• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steffen Freund new International Technical Coordinator

Re: Steffen Freund new assistant head coach

freund3.gif

Must be great to be a player and see the coaching staff so into the game ..

fudging classic from Freund there ....

First one is best, when he almost trips on his way out of the dugout.

The second half of AVB's celebration reminds me of Basil Fawlty, shaking his fist at some imaginary object.

Steffen Freund's celebration is fantastic, love the passion that he has for our club.

I think AVB gets into the zone on the touch line, wasn't there that little thing where one of the other fellas came over to him and he pushed them aside a while back, maybe you leave him be during the match LOL

Freund is a legend, cut him he bleeds blue and white.

Saw on MOTD that he warmly greeted Lambert at the beginning of the game too.

Weren't they team mates at Dortmund?

Love the fact he still wears his Adidas boots!

stichtag_freund.jpg

Must be time for this hair style to make a comeback

8-[ why are steffan & AVB virtually ignoring one another?

I have always felt AVB and Freund are not as close as they supposed to be during matches. They don't seem to celebrate goals together in the same way as Redknapp-Jordan, Ramos-Poyet or Jol-Hughton used to do. Even after the matches, there is only the casual handshakes and not the hugs. I don't blame AVB for this as Levy should have let him bring his own man instead of forcing him to accept an unknown person.

LOL

Using Poyet-Ramos as an example kind of ruins your point.

I have always felt AVB and Freund are not as close as they supposed to be during matches. They don't seem to celebrate goals together in the same way as Redknapp-Jordan, Ramos-Poyet or Jol-Hughton used to do. Even after the matches, there is only the casual handshakes and not the hugs. I don't blame AVB for this as Levy should have let him bring his own man instead of forcing him to accept an unknown person.

I see this but I also see that AVB doesn't acknowledge his "own" men who aren't that far away. Maybe they know better...

I wonder whether Freund could replace AVB in the long term? I don't want AVB to leave, I think he's been doing well, but if the time comes that he wishes to manage Real Madrid or Manchester United then perhaps Freund will then be ready to take over.

I wonder whether Freund could replace AVB in the long term? I don't want AVB to leave, I think he's been doing well, but if the time comes that he wishes to manage Real Madrid or Manchester United then perhaps Freund will then be ready to take over.

IIRC, no assistant coach/manager has ever got promoted to be the chief coach/manager at Spurs. I think the reason is only those with full managerial experience can handle the pressure and expectations at Spurs. So, can't see Freund becoming one. He will have to go and become a successfull manager elsewhere before coming back to manage Spurs.

IIRC, no assistant coach/manager has ever got promoted to be the chief coach/manager at Spurs. I think the reason is only those with full managerial experience can handle the pressure and expectations at Spurs. So, can't see Freund becoming one. He will have to go and become a successfull manager elsewhere before coming back to manage Spurs.

Jol was Santini's assistant. Although he did have managerial experience already.

Jol was Santini's assistant. Although he did have managerial experience already.

Forgot about Jol. But that must be the most confusing period in the history of the club. No one thought Santini would resign after just 3 months in charge. Not sure if Jol would have been promoted as the chief coach if Santini had stayed for 2/3 years.

Back