• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

of course there has been some out of order personal attacks on Redknapp, i know i didnt go that far at all but ive always questioned him if i felt the need to. However i feel he has done a very good job overall.

I really hope we get the signings we need to take us on to the next stage. Hopefully they are signings with age on their side. This thread is about summer signings, and i dont want to divert it towards another Redknapp debate.

Fair enough mate, I've got an exam tomorrow too so should really get off Glory Glory altogether!

my 4 summer targets would be

Vertongen
Sigurdsson
Afellay
Remy

and because we are so short in attack, id have to add a fifth player to the targets and that would be another one year loan from City. Maybe Tevez or Dzeko

I don't think L de Jong i anywhere near as good as the fees quoted, but I may not have seen him enough.

One thing I will say about the dutch league, is that the level of defending is mesmerisingly poor even though the league overall is not.

It's not that the players are brick, appearently teams just don't seem to bother defending too much or apply it during games.

cheers danish

Hoillett - Competition for the wing positions and cover.
Dembele - Cover for VDV's position with more speed and is young.
Vertongen - Let Gallas go and King retire. With him, Kaboul, Dawson and a returning Caulker we have the perfect 4 cb's. 2 ball players and 2 stong guys.
Llorente - Another stiker who can play at the point on his own, hold it up and still get goals.

I think most of these are fairly realistic. Would improve our team and our squad and can be had for good fees and in our wage bracket.

do you think finishing behind a poor Arsenal squad can be counted as success?? like i said in another thread, had we finished 4th behind city, utd and chelsea then id say we did well, but this arsenal squad is not the best it has been over the last 16 years and still even with the talent we have we still couldnt finish above them. It does feel disappointing

think that might be down to your assessment of what is poor. arsenal's team isnt poor, not by any means. cause its made up of players, the coach and a system of play. all that combined makes arsenal a formidable team...even now, just like i said at the start of the season and even when they were playing badly early.

we finished behind a good team

I'll try to be realistic but I Think we need about 6 players IMO

1. Hoilett - we would have got 3rd IMO with him on board as cover and an alternative.
2. Vertongen - we need a replacement centre back and he is get table and should be a good player. I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen a lot of him but wha I have he looks a decent prospect for a team in our position (financial and league)
3. Remy - saw more of him before he went to marseille and he looked like a hell of a player, however it is the French league. But I've seen players come from lesser leagues and look great so why no take a chance.
4. Ade - despite he misses he is a work horse who has inintely improved what we have

I'd also look a offering reasonably big money to Everyon for Jelavic, maybe ?ú15 million because he offers what we need. He is clinical but plays a hold up game.

I'd also liege Ben Foster for a bargain price from a Birmingham side that has to sell and has an agreement with him to stay in the premier league

That would be a pretty tidy transfer window but this is spurs and that all looks too easy.

If we were splashing the cash the player I've seen a few times that looks class is Lewandowski who I think will end up at United but he will be top drawer in our league

think that might be down to your assessment of what is poor. arsenal's team isnt poor, not by any means. cause its made up of players, the coach and a system of play. all that combined makes arsenal a formidable team...even now, just like i said at the start of the season and even when they were playing badly early.

we finished behind a good team

Their claiming it's their worse team in years but surely the team that only it 4th due to lasagna gate is worse. Also they have never had a team IMO where they have had a genuine best in world player in their side. They have had great players but RVP this season has arguably been the best striker (not best players I'm not comparing him to ronaldo or messi)

I'll try to be realistic but I Think we need about 6 players IMO

1. Hoilett - we would have got 3rd IMO with him on board as cover and an alternative.
2. Vertongen - we need a replacement centre back and he is get table and should be a good player. I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen a lot of him but wha I have he looks a decent prospect for a team in our position (financial and league)
3. Remy - saw more of him before he went to marseille and he looked like a hell of a player, however it is the French league. But I've seen players come from lesser leagues and look great so why no take a chance.
4. Ade - despite he misses he is a work horse who has inintely improved what we have

I'd also look a offering reasonably big money to Everyon for Jelavic, maybe ?ú15 million because he offers what we need. He is clinical but plays a hold up game.

I'd also liege Ben Foster for a bargain price from a Birmingham side that has to sell and has an agreement with him to stay in the premier league

That would be a pretty tidy transfer window but this is spurs and that all looks too easy.

If we were splashing the cash the player I've seen a few times that looks class is Lewandowski who I think will end up at United but he will be top drawer in our league

I think that would be my 4 as well, realistically all of those signings COULD happen and I think it would be good business for us as well shifting off some of our dead wood like Jenas, Bentley, GDS, Corluka, Bassong etc...

I think that would be my 4 as well, realistically all of those signings COULD happen and I think it would be good business for us as well shifting off some of our dead wood like Jenas, Bentley, GDS, Corluka, Bassong etc...

Exactly my thoughts and it seems simple as there all arguably get table players without having to spend mega money.

I'd offload jenas, Bentley, Gomes, dos santos, bassong, Charlie plus anyone out of contract and that will bring in 20 mill minimum plus the wages saved

What are peoples thoughts on offering money for jelavic?

I can see them wanting a big price for him and there's a lot of risk with him. Poor scoring record at international level, decent record with rangers (2 goals per 3 games) but it was just scotland. Before that he was in Austria where his record was less than 1 in 2.

Would rather we spend on Adbayor who's proven in the PL or even Dzeko rather than going for Jelavic

Problem with this thread is we need 5 players:

- GK
- CB
- 3rd winger to complete with Bale and Lennon
- Target man (eg Adebayor)
- mobile CF (eg Remy)

Problem with this thread is we need 5 players:

- GK
- CB
- 3rd winger to complete with Bale and Lennon
- Target man (eg Adebayor)
- mobile CF (eg Remy)
I think we're all in agreement of that.

Interested in your comments about jelavic. I think that he has shown at everton an instinct and style that would really suit us. His record may not have been great at other clubs but he was also oungr and may not have been playing with bett players. I try to look at the supply line we offer forwards and that's where a lot of the criticism of Ade comes from. You almost have to lay it on a plate for him. I do rate him though but feel a player with a better goal to shot ratio would thrive in our team

Exactly my thoughts and it seems simple as there all arguably get table players without having to spend mega money.

I'd offload jenas, Bentley, Gomes, dos santos, bassong, Charlie plus anyone out of contract and that will bring in 20 mill minimum plus the wages saved

I like Jelavic although Everton will probably want big money for him after his impact. Maybe we can offer Pienaar in a swap deal to drop the price. Another striker I think would be a good buy is Steven Fletcher could really take his game to another level with a decent team and better service imo

Fletcher has a great shot to goal ratio IIRC. And he has scored goals now for two dire sides. I actually thought everton would sign him as he just seems to be their type of player. Maybe we can start a merry go round of transfers.

Fletcher has a great shot to goal ratio IIRC. And he has scored goals now for two dire sides. I actually thought everton would sign him as he just seems to be their type of player. Maybe we can start a merry go round of transfers.

This is a fair point, Fletcher in a side that creates more changes would do well. Plus if we do manage to get Ade he would be ok to sit on the bench. and when teams do park the bus he is immense at winning balls in the air so we can just get some crosses in.

No change we get Jelavic, Moyes is going to build the team around him now. They got a bargain and we missed out. They only want Pienaar to supply him, so not even a chance of offering him up as some bait.

@Oranje Spu and Modric THFC

amazing stuff, two opposite reflections of the same thing. one says he's a combination of berbatov and Robin van persie......or at least has some the qualities of both players....and is good in the air eetc etc

the other a bit more pragmatic in the view, factors heavily weighted on the fact that its the dutch league and advises caution (sentiments which i share very much modric thfc)

another mystery then . could be decent , could be not so good

I don't see the the Dutch league like I use too but DanishWhite is basically right about team defending. That said I believe de Jong has the battle and skill to deliver better than what we have. He is inovative and has a quick release when needed. He gets goals in crowded situations - something THFC lacks. African is correct that I was not saying he is a DB or RVN but reminds me of them in how he plays and where he scores.

I think we're all in agreement of that.

Interested in your comments about jelavic. I think that he has shown at everton an instinct and style that would really suit us. His record may not have been great at other clubs but he was also oungr and may not have been playing with bett players. I try to look at the supply line we offer forwards and that's where a lot of the criticism of Ade comes from. You almost have to lay it on a plate for him. I do rate him though but feel a player with a better goal to shot ratio would thrive in our team

Jelavic will not be leaving Everton in the summer. What player has ever joined in January done exceptionally well and then fcuked off in the summer? Cant see it happening unfortunately.

Back