• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Spurs v spammers***

Selling Toby was stupid on our part. Romero-Toby would have held us until we got another solid CB, now we have to deal with either Dier or Sanchez. That own goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was another proof of what he are dealing with.

I think you need to look through last week’s press and read a few things about what Dier brings that you don’t see. He is essentially coaching Romero on the field right now, making sure that what happened against Villa does not happen again if possible.

Very interesting game in prospect, I think this will tell us a lot about where we stand. West Ham are getting a lot of good press atm but they’re fairly ordinary and L’pool, City and Chelsea would probably swat them aside. I don’t expect us to do that but if we’re anyway serious about competing at the top end of the table (and we should be) then we need to be beating this lot.

I was hoping Markanday might be in the squad as he looked confident and lively when he came on Thursday but he played and scored 2 yesterday when we ended Man Citys 22 match unbeaten run. Might get a chance v Burnley, be a great boost for subcontinent players in the game. On reflection Burnley may not be the best place for the young lad to play.

Understand what you're saying however West Ham are playing at 110% of the clubs potential at the moment and its difficult to see them going much higher. Similar to when other smaller clubs have had decent spells. We're performing at the moment at about 75% of our potential given the lack of investment in the squad which we all know about and hence the rebuild process. I'm happily wager with anyone that if you take average league finishes over the next 5 years we'll be comfortably higher than them

Regarding tomorrow, I'm actually quite optimistic. Whilst I dont think the balance in CM is right for most games, having Skipp and PEh tomorrow in front of Romero (and Dier) feels quite solid and Emerson is showing potential. I also fancy our front 4 to create enough chances in the game - question is whether they take them

i hear what you’re saying re West Ham and I too look at their team and think how are they doing this? How do they keep winning so many games? Maybe they are actually a decent side. Even when they lose its narrow defeats or they seem to be unlucky. We’ve already had multiple heavy defeats inflicted on us.

i hear what you’re saying re West Ham and I too look at their team and think how are they doing this? How do they keep winning so many games? Maybe they are actually a decent side. Even when they lose its narrow defeats or they seem to be unlucky. We’ve already had multiple heavy defeats inflicted on us.

I dont think its any more than at any point one or two of the lower half teams stumble on a formula/system which works and means they outperform. Southampton have had their spells, and Burnley and Bournemouth and various others. The only one which has established it for a period, but helped with some cash from a wealthy benefactor, is Leicester (though they also have an excellent scouting and recruiting team)

My expectation is that within a couple seasons, West Ham will be back in the bottom half consistently - a couple poor signings, injuries or whatever and their bubble will burst

Being my usual optimistic self. I see us taking a kicking and us not being up for it again. If concede another 3 in a Derby. I won't be surprised. I can't stand hammers. And even when they are crap they still go all out and manage an upset. How many mins im before pundits mention the 3-3? Would love nothing more than for us to turn up. But as I check the table. We can go 4th....and we all know what happens when that's the case.

I shan't watch. And hope that once again me missing it somehow makes us win. And if we don't. I haven't wasted an afternoon

I also still don't understand how Rondon doesn't play in league

Given Antonio is up front for them, the case for Rodon today is stronger however I expect we'll have to watch Dier trying to win the wrestling match against him.

Hopefully Romero will be alive to the need to cover Dier given that it any physical battle like it will be against Antonio, there will inevitably times when he wins

edit: the other case for Rodon is that they have Rice, Soucek, Ogbonna, Zouma who will provide a threat from set pieces. The only 6 footers which we'll have are Kane, Romero, Dier and Emerson....and those 4 arent exactly dominating aerially

Last edited:
I expect a few from the Vitesse game to be rested for the match against Burnley in midweek. Nuno has taken a big gamble by resting the whole of the first 11, if it doesn't work out then he is going to get a lot of criticism. It is potentially a tactic which will split the squad, I fear that it will lead to complacency and a lack of motivation amongst the two sets of players. Anyway for this game I can see him bringing on Lo Celso at some point. If we can match their team spirit and self belief then we will get something out of this game. Sadly I am not sure we will do that, please prove me wrong Tottenham.

Hard fought 1-1 draw

C O Y S
sEqU7wF4_t.jpg

I dont think its any more than at any point one or two of the lower half teams stumble on a formula/system which works and means they outperform. Southampton have had their spells, and Burnley and Bournemouth and various others. The only one which has established it for a period, but helped with some cash from a wealthy benefactor, is Leicester (though they also have an excellent scouting and recruiting team)

My expectation is that within a couple seasons, West Ham will be back in the bottom half consistently - a couple poor signings, injuries or whatever and their bubble will burst

I think you’re right. The question for them is can they build on it? The top teams will start sniffing around the likes of Rice and Antonio. Rice will eventually want to leave if they don’t progress at a rate he wants them to. They will get big money for him, how they reinvest it is crucial to them. Realistically they won’t finish in the top 6 consistently without heavy investment. We got it right for a few years and nearly won something, they could do the same.

I think you’re right. The question for them is can they build on it? The top teams will start sniffing around the likes of Rice and Antonio. Rice will eventually want to leave if they don’t progress at a rate he wants them to. They will get big money for him, how they reinvest it is crucial to them. Realistically they won’t finish in the top 6 consistently without heavy investment. We got it right for a few years and nearly won something, they could do the same.

Antonio turns 32 this year so any chance for a move to a bigger team for his is gone IMO

The main question with his future is that given the type of game he plays (pace/power), how long he can continue that. He's also a big unit and you'd expect that type of game to bring about injuries more readily than someone like say Sheringham who played til he was 40

Their Cup final, not ours. Their players know what it means for their fans, and will rise to the occasion, as always.

I can see us being being 2-0 down before we realise we are in a game and wake up, sadly too late. Pulling a goal back to set up a frantic finish and getting caught late as we 'go' for the equaliser.
Antonio scores one of their goals, it goes without saying

Same side as last couple of weeks. In fairness, some decent options off the bench in Bergwijn, GLC, Gil and (in theory) Dele.

Strong performance and a result and I’ll be happy. 6 points from the last 6 was good but Saudi Sportswashing Machine are brick and Villa are struggling so today is a good test of where we are.

Back