• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough. In which case, it goes both ways, and Campbell, Berbatov etc were entitled to leave Spurs as a business decision. If we are stripping all emotion away from our football club then I don't really understand why I support it. I don't support Morgan Stanley, or HSBC, or any company, so why should I or anyone support Tottenham Hotspur?

Well said.

So he's not a MOdric replacement....hmmmmm.....£20m for him then when we also do need a creative CM to replace Modders.....link is probably BS

I may be wrong but for me I dont see him as a Modric player at all. But then AVB may be looking at a slightly different system where a direct Modric-esq player is not his principle target (ie a M'Villa alongside Sandro?) But I don't know today seems to be predominantly about outgoings so hopefully clarity on incomings will come tomorrow! ;)

AVB on Willian in January:

"Willian is a very interesting player, but he is cup tied in the Champions League," Villas-Boas said. "I don't think we should go for players who cannot be involved in all the competitions.

Shakhtar's response to the Willian to Chelsea link in Jan:
http://shakhtar.com/en/news/20466

I may be wrong but for me I dont see him as a Modric player at all. But then AVB may be looking at a slightly different system where a direct Modric-esq player is not his principle target (ie a M'Villa alongside Sandro?) But I don't know today seems to be predominantly about outgoings so hopefully clarity on incomings will come tomorrow! ;)

AVB said at the weekend that he wanted a creative CM rather than a defensive CM like M'Villa

Football Agent ‏@agent_153
#MCFC bid for #Cavani ACCEPTED. #Napoli sold to the highest bidder and #THFC simply couldn't compete

Seems to me that the only striker we're genuinely chasing (now that we've finally signed Ade) is Leandro Damiao.

Which also makes a certain amount of sense above the likes of Llorente.

In Ade and Llorente we have two primary strikers for a One striker system.

In Ade and Leandro we have a primary striker and a young hotshot striker to bring through, seems to me like a more agreeable situation

I'd love it if we signed Willian. Proper spurs player. Fast, skilful, creative, aggressive (in that he takes people on). Fantastic player, and I do think we need someone who can cover for Bale or Lennon, although if Willian signed I'm sure he'd start with Lennon covering

£9m is good business for Dawson, no question. But personally I'd rather hold onto him if he'd be happy to compete for his place. Losing Dawson, now that Bassong is gone, leaves us with Kaboul, Gallas, Vertonghen and Caulker as recognised centre-backs. Caulker may have a great future ahead of him (and I really hope he does) but fact is; none of us know for certain that he's ready to step up to premiership level this season. On top of that, Gallas is now 35 years old. Again, I hope he has a great season for us, but he's just one serious knock away from retirement. Let's hope Vertonghen is the Next Big Thing for Spurs, but he's unproven in the premiership and might take a while to settle in.

So what happens if 15 minutes into our match against Norwich, the day after the transfer window shuts, Kaboul gets injured and is out for a few months? Do we really want a 35-year old, an unproven youngster and a premiership newbie to be our defensive unit for the first half of the season? Because that has the potential to go very wrong indeed. I just don't think 4 CBs is enough for a team challenging at the top of the premiership. Not if one of the four is a kid and another is 35 with a history of injuries.

Did you miss the full season of premier league football he played, to acclaim, at Swansea last year?

I wouldn't get too excited, this is Spurs remember?

I imagine Spurs will sign Fraizer Campbell whilst the Arsenil make a triple swoop for Leandro, Levandowski and Llorente.

Did you miss the full season of premier league football he played, to acclaim, at Swansea last year?

I didn't think Caulker was all that last year - he was OK but got a lot of his plaudits because he is young - he seemed to be out of position a lot when I saw goals on MotD but I didn't watch full games often

I imagine Dawson is a better defender than Caulker at this point in time, and is basically Club Captain

Well said.

I love the emotion of the experience of being at the lane and love the badge, the heart of our club and what we represent style wise in the game. fudge all players. Couldn't give a flying fudge about any of them. Paid employees who we pay handsomely beyond anyone's wildest dreams to kick a ball around. We own them and will do as we see fit as they will fudge us at the first sign. I can't understand your total emotion being encapsulated be hero worship of a footballer.

Back