• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

I think both Son and Bergwijn have played on the right a lot at previous clubs.

Agreed, but there's a difference between 'have played' and being natural in that position

There have been rumours about Ajax wanting Bergwijn. Would feel odd to sell him

I think both Son and Bergwijn have played on the right a lot at previous clubs.

Agreed, but there's a difference between 'have played' and being natural in that position

Ajax has publicly acknowledged they want him, they need a sale to fund him, so it may still happen.

If we could sell him and get a more natural right sided player, it would make sense as a swap.

Ajax has publicly acknowledged they want him, they need a sale to fund him, so it may still happen.

If we could sell him and get a more natural right sided player, it would make sense as a swap.

Yep, feels like there is a lot of untapped potential there, but agree that that sort of change would make sense from a balance perspective.

Being greedy, if we get the cash from Kane then going after Doku from Rennes would be great!

Interesting, just read a piece from Ally Gold on the game.

He claims at a point in the game Nuno actually shouted at Bergwijn not to come back and cover (Nuno was expecting the CM players to do that).

That bodes well for our attacking players to not being made into workhorses that spend way too much time defending.

Interesting, just read a piece from Ally Gold on the game.

He claims at a point in the game Nuno actually shouted at Bergwijn not to come back and cover (Nuno was expecting the CM players to do that).

That bodes well for our attacking players to not being made into workhorses that spend way too much time defending.
I talked about this quite a lot last season when criticising our tactics under Mourinho.... Some people were lambasting Mourinho's choice of players in midfield and saying that it meant that we couldn't launch attacks because A or B weren't as good on the ball as well as X or Y. However it didn't actually really matter at all who our midfield players were as it is just about impossible to launch attacks when a team has 10 or 11 men behind the ball.

I'm pleased that Nuno wants our attacking players primary job to be attacking as opposed to defending.

I talked about this quite a lot last season when criticising our tactics under Mourinho.... Some people were lambasting Mourinho's choice of players in midfield and saying that it meant that we couldn't launch attacks because A or B weren't as good on the ball as well as X or Y. However it didn't actually really matter at all who our midfield players were as it is just about impossible to launch attacks when a team has 10 or 11 men behind the ball.

I'm pleased that Nuno wants our attacking players primary job to be attacking as opposed to defending.
Nuno is very much a defend from the front disciple

metalgear, your idea of "smoke no fire" is alien to me, Sterling has scored 78 goals in 198 matches for Emirates Marketing Project, I think that is an impressive return for a winger
True as an individual statistic but he disrupts play for the rest of Emirates Marketing Project much like he does with England. Imagine Sterling in the Spurs team - Kane might be down to single digits goal return per season!

True as an individual statistic but he disrupts play for the rest of Emirates Marketing Project much like he does with England. Imagine Sterling in the Spurs team - Kane might be down to single digits goal return per season!

And yet Sterling did not inhibit Aguero's capacity to score goals.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion
Of course
We all are
As I say I don’t think he is a poor player like some want to make out
But there’s a reason city are phasing him out for foden in his place. Sterling makes the wrong calls more and more now. He lacks the intelligence with the ball. He gets goals because he is supported by smarter players
Sterling showed with England at the Euros that he can score goals if they are there for him to finish. He also showed that he doenst really know when to pass and will try to beat a man too many too often, when given a free’er role

Back