• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Think long term quality signings would be De Ligt and N'Dombele. Though if we are thinking we need to up the British quota then I would suggest Maguire and Cook(Bournemouth) though they might not be quite as good as the first two.

After the WC that Maguire has had what makes you think we could afford him? Do you naively believe Leicester would sell him to us? They do not need to sell so if they did they would rightly shaft us with regards to the price.

Last edited:
After the WC that Maguire have has had what makes you think we could afford him? Do you naively believe Leicester would sell him to us? They do not need to sell so if they did they rightly shaft us with regards to the price.

They would shaft us like we will shaft United for Toby

perhaps we will deal in the Jan window - when both clubs see the futility of the brinksmanship and come to even terms. makes a good christmas story don't you think?

The Dembele and Toby bit is hard to call from where we sit.
I tend to agree with rest though!

I am though starting to get a little jittery regarding the lack of an Eriksen contract extension.

He’s only just back post World Cup. I’d expect this to be the next one announced. Maybe even during the US tour.

But he would worth what... £25m with a year on his contract

At 23 years old there is no way we would be getting him for £25m. Besides if he were available at that price his agent would ensure that loads of other clubs would blow us out of the water with a better personal financial package

So assuming Utd do not want to play ball where does that leave us? If we go after players at clubs who do not have to sell there comes a time when you match the value or move on to the next option.

Eighteen days and the window slams shut!

So assuming Utd do not want to play ball where does that leave us? If we go after players at clubs who do not have to sell there comes a time when you match the value or move on to the next option.

Eighteen days and the window slams shut!
If we're talking about Toby and Martial, where does that leave Toby and Martial? Toby could run down his contract, but based on Poch's apparent reaction last season, it would mean he hardly gets a game. At the end of the season, he'd be thirty with a year effectively out of the game. That wouldn't do his pulling power much good with other clubs. So his best option would be likely to be to eat humble pie and sign a new contract. Martial could be sold to another club, but not in the EPL, unless you think that it's only Spurs that United regard as a competitor. If they don't sell, then they have a player who will only get in the team for the first couple of games, and will then be even more disgruntled than he clearly is now, with an ever decreasing market value.
We are not the only club which has to consider its best way forward.

If we're talking about Toby and Martial, where does that leave Toby and Martial? Toby could run down his contract, but based on Poch's apparent reaction last season, it would mean he hardly gets a game. At the end of the season, he'd be thirty with a year effectively out of the game. That wouldn't do his pulling power much good with other clubs. So his best option would be likely to be to eat humble pie and sign a new contract.

Whether he plays for us or not he continues to play well for his country so I can assure you he will continue to have suitors, and next summer buying him for £25m is a no brainer. Also everybody will know Poch is not playing him for non footballing reasons, if I were him I would not dream of signing a new contract unless met my wage demands. He hardly played for us but he still starts for Belgium in the WC so he will have no issues getting a new club.

Martial could be sold to another club, but not in the EPL, unless you think that it's only Spurs that United regard as a competitor.

I think everybody is aware of that fact.

If they don't sell, then they have a player who will only get in the team for the first couple of games, and will then be even more disgruntled than he clearly is now, with an ever decreasing market value.
We are not the only club which has to consider its best way forward.

Maybe so but unlike us Man Utd are still rolling on with their summer transfers. Whether or not Martial is unhappy or not does not really help us if Utd want to make a point and simply refuse to sell to us.

Sure a player swap could work for all parties but it is obvious that we would want that deal more than them.

Back