• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who: The Journalist
When: 19th August
Where: SC

Daniel Levy is refusing to pay Luka Modric his sell on fee which is holding up the transfer. Fee and personal terms agreed. Luka Modric also refusing to back down.
Villas Boas wants to bring in a few more of his own staff.

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

Ade is now done. 1 more to come up top too...... #AVB telling porkies!!

JJetset has been very reluctant to mention names or progress on deals, so I think it might actually be done now. We'll see next weekend, don't expect the OS to rush the announcement.

If that part about Modric refusing to give up his sell-on is true then he can stay at WHL. He is the one instigating the move, his attitude is the only reason that we are reluctantly selling him so it's time that he realises it and either shuts up or stays, one or the other Modric, which is it to be?

And this nonsense about players getting a fee because they didn't put a transfer request in. Well, surely there is an implied transfer request if Modric is refusing to play for us and desperately wants to join Real Madrid? Hardly like he hasn't pushed for the move, is it? And it would appear that he has had all his friends chip in for him too, telling everyone just how unfair we're being that we don't let him go for whatever loose change Real Madrid want to throw our way, treating us like a tramp in the gutter.

If that part about Modric refusing to give up his sell-on is true then he can stay at WHL. He is the one instigating the move, his attitude is the only reason that we are reluctantly selling him so it's time that he realises it and either shuts up or stays, one or the other Modric, which is it to be?

Exactly, the lesbian can do one...

I can't see it being true. Stick around for a pay off when his "dream club" are going to apparently treble his wages. Not exactly potless either,is he?

Mind you they are all greedy qunts

I think this is quite a common stance by players being sold. They demand the move and then demand the "loyalty payment" when the club sell.

I just want Modric gone. 2 years in a row, he and Levy and their games have cost us. Let's hope we don't lose out on CL football by a single point again for his sake.

I can't see it being true. Stick around for a pay off when his "dream club" are going to apparently treble his wages. Not exactly potless either,is he?

Mind you they are all greedy qunts

I agree with you. There's no way Modric would put his dream move in jeopardy for this loyalty payment. It's a joke he even thinks he's entitled to one actually.

One part of me wants him to tinkle off to the subs bench in Madrid and take a hit on the fees, but another part wants me to see the club to stick to their principles and stick two fingers up at Modric and RM. Whichever way it plays out it has already been dragging on too long so Levy should make a deadline, leak it to the media, and stick to it.

The "AVB telling porkies" thing; am I the one who think that might relate to Moutinho?

AVB seemed to imply at the pressie on thursday that Porto asked too much for their players and that he was too expensive, so he wouldnt come to WHL.

We reallly need a replacement for Modric

The "AVB telling porkies" thing; am I the one who think that might relate to Moutinho?

AVB seemed to imply at the pressie on thursday that Porto asked too much for their players and that he was too expensive, so he wouldnt come to WHL.

I assumed it was because AVB said only one striker coming on, whereas JJ suggests there is two

Or the part about only expecting one more striker.

Could this be the worst Spurs News Story EVER?!

Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy is trying to push through a deal for Real Madrid's Luka Modric for £30million in order to free up funds for AVB to go and spend on attacking reinforcements

Sell Modric then buy

A poor start to what can be only classed as a second chance for AVB, leaves the ex Chelsea boss looking for reasons why his lillywhites slipped up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. With this ring the case one of the main reasons the supporters are giving for this shock defeat is the obvious lack of attacking availability. Although Defoe managed to claw back a goal to make it level, this ended as only a consolation when 3 minutes and 60 seconds later, a penalty was both awarded and converted leaving the score at 2-1 to the home side.

AVB in after match press conferences has been asked about the striking options at White Hart Lane, he quickly speculated the only reason Spurs don’t have a partner up front with Defoe, is the all but agreed deal of Luka Modric.

Levy is reportedly trying to push through a deal worth in the region of 30 million and with only two weeks of the transfer window left this deal needs to be done sooner than later ! Options for possible replacements upfront range from unsettled Brazillian striker Hulk right through to bringing in rival Theo Wallcott who is still yet to sign a new contract at the emirates.

Opinion – Tottenham must look at today as eye opener, although Defoe managed to score, the one thing we lacked was a big name striker alongside him. Tottenham are know or thief fast attacking ability and I don’t think one striker would be the right way forward. I say sell Modric tommorow and get Hulk, he’s fantastic and just what Spurs need, he would rip the premier league apart !

Taken from Football Rumour Mill :ross:

Or the part about only expecting one more striker.

I hadn't seen any telling porkies thing but when I read the article with him quoted as saying one more striker I did wonder if there was an element of saying one thing whilst doing another.... Or maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part!? ;)

Back