• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Apparently they don't want to do business with anyone this summer. Supposedly they have asked him to hold on for another year.

That link is a good read, this part makes sense (up to now)....

"The state of the squad – bloated with a lot of deadwood – points towards an at-least-partially unsuccessful transfer policy, and helps to explain in part why our summer has been quiet so far."

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Who would have thought Sissoko/Nkodou/Janssen among others would be deadwood.

Hope we have told them they won’t be named in the squad.

Would we consider moura a new signing? Considering hs didn't have much game or bench time

Sent from my SM-G960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Absolutely. I am concerned how little he was used considering he’s an attacking player with pace so would always offer something from the bench as opposed to perhaps the difficulty of integrating a defender or defensive midfielder to a drilled team mid season.
From his perspective swapping PSGs bench for ours in a World Cup year means one of two things for me, either he really wants to be part of our project for the longer term or Poch didn’t see enough from him in training to warrant more pitch time.

I’m starting to wonder that the delay in signings and the lack of ‘superstar’ signings is because so much is put into the player personalities required to accept being part of a collective which is the opposite trait for a number of the top players who display selfish and narcissistic qualities. Maybe Moura has been broken down army style with the intention to build him back up again, Rose and Toby have received similar treatment for straying from the collective path.

I think we need to get Poch on board with working with a DoF of sorts, im not really impressed with our approach to this window, (or others really since we abandonned it) we don't seem to have much of a scouting network and why are we half way through the window with a bloated squad with no players moved on - none of our deadwood were at the WC, they should be gone by now.

I think we need to get Poch on board with working with a DoF of sorts, im not really impressed with our approach to this window, (or others really since we abandonned it) we don't seem to have much of a scouting network and why are we half way through the window with a bloated squad with no players moved on - none of our deadwood were at the WC, they should be gone by now.
When we had a director of football we used to get some real finds, under Poch any speculative bargain buys from abroad tend to be duds. As for this window the fact we are a month or less from the start of season and have done literally nothing buying or selling is a real concern....

Transfers are his biggest negative followed by leaving subs to late in games because he does not want to hurt peoples feelings.

When we had a director of football we used to get some real finds, under Poch any speculative bargain buys from abroad tend to be duds. As for this window the fact we are a month or less from the start of season and have done literally nothing buying or selling is a real concern....

After the Commoli era I never thought I would be an advocate for a director of football, but yeah it is needed.

Im sure there are plenty of moves happening behind the scenes but with Levy tied in to stadium related works at a critical stage things will be moving slowly - a dedicated person involved in overseeing recruitment/outgoings etc would surely be of benefit? If we do have someone in this role it would seem to me they aren't doing their job very well.

"The state of the squad – bloated with a lot of deadwood – [...] helps to explain in part why our summer has been quiet so far."

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Not sure I agree with that part of the blog. Just because we haven’t shifted anyone out doesn’t mean we couldn’t have signed someone yet. In a worse case when there weren’t takers for the deadwood then it would have just meant GKN or Janssen (say) not being registered, which would have been crap for them but it’s a relatively low probability and a risk worth taking if this was the only thing hold back any incomings so far.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree, but let's not forget those DoF buys could take a season or two to come good.

Back