• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

From a Liverpool perspective I would be very upset by the reaction in Uruguay. They did well to manage his return and I assume it has something to do with the sports psychologist that works with them (Peters?). Yet as soon as he is away with Uruguay he reverts to type. The heroes welcome in Montevideo will only reinforce his view that he is did nothing wrong and is persecuted.

And if I was at Liverpool I would be thinking just like galeforce described, just hoping the Uruguay team, management and president would shut-up and stop making things worse.

i doubt they did any "work" with him. they definitely did not tell him to stop diving/cheating. i suspect someone just had a quick word with him about trying to think about his conduct on the pitch a bit more. that will have been the extent of the "work" that liverpool would have done with him imo.

I could see why he hand balled against Ghana, although I dislike him doing it, but for the bite against Chiellini I can't comprehend his reasoning. He goes down afterwards, but he quickly leaves the scene because he knows he's going to be in trouble. He doesn't try to convince the ref he was elbowed. From my point of view it was a trigger response to hurt someone out of frustration.

All last season people spoke of his redemption, and how he was a changed character, which has now been proven to be complete and utter horse manure. He had no incidence of controversy because Liverpool had a fairly comfortable season. The Ivanovic bite was when they were chasing the game, the Chiellini bite the same. I don't think he does these things to cheat, I think he does them out of anger. If he can't win, he will hurt instead.

I think he might have been looking for a reaction (like a swing of the arm), which Chiellini calmly didn't deliver. Had there been even a hint at a flailing arm from Chiellini I expect Suarez would have made the absolute most of it.

It might also have been him just losing control of course. The thing is it doesn't really look like it, there's no lead-up, there's no cynical challenge (like with Defoe), there's no kerfuffle. He seems calm and composed and then just walks over and bites the other player. Also after these incidents (at least in England and now in the World Cup) he doesn't act like someone that lost his mind in a high pressure situation. If I had somehow bitten or punched someone out of anger and frustration I would be regretful and apologetic, not like this.

I just think it's a factor that FIFA should, and might, have considered when measuring out the punishment.

i doubt they did any "work" with him. they definitely did not tell him to stop diving/cheating. i suspect someone just had a quick word with him about trying to think about his conduct on the pitch a bit more. that will have been the extent of the "work" that liverpool would have done with him imo.

What are you basing this on?

I heard this mentioned on TV last night too. They won't do it as FIFA see not fulfilling a fixture as about as bad a crime as there is. UEFA the same. Threatening to not play a fixture at club level is tantamount to gambling with the existence of the club, I've heard it said.

I mentioned this before but I can't understand the level of support Suarez is getting from all quarters. The crime is visible for all to see so why not just admit it and take your medicine? The level of denial around the event is baffling. Suarez should just say, "Yep I bit him, I was angry. From now on I'll work on my anger management with some of the best horse doctors in the world. Thanks and see you in 4 months."

This not to come out and say i'm sorry I did it is bad enough, but for him and his country to actually say that he did nothing wrong is astounding, 500m have seen you bite him you buck toothed cretinous **** of a human being

One other question might be to ask if there is something about Italian defenders that provokes these reactions. Suarez's interest was drawn to Chiellini at the Confederation Cup last year, before tucking in this time. Then we had Zidane's headbutt of Materazzi.

This not to come out and say i'm sorry I did it is bad enough, but for him and his country to actually say that he did nothing wrong is astounding, 500m have seen you bite him you buck toothed cretinous **** of a human being

There was an article going around from the Guardian yesterday that explored this. He has seemingly surrounded himself with people who tell him that he has done nothing wrong and scarily he has started to believe them. It's almost admirable how stringent those who back him are, considering it is on video. Zealots, the lot of them

He seems like a normal guy off the pitch a family, wife kids etc but on it he is a different animal.

Im sure some of the vilest criminals in the world have appeared "normal" on the outside with wife and kids etc. Means nothing.

There was an article going around from the Guardian yesterday that explored this. He has seemingly surrounded himself with people who tell him that he has done nothing wrong and scarily he has started to believe them. It's almost admirable how stringent those who back him are, considering it is on video. Zealots, the lot of them

It includes the president of the country.

Rich people do get surrounded by such apologists. Just look at Gazza and his "freinds" telling him all was fine. Even those that were supposed to help (eg Peter Kay(?) at the famous clinic) seemed to be making professional excuses while cashing in.

Funny thing is, Suarez must have thought Uruguay are going out when he decided to bite the Italian player in anger.:lol:

I am sure he wouldn't have bite if Uruguay were leading then. It is really stupid to get banned for 2 consecutive WC when your team is playing in the knock out stages.

One other question might be to ask if there is something about Italian defenders that provokes these reactions. Suarez's interest was drawn to Chiellini at the Confederation Cup last year, before tucking in this time. Then we had Zidane's headbutt of Materazzi.
Materazzi called Zidane's sister a wh*re...apparently.

I know that that is the most popular theory, but it seems such a minor thing to be the trigger. If true, it has to come at the final straw after a whole game of attempts to unsettle (e.g. winding up, insults, holding and pushing, sly elbows and kicks, etc). I wonder if such apparently stupid actions as the Song sending off were the result of previous ongoing provocation.

Here it is again, it kind of got lost yesterday as the punishment was announced shortly after posting:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-giorgio-chiellini-violence-deceit

What are you basing this on?

after the uruguay-england game, in his interview, suarez still seems to feel that he has been a massive victim regarding the way he was treated in england. we (in england) thought there was something wrong with him, hence he needed treatment. this doesnt seem to be what suarez is thinking. if anything, it seems that he thinks that its the english who need treatment.

and then there's his bite on chiellini. which shows that if they had done any work with him, it has been successful, or more likely imo, they havent done any work with him.

we're talking about football. liverpool and rodgers having rehabilited him is so obviously just a PR line, that i cant believe that so many people actually took it seriously.

i think the rest of the world in general thinks suarez' punishment is on the harsh side. even chiellini is now feeling for suarez:

Writing on his personal website, Chiellini, 29, said: "I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies but, at the same time, I believe that the proposed formula is excessive.

"Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done. There only remains the anger and the disappointment about the match.

"At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28058345

after the uruguay-england game, in his interview, suarez still seems to feel that he has been a massive victim regarding the way he was treated in england. we (in england) thought there was something wrong with him, hence he needed treatment. this doesnt seem to be what suarez is thinking. if anything, it seems that he thinks that its the english who need treatment.

and then there's his bite on chiellini. which shows that if they had done any work with him, it has been successful, or more likely imo, they havent done any work with him.

we're talking about football. liverpool and rodgers having rehabilited him is so obviously just a PR line, that i cant believe that so many people actually took it seriously.
I think that is a result of being a highly paid sportsman who is surrounded by people who tell him that he has never done anything wrong.

I think that is a result of being a highly paid sportsman who is surrounded by people who tell him that he has never done anything wrong.

yhyh i totally agree that this is what is probably going on. and i also think liverpool and rodgers are "yes men" too. they would be risking too much by making suarez feel that he is the guilty party

i think the rest of the world in general thinks suarez' punishment is on the harsh side. even chiellini is now feeling for suarez:

Writing on his personal website, Chiellini, 29, said: "I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies but, at the same time, I believe that the proposed formula is excessive.

"Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done. There only remains the anger and the disappointment about the match.

"At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28058345
I think that is a professional sportsman trying to draw a line under the incident. He has my admiration after what some of the Uruguayan players said about him.

I have read few things from around the world this week to try and gauge whether this is just an English media reaction and I have found pretty much unanimous condemnation of Suarez's actions. Obviously our foreign posters will be in a better position to say how their local media has reported it.

yhyh i totally agree that this is what is probably going on. and i also think liverpool and rodgers are "yes men" too. they would be risking too much by making suarez feel that he is the guilty party
Don't upset the talent, as I believe they say in show biz

I'm still inclined to think Liverpool did help over the last year. Obviously the Kenny-teeshirt stuff was the same nonsense we see from Uruguayan players, officials, politicians ... pretty much everyone except one of the 1950 survivors. But Liverpool did manage him really well last season, by hook or crook, and I suspect ... and obviously this is just my opinion ... that the psychologist played a role. Within a few weeks of him leaving that environment he is in trouble again.

Back