• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A sensible take on the Modric situation:

Spurs ready to play hardball over sale of ?ú40m Modric

Levy will not sanction Croatian playmaker's move to Premier League rivals this summer

Tottenham Hotspur anticipate that if they do decide to sell midfielder Luka Modric this summer it will not be to a Premier League team and not for less than ?ú40m. However, unlike 12 months ago, there is a greater possibility that the Croatian could be permitted to leave for the right price.

The issue of Modric's future is once again the subject of discussion, with Manchester United reported to be among the interested parties. But the four years left on Modric's deal mean that Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, holds all the cards and he will not countenance selling one of the most sought-after midfielders in the world for less than a premium fee.

It is understood that Spurs rate the chances of an agreement l to sell Modric this summer at around 50-50 but there is no deal currently in place with United. If they were to sell Modric, it would be Levy and Spurs' preference that he go to Spain, Italy or even the Qatari-owned Paris St-Germain in France's Ligue 1. Levy considers next season's target to be a place in the Champions League and he does not see the sense in selling his best players to competitors.

Modric lobbied hard for a move to Chelsea last summer, to the extent that he willingly gave interviews expressing his desire to leave the club but found Levy unyielding. Spurs' policy of either renewing contracts or selling players when they come to the final two years on their deal has placed Levy in a strong position with Modric, who signed a six year deal in May 2010.

It has been suggested that if one of the two major Spanish teams came in with a serious offer for Modric, and he wanted to go, Levy could be persuaded that a player who had given four years' service should be allowed to leave. It is indicative of their ambition that they are no longer prepared simply to sell their best players to traditionally bigger Premier League clubs, as they once did with Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United.

Spurs are mindful of the situation that Arsenal found themselves in last summer with Cesc Fabregas and Barcelona when the player had just one year left on his contract and was agitating to leave. Eventually Bar?ºa were able to buy him for ?ú30m, a relatively low price for such an elite-level player. Spurs are determined that they will not be pushed into a corner in the same way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hardball-over-sale-of-40m-modric-7831866.html

JOSE DOMINGUEZ is after the vacant manager’s job at Birmingham.

Former winger Dominguez, 38, played for the Blues in the mid-90s before moving to Sporting Lisbon and then joining Tottenham.

He is currently coach of Uniao de Leiria in his native Portugal but Brum acting chairman Peter Pannu has put former Huddersfield boss Lee Clark at the top of his shortlist.

Cash-strapped Blues are looking at out-of-work managers with Mick McCarthy, Gary Megson and Paul Ince also in line to succeed Chris Hughton.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4362886/Jose-Dominguez-is-after-the-Birmingham-managers-job.html

JOSE DOMINGUEZ is after the vacant manager’s job at Birmingham.

Former winger Dominguez, 38, played for the Blues in the mid-90s before moving to Sporting Lisbon and then joining Tottenham.

He is currently coach of Uniao de Leiria in his native Portugal but Brum acting chairman Peter Pannu has put former Huddersfield boss Lee Clark at the top of his shortlist.

Cash-strapped Blues are looking at out-of-work managers with Mick McCarthy, Gary Megson and Paul Ince also in line to succeed Chris Hughton.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4362886/Jose-Dominguez-is-after-the-Birmingham-managers-job.html

Myyyy name is Jose Dominguez I play on the wingez

TRANSFER GOSSIP

AC Milan say they will not be making a bid for Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli.

Full story: talkSPORT
Kevin Strootman

Kevin Strootman has been likened to Roy Keane for his style of play

Manchester United are considering making a ?ú14m move for PSV Eindhoven midfielder Kevin Strootman, with long-term absentee Darren Fletcher's future still uncertain.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, the Old Trafford side are believed to be close to signing highly-rated 18-year-old Crewe forward Nick Powell for a fee of ?ú4m.

Full story: Daily Mail

Emirates Marketing Project have been dealt a blow in their bid to sign Arsenal's Robin van Persie, with his father saying the striker will not join another English club.

Full story: Metro

Fulham are looking at Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes as a possible replacement for Clint Dempsey, who only has 12 months left on his Craven Cottage contract.

West Ham are hoping to tie up the signing of Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen within the next 24 hours.

Full story: talkSPORT

Polish striker Robert Lewandowski, opening scorer at Euro 2012, is being targeted by Manchester United, according to Poland's coach Franciszek Smuda.

Full story: Footy Latest

Brendan Rodgers has Nicklas Bendtner, Mohamed Diame and Matt Jarvis in his sights as he looks to begin spending at Liverpool.

Full story: Caught Offside
EURO 2012 GOSSIP

Discarded Rio Ferdinand admits his international career could be over after being overlooked twice by new boss Roy Hodgson.

Full story: The Sun

Roy Hodgson may take a gamble on John Terry's fitness by playing him against France on Monday, with the Chelsea defender in danger of being sidelined for the entire tournament if his groin and hamstring injuries get worse.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie is in confident mood ahead of the Netherlands' opening game against Denmark on Saturday.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

French frontman Louis Saha says Euro 2012 is a special tournament and must not be spoiled by the spectre of racism.

Full story: Evening Standard

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal have suffered a blow with the news Bacary Sagna's broken leg will definitely see him miss the start of next season.

Former Birmingham winger Jose Dominguez, who played for Tottenham in the 1990s, is thought to be keen on the vacant manager's post at St Andrews.

Full story: The Sun
AND FINALLY

The new Juventus home shirt will feature the words "30 on the pitch", in reference to the two titles taken away from them in the past.

Full story: Guardian

Mate...genuine question. Are you an angry person? You always sound so angry! Why?

An angry person? :lol: Nah, if some of you met me - and a few of you have - then you'd realise just how much of a laugh I have...and pretty much all of the time :mrgreen: Stuff like formations doesn't make me angry, it just bores me to tears when I see it cropping up in threads which are basically there to discuss rumours. Just gets so dull when I have to scroll past reams and reams of self-importance, just to get to see what 38yo we've been linked with \o/

I think there should be a 'Tactics & Formation Thread' which people who are so inclined can reside and chew the fat over that, if that's what tickles their fancy. I just personally find it a bit tiresome if the same dullards graffiti every thread with it.

Who: The Goat
When: 9th June
Where: SC

From our usual source:

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,
Wipe the tear, Adie dear, from your eye-ee!
Tho' it's hard to part I know,
We'll be chuffed to see you go.

Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee,
There's a silver lining in the sky-ee,
Goats don't like to sing, but this one's a Harry win,
Nap-poo, too-dle-oo,
Goodbye-ee

From our usual source:

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,

Goats don't like to sing, but this one's a Harry win,
Nap-poo, too-dle-oo,
Goodbye-ee

what a taco.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are close to signing Vurnon Anita from Ajax. Replacement for Tiote?

From our usual source:

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,

Goats don't like to sing, but this one's a Harry win,Nap-poo, too-dle-oo,
Goodbye-ee

Sorry.. Is he saying Ade isnt signing and Harry didnt want him?

Back