• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

If the ITK rumours are to be believed it looks like the Vertoghen and Remy deals are well on the way to being completed. Rather impressive if true and an indication that the transfer negotiations have been ongoing in the off season.

Get those two and Ade done quickly.

Then spend the rest of the summer sorting Leandro and flogging Defoe, Jenas, Bentley, Gio etc.

Then we'd be in serious good shape for next season.

He might never be the same player again. ACL injuries are brutal.
agreed. but what if he actually recovers from it and regains his form? we'd be kicking ourselves. a world class 'finisher' / mover in a team like ours that, even though void of good variety of movement, supplies as much as we do could be very dreamy

agreed. but what if he actually recovers from it and regains his form? we'd be kicking ourselves. a world class 'finisher' / mover in a team like ours that, even though void of good variety of movement, supplies as much as we do could be very dreamy

Scrap that . I totally forgot he retore the ACL last month and is out until Jan/Feb 2013.

He might never be the same player again. ACL injuries are brutal.

It's a calculated risk but he was being touted as a ?ú20mil+ player not that long ago. If he was fully fit then we couldn't afford him really so for the right price, maybe increasing with appearances, I think we should try.

My four

Llorente
Mayuka
Martin petrov / hoilett
Samba

at a stretch if we were to add one more in there i would want either of the two nigerian midfielders :- Haruna / or Ibrahim

Really not convinced by Hoilett. I think he's a bit of a new N'Zogbia (looks good in a poor team but just doesn't have enough to step up a level).

rossi then. if he's significantly cheaper then get him too

Rossi is out for another year pretty much. Two ACLs is pretty bad news for a player who pace is so important for.

While I think he's a great player, I do wonder where we would actually play him. He's 20 times better than Defoe, but at the same time he's another little poacher would ideally play in a 4-4-2 (although he did play wide in a 4-5-1 when Llorente was playing as a #9 at Villarreal). I'd rather we went for a goalscorer who can play in the lone role (like Leandro).

Thats ?ú90m - ?ú100m of players!!! Not the slightest chance!

Need to be thinking of ?ú25m - ?ú30m: Vertonghan (?ú8m - ?ú10m), Hoillet (free), Adebayor (?ú8m - ?ú10m), keeper (?ú10m)

With money from getting rid of deadwood, last years CL money, plus income, I think we have about 100m to spend. Think Levy held back in in last window, maybe no value or thought he'd keep money for new manager( as Harry was off to manage England).

With money from getting rid of deadwood, last years CL money, plus income, I think we have about 100m to spend. Think Levy held back in in last window, maybe no value or thought he'd keep money for new manager( as Harry was off to manage England).

spend 100 mill??? Levy isnt that mad. I dont think we have that sort of money anyway, the CL income went on bonus payments and higher salaries due to the CL run

The CL doesnt do anything for the clubs finances....its money in, money out. Thats why players want to play CL, its a financial gravy train.

This is meant to be insulting at all however if you believe that we're about to spend ?ú100m you're in dreamland....we're about to build a new stadium, have just built a new training complex, are not yet certain of being in the CL proper....we're a million miles off spending ?ú100m on transfers in one window

My four

Llorente
Mayuka
Martin petrov / hoilett
Samba

at a stretch if we were to add one more in there i would want either of the two nigerian midfielders :- Haruna / or Ibrahim

Petrov? You think he is still up to it?

Has been a shadow of his old self this last season or so, wouldnt make an impact for us IMO

No way 100m.

I am thinking 50m. I think we do and should have around 50m. I mean Pav was 10m alone being brought in. I imagine a couple will go which could bring in circa 20m thats 30m. In addition to not spending much last summer and in January. 50-60m fairly easily actually.

Really not convinced by Hoilett. I think he's a bit of a new N'Zogbia (looks good in a poor team but just doesn't have enough to step up a level)

Hoilett is quality IMO. Would offer cover for Lennon, Bale and VDV. So, so composed, it would be brilliant to see him in a better side. Whenever I see him play he always plays the ball forward, dribbles successfully and can handle comfortably 2 or 3 players at a time. Ive lost count of the number of times teams have stuck 3 players on him as soon as he has the ball and he still comes away with it or gets a forward pass to a team mate. Not scored enough, but scored enough to show he has goals in him. For a nominal fee, he would be an excellent purchase IMHO. Straight into the squad, offering cover, and also the potential to become a first team regular

Back