• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

That one was never ever going to happen. Mountinho on the other hand..

we go wide because our most potent players are bale and lennon..and modric was no central threat like fabregas was for example......\I entirely agree that we need more threat through the middle...after all Livermore sandro and parker wont priovdie this...and I really like dembele BUT you havent really told me what this Sig offers...its a key massive osition to play behind the striker...VDV is a superbly gifted player with fantastic vision and lovely weight of pass but too slow in my opnion...sigurdsson looks rangey - anderton esque and atheltic and has a shot buit i think its just whether he has that guille...I just need to see more

We go wide because thats AVBs system. It has been well documented that he likes to use the full width of the pitch to create space. Often with the wingers cutting in and the full backs stepping up to maintain width.

It is what has been expected and IMO what has been happening - I think the full backs and wingers have been used in a very different capacity to how Redknapp used them.

First off - Im a big fan of VDV and think he can do brilliantly in that position also. Just talking about Sigurdsson specifically, rather than showing a preference.

Sigurdsson is a lot like Lampard in the respect that he will often lay the ball out wide then break for the box to try and get a finish, in his movement and timing. He is good with his head and his feet, and thrives off of meeting crosses and through balls. Often becaue he has ghosted into the box unchecked thanks to his deeper starting position (compared to an orthodox striker)

With our play focusing on the ball going wide and then into the box I think he will be getting goals very regularly. He doenst play the position with guile and skill (as in all tricks and nuance), imo, more with timing and movement.

I think Dembele breaking through midfield will add an extra dimension to us, and unpredictability. Sigudsson in that position will think his Christmasses have come at once because not only will he have the supply from wide but he will also have a maverick in midfield creating chaos and space and opportunities from behind him as well.

A1ddTOWCcAEaTtU.jpg

erm

Has to be a typo.
Sky just assume everyone is going to Emirates Marketing Project.

that is a tinkle take right?

Cant see it anywhere else online

Rossi - is this a Jjetset 'exclusive'?

He would NEVER make their starting 11

I'm not having it I tell ya!!!

Tony Awor ‏@awor18
dembele at spurs training ground, best news of the summer for the club

Living outside UK so dont have SSN - but according to SC, they have removed it now.

Must have been a typo

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49
Falcao is a Chelsea player!! If there is no mention of this in the press by Thursday 22:00 BST I will delete my account.

:-k

Of course it was the usual Sky sports mistake people...calm down..calm down.

Back