• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Spurs also planning 2024 pre season. Games in Scotland, Korea and one at THS mentioned.
Scotland would be very apt. 60 years since the death of John White in 1964. Also Bill Brown in 2004. Dave Mackay would have been 90 this year, and Jimmy Robertson turns 80. 50 years since Alan Gilzean last Spurs game and 40 years since Steve Archibald last Spurs game.

Any idea on who we would play in Scotland?

We played Rangers not long ago, and other than Celtic it won't be much of a warm up.

Could be good if we could try and get a link up with someone to send some youngsters.

We played Rangers not long ago, and other than Celtic it won't be much of a warm up.

Could be good if we could try and get a link up with someone to send some youngsters.
Euro 24 final is on 14 July so as you say probably Spurs youngsters.
Gilzean and Brown came from Dundee, White from Falkirk, Robertson from St Mirren, Archibald from Aberdeen, Mackay from Hearts. Piece I saw didn't mention which team in Scotland.

Might be Celtic as part of the deal to bring Ange?

All official. When Spurs visited Sydney in 2015, it was 30 years since the last trip and absolutely massive (my avatar is setting up at the stadium before that match.) They played 2 games in Melbourne the following year, Perth last year and now Melbourne again this year. Unbelievable. We worked so hard to get them to visit that first time and now it's 4 trips in 9 years.

It will be our 14th game in Australia and our 5th at the MCG (terrible ground for football): https://thfcdb.com/countries/australia

I'm all for these tours in general and plan to go to Korea or America this year if that's where they end up, but this is surely overkill. It's just too much football and travel for the players. I can only imagine they've been offered very silly money to do it.

Incidentally, the Sydney game in 2015 was post-season (they played in Malaysia too) and there was also Hong Kong in 2017 and Jamaica in 2013. Steven Caulker talked about that on the Spurs podcast recently, making a fool of himself on Joe Lewis' boat IIRC.

Post-season tours used to be a big thing. We've actually played 185 friendlies in May: https://thfcdb.com/competitions/friendly?tab=matches&month=may

Last edited:
thfcdb lists one previous friendly, Spurs 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2, 1995, Gary Mabbutt testimonial.

I went to that. We were in a bit of a brick place at the time - Klinsmann had gone, it may have been Chris Armstrong's debut, the austerity of Francis and Sugar was first starting to bite.

The main thing I remember was how crap our fans were and how Saudi Sportswashing Machine actually took the lead on starting the 'there's only one Gary Mabbutt' chants, which was really embarrassing for us (but good on them)

Back