• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No disagreements between player and Ajax over the 15% of transfer fee. The deal between spurs and player is done and between spurs and ajax is done... Another team coming in will make no difference.

Apparently his agent says theyd agreed before about a 15% cut of the fee due to JV being on much lower wages than the rest of the team... But now Ajax want him to lower the % and thats why the deal has stalled.

I still expect it to be done... Think the part where he said hed stay another yr and go spurs on free is just a bluff to ajax to get things moving

Cheers for the info. Hopefully it's a bluff like you say

We pay Ajax their 12m or whatever it is. We agree terms with the player and conduct medical etc. He should sign and we should announce it, it matters not one jot to us wtf the player and his previous club do in regards to how their finances work, it should not hold up any deal in the slightest.

If Ajax can stop any deal from happening, then there is no deal 'done' with them at all.

Moyes would not make me happy. Im not sure how he could make any Spurs fan happy tbh. Would be interesting to see how it goes if he did come in, classic case of hoping to be wrong...

from a Reading forum.....

Now I have some news that is bound to excite Liverpool and Reading fans having spoken to an Icelandic journalist named Brynjar Ingi Erluson (twitter @brynjarerluson) about the situation. He has confirmed the fact that it is a Liverpool vs Reading showdown and that Spurs are not in the picture as he put, "I'm afraid so. Gylfi has no interest at all signing for a club that has no manager. #HisOwnWords". Although this does not 100% rule Spurs out of the race, it shows that we know who the two favorites are.

He has also made the point that Gylfi is indeed in Iceland and plans to return to the UK on tuesday. He has been mulling over his big decision whilst enjoying himself as well due to being spotted playing tennis with an Icelandic national team mate.

He is also of the belief it is something of a battle of the managers.

Reading have offered more money and are his academy club.

Liverpool are a more prestigious club.

Both clubs have made good reasons as to why he should join them but he believes that the main sway will be whether he joins the man who gave him his Reading debut and took him into the Premier League (Brendan Rodgers) or whether he will join the man who scouted him in Iceland and brought him to the UK and gave him his first big break. (Brian McDermott).

Now one thing that is known is the fact that Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson scouted Gylfi a couple of times last season. He has also told me that Gylfi said that it would be tough to turn down Manchester United to Icelandic media. Therefore if the Red Devils were to through in a late bid then there could be another twist in what has been an extraordinarily odd transfer saga.

One things for sure, it is going to come to an end soon, but which set of fans will come out with a smile on there faces?

why? just asking cause i think that your post pretty much sums up how fans view transfer activities.

Think everyone gets a bit nervous when other clubs are progressin but we arent:

Chelsea: signed Marin and Hazard
Arse: Polodski and Giroud
Manure - signed the japanese fella
Liverpoo: new progressive manager replacing a dinosaur

Not saying that all of the above will be successful but so far we've sacked our manager and sold a back-up midfielder - these things are only progress if the new manager comes in soon (and not on the eve of the season) and if the incoming transfers start. Until then, poeple are bound to be nervous that others are executing on their plans

Some ITK linkage to Dembele doing the rounds. Spursvert is the offender

Been told we're preparing a bid for Dembele. Around ?7.5m + a player.

Didn't get told who the player was.

Passed on in good faith.

That's immediately who I thought of after seeing that ITK ! I reckon Jol would love a Jenas in his side, I reckon Jenas would love it too.

Back