• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

There's obviously been a lot but Saturday took the biscuit.I mean a game not even involving us could have such a damaging effect on us, at least everything else we could have had a say in

The last day of the transfer window when we sold Berbatov and Keane. Just felt like we had no future, there's no way wer'e ever going to win anything ever, complete desperation and disillusion... "the day football died" for me
Lasagna-gate was pretty bad too, I was 16 at the time (22 now), remember just not going to school for a whole week, not because I thought anyone would make fun of me but just because I felt so sorry for myself just sat in my room and stared at the cieling for a week, didn't have the courage to read here or other Spurs forums for a couple of weeks as well.

The City 4-3 actually is a great shout.

Saturday should be up there. The City 3-2 this season should be up there. The Arsenal 5-2 this season should be up there. But this season has seen everything so bizzarely run against us that it hasn't really felt real. I haven't been able to get too down about it because I just couldn't believe it was all happening. How the margins were so fine that if just one little thing went in our favour instead of the myriad of crap that went against us, it would have been one of our best seasons in years.

But the City 4-3 was just...wow. Unbelievable. I was so down at the final whistle. And although I couldn't believe it was happening it wasn't as if the team promised so much and ultimately got unlucky or failed to deliver, we were a poor side but went in 3-0 up against a hilariously dysfunctional Emirates Marketing Project side and just didn't have the stomach for the second half. I had genuine anger towards Spurs that night when usually I could be philosophical or laugh it all off.

Also, the Stoke 2-1 this season. Not so much anger towards Spurs but towards how we lost that game. It really makes you wonder what the point of it all is when that happens. How seemingly one man can just take the result away from the deserving team on a whim like that. I'm sure he probably didn't mean to, but it was just unbelievable. We were very unlucky this season, probably the most unlucky team in the league. Bolton also got some bad luck, so I feel sorry for them as a lot of things went against them. But with us, after a season that promised so much, after the utter buzz of watching Spurs in the first half of the season, and because of the fact we were title challenging and doing it 'our way' as opposed to being bankrolled by sugar daddies, I guess I have been down for a long while now that it's hard to pinpoint where it all went wrong. We promised so much. We had the talent to do it. But it was one piece of crap after another ever since the Emirates Marketing Project 3-2 that got thrown in our faces, and it never evened itself out.

That myth is absolute gonad*s.
Unless Chelsea's luck evened itself out from the semi-final that they lost. Maybe one of these years we will get it all our way. Maybe all our luck was given to us in the form of kind FA Cup draws this season but even that got snatched away from us with a ghost goal. One fudging thing after another this season. We literally could not catch a break. Therefore I feel majorly down about it all.

So true

GHod. Thought I was over Saturday, but reading this thread has put me in a bad mood again.

Do you think we'll ever be successful again? In many ways City were similar to us, a big club that always let their team down and underachieved, but now look at them. Realistically will we ever see a title win in our lifetimes?

I have posted this one before, but believe me, nothing matches getting relegated in 1977. Horrible horrible feeling

Saturday for me. Lots of lows in my 31 years of following spurs but this was the first time I felt physically sick

GHod. Thought I was over Saturday, but reading this thread has put me in a bad mood again.

Do you think we'll ever be successful again? In many ways City were similar to us, a big club that always let their team down and underachieved, but now look at them. Realistically will we ever see a title win in our lifetimes?[/QUOTE]

Might depend on how old you are. I know I bloody wont now we have clubs like Chelsea and City to compete with on top of Arsenal and United.
Things used to go in cycles where team would be dominant for a few seasons, but then somebody else would come to the fore. But now with Sky monies, I cant see the likes of Arsenal,City,United and Chelsea falling away for at least 10 years.
One ot two may have a poor season at the same time to allow us to sneak into 3rd or 4th, but no way are they all going to underperform to let us finish top.

I know we were close in Jan, but even had we won at City I dont think we would have gone toe-to-toe with them both for the last 4 months

yep even if things had gone spectacularly well the most we might have ended up with is around 80 points and even that would have meant getting 17 points from the 9 game run with a lot of tough fixtures where we got only 6. no way we could have got 89.

Spurs 1-6 Cheatski
Port Vale 6-1 Spurs (If my memory serves it was an FA cup game)
Spurs 1-6 Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Don't remember the year don't want reminding really)
There seems to be a theme here!!

Lasagne-gate and the Chelsea 5-1 at Wembley this season. Saturday night was painful but life moves on. Watching the game being played in Munich and watching your team get battered (with a little help from the referee) live at Wembley are two completely different things. They had genuine bragging rights after that defeat and it took me a week to get over it, horrible stuff. Lasagne-gate I cried my little eyes out, was 15 at the time and it was horrible to see/hear (on Sky Sports News). Oh well.

Onwards and upwards. The bad times make you appreciate the good that much more. Who knows, we could be celebrating a trophy or two next season - Liverpool and Chelsea managed to win something by finishing 6th and 8th in the league! That's why i feel we should take the Europa League seriously. Who gives a brick that it doesn't give out as much money as the Champions League, since when did any football fan care about money over the glory of winning? In a way, it's good that we've been put in the Europa League. Many of our fans seem to be above that competition so our arrogance has cost us.

How can I forget my birthday one year turned out it was the day of carling cup second round me and a few mates decided we'll do it where ever it was home or away. Woke up morning had a nice fry up and that was only decent point of the day as we then proceeded to drive to sunny grimsby

This is one for the really old fans like me.
Benfica 1962 European cup semi final. Were beaten 3-1 out there, and I believe we had 2 goals ruled out.
Went 1-0 down at home, Greaves goal ruled out, then battered them for the rest of the match. Could only win 2-1 in the end. Heart breaking.
But it prepared me for the many ups and downs to come!
Went on to win the FA Cup later that season, and win the European Cup Winners Cup the following year, so recovery was quick

Saturday is up there... but Lasagne-gate was just horrible... simply 'cos of the helplessness, and the feeling that all was not right in the world of football... but if you dared question it, you'd be hung out to dry like some weird conspiracy theorist... well, I still have my theories, and David Dein is at the heart of most of them... we won't be part of the 'Elite' until we shake hands with the devil - as they have done - and sell our souls for the rich rewards of REGULAR Champions League football... that's precisely where it's at, and it's precisely where we're not!

48 years old and went to my first game when I was 8 and there have been so many 'worst moments' now that I'm starting to forget them. Lasagnegate has to rank up there. The 87 Semi 2nd leg against the Arse, and of course last Saturday night.

I've probably got another 20-25 years on the planet, and I'm genuinely starting to doubt that I'll ever see us win the title. TBH I'm kinda getting numb to it all.

European Cup SF Second Leg Spurs 2-1 Benfica (4-5 on aggregate). Spurs dominate, have two goals disallowed plus being denied a clear pen (nothing changes).

Final game of season, 1971: Spurs 0-1 Arse. Nothing more gut-wrenching than watching the scum win the League by beating us on our own turf.

1978: Spurs 0-5 Arse. Having to endure Brady's outrageous taunts towards The Shelf (where I was stood) after he'd scored.

1983: League Cup final at Wembley: Spurs 1-2. Disbelief as Spurs lead the then mighty Liverpool most of the game only to concede an equaliser with four minutes remaining before losing in extra time.

2012: Chelsea winning the CL on penalties to rob us of our Cl spot. Worst moment of them all.

Last edited:
This is my worst moment. Lasagnegate wasn't as bad as at the time I didn't really understand what we were missing out on, but now we've been in the Champions League I understand how much it means and I am still fudging gutted.

I have posted this one before, but believe me, nothing matches getting relegated in 1977. Horrible horrible feeling

This - 1000%

+ being in what is now the east stand lower watching Liam (fcukin) Brady score a hat-trick in a 0-5 defeat to ArseAnal! I felt a cross between homicidal and suicidal after that one!

Last edited:
Back