• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

even if he hides and/or performs badly?

I don't think he hides. He has perhaps not been at his best this season, but he doesn't hide. He wants to get on the ball.

I think he performs better than Lamela, who is perhaps is best suited for a role as an impact sub at the moment.

Re: New season's best starting 11?

Are you saying he's our best player because surely Lloris would have to be given that ranking? Just because he has improved doesn't mean he will be good enough for enough for the level we are hoping to be playing at.

in order this season..

1) Lloris
2) Rose
3) Chadli (maybe tied with Kane but Kane needs to play more in the league)

I don't think he hides. He has perhaps not been at his best this season, but he doesn't hide. He wants to get on the ball.

I think he performs better than Lamela, who is perhaps is best suited for a role as an impact sub at the moment.

hides may be over egging it but he seems to disappear quite a lot to me.

prime candidate of the three to be dropped atm for me, 'best' player or not - we shouldn't carry players in the hope that they turn it on

Re: New season's best starting 11?

He's been pretty good in cup games (and very good away to sunderland when he started in the league) but that's besides the point.

The player keeping him out of the team is playing poor so naturally people will call for changes (and dembele signifies change). Out of all the options to replace Caoue only Dembele is proven in the DM role in this league. That's why there's a call for him to start.

I think that he has failed to stand out in the cup games and make a significant enough impression to push for a starting place in the PL team.

I think that Dembele is an decent player but I cannot see a long term future for him under Poch. Poch clearly favours having two passers at the base in midfield and Dembele lingers on the ball too much. My guess is that he is fourth or fifth in the pecking order and will be off sooner rather than later.

Eriksen - i edited my post

I don't think he hides any more than any of our other mentally fragile players. I also think there were at least 2-3 players who should have been subbed before him today. I fully agree he should get criticism when he plays poorly, but I feel the stick he gets is harsher than say Lamela gets for example, it seems like people are almost content for him to look silly and do 50 stepovers per game but contribute little in terms of a goal threat but Eriksen has to create and/or score multiple goals per game to avoid stick. Even against West Brom when he had a poor game by his standards, he created the two best chances in the game.

Chadli, Eriksen and Kane have been the 3 best attacking players this season for us. Lamela does not deserve to start ahead of those three. Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Eriksen shouldn't be dropped ever, but he's our best attacking player and hasn't been any worse than the majority of the team this season and should be playing especially poor before we think of dropping him. The number 10 positon always seems like an easy target when the team is not playing well when we have far bigger problems than him.

Kane and Chadli yes, but Lamela has better stats than Eriksen in terms of goals and assists (i believe)

hasn't scored a goal? i assume by the same standards neither has Kane? assuming of course todays is ruled an OG

Nah I meant in the context of who deserves to be dropped as it's clear that Kane deserves a chance. Would be unfair to drop Chadli as he's our top scorer. That leaves Eriksen and Lamela.

Nah I meant in the context of who deserves to be dropped as it's clear that Kane deserves a chance. Would be unfair to drop Chadli as he's our top scorer. That leaves Eriksen and Lamela.

I think that Lamela gets the nod because we do not have anyone else who is any good in his position. It would be one of Chadli or Eriksen that would get dropped for me but with rotation between the three going forward.

well if Kane deserves a chance because of his performances in the cups then you have to take Lamelas performances in to the equation also, no? and recently he has been scoring/assisting in the cups - assisted today and has done several times in the league prior to today - personally i think that's enough to give him the edge over Eriksen.

also, as Milo points out, there really isn't much competition for the right hand side - Eriksen is central or left and Chadli is left - if you're advocating Kane in behind the forward and Chadli in because he is top scorer then naturally that leaves Eriksen as the man to miss out - doesn't it?

Eriksen's form last season should also be taken into consideration. But ultimately you just have to watch Eriksen. He's an awesome footballer. Touch, passing and goals. We need to get him on the ball a lot more. We play better when he's in games, which is why the opposition often ensure he's kept out of the game.

Lamela has done well coming on as a sub midweek and today. I thought Townsend made a real difference as well today. He works as a sub late on. Didn't shoot and was key in the final 10 mins or so.

well if Kane deserves a chance because of his performances in the cups then you have to take Lamelas performances in to the equation also, no? and recently he has been scoring/assisting in the cups - assisted today and has done several times in the league prior to today - personally i think that's enough to give him the edge over Eriksen.

also, as Milo points out, there really isn't much competition for the right hand side - Eriksen is central or left and Chadli is left - if you're advocating Kane in behind the forward and Chadli in because he is top scorer then naturally that leaves Eriksen as the man to miss out - doesn't it?

I see but the difference is Kane hasn't even been given a chance in the league and the forwards have been very poor whereas Lamela has played every game except today.

Has Chadli ever been given the chance to play on the right? Surely he could do a job there. From the looks of things, the 3 of them move around anyway, Eriksen also kept popping up on the left and also in the middle so they can interchange.

As Spurmeup points out, we generally look better when Eriksen played, case in point, our best attacking performance given the circumstances was away to Emirates Marketing Project when Eriksen and Soldado were our best players.

ultimately it's a difficult decision, with pros and cons for both - not a bad situation to be in i guess

Walker----Fazio---Vertonghen----Davies
---Bentaleb--Stambouli---Mason-----
-----------Lamela/Eriksen-------------
----------------------Chadli----------
--------------Kane-------------------

Bentaleb and Mason both move the ball forwards really well and both have the makings of players who can do the lot (create, defend, press with a lot of energy). In turn this free's up Eriksen/Lamela and Chadli to do what they do best.
Come the transfer window I would ship out a few players with the view to bring in:

1) An experienced midfielder to play ahead of Bentaleb. Milner would be an alright call imo although he's now getting games for Emirates Marketing Project, but that's the type of player I'd like to see us go for. Schneiderlin ofc is ideal, but will cost the earth and given how Southampton are flying right now, would he want to?
2) A top #9 like Bony. Rodriguez has been touted, and he'd be a nice variant to play alongside Kane or to rotate with him. A big question is going to be whether or not Poch will keep Kane as our #9 for the future or as a backup for someone else. Berahino is also a good shout, but I'd prefer a more physical presence.

We've not gonna win anything this season.
I'd play this every week until it starts working.

Lloris
Naughton Dier Vertonghen Davies
Mason Bentaleb Eriksen
Lamela Kane Chadli​

Everyone of those front 6 can pass the ball.
Just go and pass other team to death with a high tempo.
Lots of rotation between Lamela, Kane, Chadli.
All able to head it if they are the one in the penalty box.

Why have a transitional season with players that wont be here next season.

Last edited:
LLoris

Naughton (Walker when fit), Dier, Vert, Davies
Mason Stambouli Eriksen, Chadli
Kane Soldado

I would play one of Lennon/Townsend/Lamela when we play 1 up front (away/or top 4 teams)

Back