• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

The first 11 has to change immediately...

1) No more Kaboul (Fazio or Dier get a run with Vertonghen)

2) No more Capoue (Dembele or Stambouli...my preference is Dembele)

3) Kane starts in place of Ade.

4) Eriksen never starts on the right again....in fact he starts on the left or he doesn't start.

Re: The first 11 has to change immediately...

I'm locking this. It covers topics already on the go in several threads

Re: New season's best starting 11?

Let's post our favourite lineups in here.

----------- Lloris
Naughton Fazio Verts Rose
------- Capoue Mason
Lamela ---- Kane -- Chadli
---------- Soldado

We need a new CB to challenge Vertonghen really. Someone with pace or exceptional organisational skills. Stambouli could challenge Capoue, but I'd give him one more cup run out at least.

----------- Lloris
------- Capoue Mason
---------- Soldado

Capoue a question mark with that, very patchy form - but i haven't seen enough of the others to put forward a better option atm happy to see any of Stambouli Bentaleb and Dembele given a go

Just posted this in another thread, but it seems to me that we need to get our best youngsters in the side in order for Poch to make things happen. The likes of Ade, Soldado, Capoue and Vertonghen just ain't gonna play hard for him.

-----------------lloris
walker---dier----fazio----rose
eriksen---bentaleb---mason---townsend
------------kane--------chadli

Lloris
Naughton - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
Stambouli - Mason
Chadli - Lamela - Eriksen
Soldado​

----------- Lloris
------Dembele Mason
Chadli---- Soldado-- Eriksen
---------- Ade

I think we saw enough from Soldado today. Maybe Kane can play instead. Capoue when psyched up is good, but he needs to stand up and run the game, be a leader. First half he didn't want the ball, didn't look like he wanted to be there Second half he was playing the ball far more and sticking up for Mason vs Benteke.

I don't know how tall Stambouli is, which is why Dembele just gets the nod for me. You need a powerful tall player with Mason. I would then stick with that team through 5 games regardless. Get them to improve on each performance.

Lloris
Naughton - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
Stambouli - Mason
Chadli - Lamela - Eriksen
Soldado​

This would be a good side IF you can get Vertonghen properly on it and Soldado scoring. But they are big ifs. Chuck out Soldado and stick Kane in there.

Right now, i'd like to see this:

----------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton------Dier/Fazio------Vertonghen-------Rose

-------------Stambouli-----Eriksen---------------

--------Lamela-------Kane-------Chadli---------

--------------------Soldado----------------------

I'd like to see Eriksen given a go in the middle, we need someone that the game revolves around, someone that is capable of constructing moves and dictating play. None of our current central midfielders are capable of doing this, other than potentially Bentaleb. Eriksen seems the type that likes a little more time on the ball, in that deep playmaker role he'll have this. Only potential issue with Eriksen in that role is his lack of work-rate.

Ideally

----------Lloris
Walker--Fazio--Jan--Davies
----dembele--Stambouli
Lennon--lamela---Eriksen
--------Soldado

Dier for walker and in for, you have to play Kane for lennon (and swap with lamela).

For me though in Jan let's sell Naughton, Chiriches, Paulinho, ade, townsend. Loan out bentaleb.
Sign Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, bony, bring yedlin in. Giving us

-------------Lloris
Walker--Fazio--Jan--Davies
--Dembele--Schneiderlin
Lamela---Eriksen--Rodriguez
-------------Bony

----------Vorm
Yedlin--Dier--Kaboul--Rose
----Stambouli--Capoue
Lennon---Kane--Chadli
---------Soldado

Mason as additional mid.

Then in the summer. Replace kaboul, capoue, Lennon, and if it still isn't working out soldado

Let's post our favourite lineups in here.

----------- Lloris
------- Capoue Mason
---------- Soldado

We need a new CB to challenge Vertonghen really. Someone with pace or exceptional organisational skills. Stambouli could challenge Capoue, but I'd give him one more cup run out at least.

I'd go with that too. Stambouli could edge out Capoue but I'd like to see him up against a better opposition before being able to make a call on that.

Right now, i'd like to see this:

----------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton------Dier/Fazio------Vertonghen-------Rose

-------------Stambouli-----Eriksen---------------

--------Lamela-------Kane-------Chadli---------

--------------------Soldado----------------------

I'd like to see Eriksen given a go in the middle, we need someone that the game revolves around, someone that is capable of constructing moves and dictating play. None of our current central midfielders are capable of doing this, other than potentially Bentaleb. Eriksen seems the type that likes a little more time on the ball, in that deep playmaker role he'll have this. Only potential issue with Eriksen in that role is his lack of work-rate.

Love this set up......against the dross get Mason in with Eriksen.....get stambouli in for the more difficult games...

Lloris, Mason, Chadli, Rose, Vertonghen (kinda by default), and Kane have performed to a level to warrant a starting spot. So that's 5 spots open imo...

Rose... Do you actually watch us play football? Do you not see him positioally ****ing us over? His wayward passes? His either against the ground hit the first man, or incredibly overshot crosses? Not close to good enough!

Lloris, Mason, Chadli, Rose, Vertonghen (kinda by default), and Kane have performed to a level to warrant a starting spot. So that's 5 spots open imo...

yeah - id say Naughton is in by default atm until Walker returns then he will be in by default also. which makes 4 open spots : depending on where you see Kane playing it's CB AMC/CF RWF and CM

Rose... Do you actually watch us play football? Do you not see him positioally ****ing us over? His wayward passes? His either against the ground hit the first man, or incredibly overshot crosses? Not close to good enough!

Rose has been our best/most consistent player this season

It seems you're the one that doesn't watch us tbh.

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Dembele
Mason Bentaleb Eriksen
Lamela Kane Chadli​

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Dembele
Mason Bentaleb Eriksen
Lamela Kane Chadli​

Apart from Dembele, I like that team. People will say that it's too soft in the middle, then happily pick Capoue after watching player after player waltz by him.

Apart from Dembele, I like that team. People will say that it's too soft in the middle, then happily pick Capoue after watching player after player waltz by him.

You could easily swap Stambouli for Bentaleb if ever gets some league games.
I'm certain Dembele can play in that position. Amazing dribbler, strong, good defensively, decent crosser.

Back