• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

Re: New season's best starting 11?

You could easily swap Stambouli for Bentaleb if ever gets some league games.
I'm certain Dembele can play in that position. Amazing dribbler, strong, good defensively, decent crosser.

Problem with Dembele is that he cant deep because he takes so long on the ball that it slows counter-attacks. Yet he cant shoot and doesnt get goals so as an attacking CM he's useless. I really dont see what role he's suited to

You could easily swap Stambouli for Bentaleb if ever gets some league games.
I'm certain Dembele can play in that position. Amazing dribbler, strong, good defensively, decent crosser.

Stambouli might be worth a go.Capoue certinaly needs a kick up the ****, coz he's not doing his job at the minute.

I don't really understand the calls for Dembele to be starting. I like him more than many on here but I don't think that he has done enough this season to warrant a starting place.

Is the first 11 starting to shape up?

Today, I think was another turning point - perhaps it's positive knee-jerk but IMO in a tricky away game; we saw something more to back a lot of the points made by posters on this site.

Sooo - Ade out, Kane+Nobby in?

Capoue to be replaced?

Mason to continue?

Lamela OR Eriksen?

Kaboom - bombed out?

A proper RB?

I know each opponent needs a different set-up but for a regular 11...

Re: Is the first 11 starting to shape up?

I was about to post my ideal team and realised I was always getting 12 players... and it was in the centre :(

Re: Is the first 11 starting to shape up?

nailed on starters for me atm :

Lloris
Naughton (default) Vertonghen (default) ??????? Rose
?????? Mason
?????? Kane Chadli
??????

Fazio in defense
Soldado upfront
Lamela on the right

and any one of Bentaleb, Stambouli or Dembele fr the CM position

is who i want to see get a run of games

Eriksen is our best outfield player and has to start, if we're going to evaluate him like we do Ade then he "assisted the assister" playing the ball for Soldado to play in Ade. He has one or two bad games and the bandwagon to drop him inevitably starts. Lamela hasn't scored a league goal yet but people are FAR more lenient on him just because he cost £30m and they're desperate for him to succeed. I do too btw, but he doesn't deserve to start ahead of Chadli, Eriksen and Kane on current form.

I would say Lloris has but I do think Rose has improved. However, still don't think he will ever be good enough but I accept I could be proved wrong.

He's been good enough this season to comfortably keep out Davies and make signing a new left back a low priority. Not bad for a player who was universally written off at the end of last season.

I don't really understand the calls for Dembele to be starting. I like him more than many on here but I don't think that he has done enough this season to warrant a starting place.

it's very simple....

There's a call for dembele to start because our current starting DM has been poor.

He's been good enough this season to comfortably keep out Davies and make signing a new left back a low priority. Not bad for a player who was universally written off at the end of last season.

Only because we currently have far, far worse players than him. He's playing well, but that doesn't mean he's ultimately going to be good enough. Defensively he still has that mistake in his locker, but the worst thing is the way he jogs back when he's out of position, I never see him sprint back like Kyly Walker does.

Only because we currently have far, far worse players than him. He's playing well, but that doesn't mean he's ultimately going to be good enough. Defensively he still has that mistake in his locker, but the worst thing is the way he jogs back when he's out of position, I never see him sprint back like Kyly Walker does.

Rose is the least of our problems.

it's very simple....

There's a call for dembele to start because our current starting DM has been poor.

I could understand that if he was ripping up trees for the cup side but he has been ok and little more

Eriksen is our best outfield player and has to start, if we're going to evaluate him like we do Ade then he "assisted the assister" playing the ball for Soldado to play in Ade. He has one or two bad games and the bandwagon to drop him inevitably starts. Lamela hasn't scored a league goal yet but people are FAR more lenient on him just because he cost £30m and they're desperate for him to succeed. I do too btw, but he doesn't deserve to start ahead of Chadli, Eriksen and Kane on current form.

I agree with this though. Eriksen is our best and most talented footballer and should be in the team.

Lloris
Naughton
Fazio
Verts
Rose
Stambouli
Mason
Lamela (right)
Eriksen (Middle)
Chadli (left)
Kane

I think Kane can play further up and those times he does drop deeper I think Chadli can play up top so those two are interchangeable throughout the game.

I do believe we need to accommodate both Eriksen and Lamela though not one or the other.

Rose is the least of our problems.

Are you saying he's our best player because surely Lloris would have to be given that ranking? Just because he has improved doesn't mean he will be good enough for enough for the level we are hoping to be playing at.

I could understand that if he was ripping up trees for the cup side but he has been ok and little more

He's been pretty good in cup games (and very good away to sunderland when he started in the league) but that's besides the point.

The player keeping him out of the team is playing poor so naturally people will call for changes (and dembele signifies change). Out of all the options to replace Caoue only Dembele is proven in the DM role in this league. That's why there's a call for him to start.

Back