• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad Assessment - Spring 2022

I don’t exactly how many times Conte has to say Bergwijn is the backup striker for Kane before people are going to stop whinging about us not having a backup for Kane:D….

In my opinion , Conte said this out of needs must. Not his ideal solution by any means. It was underscored by how hard we tried for the Serb striker even though it was obvious he didn't want to come to England.

I’m still reading we need a CM yet conte plays 3-4-3
We don’t need more than 4 players for 2 positions

Given your post was after mine saying that we needed a CM, I assume it was partly triggered by my post.

In my view, we do need a CM as whlist we might have the right number, I'm not convinced that Winks, Skipp, Bentancur, PEH, Sarr represents the right quality or balance

Given your post was after mine saying that we needed a CM, I assume it was partly triggered by my post.

In my view, we do need a CM as whlist we might have the right number, I'm not convinced that Winks, Skipp, Bentancur, PEH, Sarr represents the right quality or balance
No several people have said we need a CM
I don’t as I’ve seen enough of how conte plays to have the opinion that he doesn’t play his CM the way some think
And of course two of those you have mentioned haven’t even played for us yet to even judge
And also it’s a really young group too which means in theory there will be improvements from the players

I’m still reading we need a CM yet conte plays 3-4-3
We don’t need more than 4 players for 2 positions
We need good CMs thought. Bettancur and Skipp might be that but we are otherwise lacking in midfield quality, especially for a run at the title.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Conte just blocked whites loan because he felt we were short in cm. So it seems he wants 5 cms in the squad. Are hjolberg and winks good enough to get in city or liverpools squads?
No. Nor Cities or Chelsea's. They might feature for Utd or Arsenal but that's not exactly something to be proud of when you look at what they also have in midfield. Or more appropriately what they don't have.

We need good CMs thought. Bettancur and Skipp might be that but we are otherwise lacking in midfield quality, especially for a run at the title.

We don’t know how any of these players will be with a better balanced squad and set up

We don’t know how any of these players will be with a better balanced squad and set up

But we have seen them especially Winks over many years. We know what they are capable of. A better balance and system isn't going to turn Winks into a Brozovic, he just doesn't have the ability.

But we have seen them especially Winks over many years. We know what they are capable of. A better balance and system isn't going to turn Winks into a Brozovic, he just doesn't have the ability.
But Poch thought he did, which is why he played him

When he became a starter our performances and results worsened. I just want the best for us, I don't know why you would be willing to settle for a less. Only the best! :sweatsmile:
I think that may have been a function of who he was playing alongside

Back