• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suddenly, second place doesn't look like such a moonshot

Any idea how the TV pool is split this season? Do Arsenal take the lower % because Chelsea qualify as winners or does league position still take priority? That would be interesting.

=D>

3qsd3q.jpg

Any idea how the TV pool is split this season? Do Arsenal take the lower % because Chelsea qualify as winners or does league position still take priority? That would be interesting.

two different thing ain't it? EPL standings get monies from EPL TV licensing. Ditto CL.

two different thing ain't it? EPL standings get monies from EPL TV licensing. Ditto CL.

I assume he means the League position affecting the static CL tv revenues.

I believe that Chelsea qualify as the big cheese, which pushes everyone else down a spot.

It's pretty ridiculous to try and predict where we will come 12 games before the season is up. If we fail to beat West Ham and the goons beat us then we're gonna be completely out of the race for second and will be lucky to come 4th. Let's just see how we do.

I believe that Chelsea qualify as the big cheese, which pushes everyone else down a spot.

I don't know the answer.

The precedent though, would be Liverpool taking 4th spot, everyone else would be unchanged.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...jgR-bT&sig=AHIEtbTSLPnf_ihW87ID8en7CSEt-aYtuQ

That's Uefa's offical letter to their member associations. On page 4:

In the case of England, in accordance with the decision taken by the UEFA ExecutiveCommittee at its meeting in Manchester on 17/18 June 2005, since Liverpool FC (fifth intheir national championship and winners of the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League) haveentered the competition through the qualifying phase, the split among the English clubswill be as follows

There is then a table with Liverpool at the bottom.

That was a long time ago and they didn't kick Everton out of the competition when that happened, so when they decided about new rules, they may have changed things.

It's possible Chelsea do take top spot, (leaving Arsenal with only 10% of the TV pool split) but it's also possible that Chelsea take bottom spot and Arsenal get the 20% split that 3rd normally gets.

The Guardian reported in May last year that Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project would share the top payout, each getting 30%, with Man Utd receiving 25% and Arsenal 15%. They noted that the figures had to be confirmed by a subsequent UEFA executive meeting (which I haven't seen reported).

Back