Levy's reign, he just doesn't seem to be willing to take that next step fee/wages wise. I just keep thinking, if we went that one step further and actually got the sort of players we're constantly linked with then that could be the difference between europa league and champions league.

oh well, COYS.

Yes. Because bankrupting the club would not be in the clubs best interest?

so, we phoned Hamburg at 0130 last night, sold them VDV and replaced with Dempsey!?!?!?!!?

I am furious beyond belief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lloris is good though)

oh well, COYS.

What?

How about Modric? Other teams feared him.
Berbatov? Other teams feared him.

We just buy players that are not that well known and some time they turn out to be star players. We are not a team that are in a position to buy already proven players until we get CL football.

Yeah, he is.

Sure its a good deal and I rate him, but he's not going to make us much better. I hope I'm wrong.

What if it was him or nothing? I wouldn't say he weakens the squad. He offers cover as a wide forward, support striker and midfielder.

We didn't sell VDV to buy Dempsey, we bought Dempsey because we needed a player like him in the squad. VDV leaving seems like it was more or less unavoidable, so I'm happy we got someone in rather than do nothing.

Back