• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs on International Duty

^
Yep. Poor Lloris having a Weston tonight.

llorisblund2kfss2.gif

Just hope it doesn't have the 'Croatia Robinson' effect on him. I'm confident he'll bounce back. Even the best have days off occasionally.

i always find that most of the goals Lloris concedes are even down to him or saveable shots anyway.

So have all our boys made it through today without injury?

Gylfi had quite a scary knock on his shin, walked it off and delivered a MONSTER performance tonight. No goals but what a game for him. Iceland now sit in a qualifying playoff spot!

Gylfi had quite a scary knock on his shin, walked it off and delivered a MONSTER performance tonight. No goals but what a game for him. Iceland now sit in a qualifying playoff spot!

Well done to Iceland! Some decent players, and I still think Gylfi can make it at Spurs.

Law of averages that he (Lloris) will have a bad game every now and then. He could have been brewing on the Arsenal goal.

I can accept a bad game or two or three from any of our players as long as I am confident of their ability in the long run.

So have all our boys made it through today without injury?

Vlad is ok too, despite not having a great night. Actually that would generally characterize Romania's performance tonight. Dissapointing to say the least and we've now gone from favorites to "lucky if we make it" in the race for the playoffs.

Now curious to see what his role will be against Norwich.

Vlad is ok too, despite not having a great night. Actually that would generally characterize Romania's performance tonight. Dissapointing to say the least and we've now gone from favorites to "lucky if we make it" in the race for the playoffs.

Now curious to see what his role will be against Norwich.

If Vlad is a serious contender for a 1st team slot you would expect him to feature in this game. Right now I think he is back up.

Where did Vlad go wrong tonight?

They where talking about the 2nd place spot on Norwegian telly during the Norway-Switzerland game, and it seems that the runner up in ours and Icelands group looks set to have the least amount of points of all the groups, and therefore won't get in the play offs.

If Vlad is a serious contender for a 1st team slot you would expect him to feature in this game. Right now I think he is back up.

Where did Vlad go wrong tonight?

There weren't any major mistakes from him, to be honest. You can argue that he could have been first to the ball at the turks 1-0 goal, but he was caught somewhere in the middle trying to chase down his man and the cross and was shoved a bit by the turk striker who scored...

I won't start a debate now, but generally appearances for Romania don't paint a good picture for any player. Unfortunately, the communist regime has left a visible mark on football as well. The point I'm trying to make is that the coaches and staff of our national team (who have deep roots in that regime) are not taking advantage of what we have to offer in terms of talent and that was obvious tonight..
So, no..I won't judge Vlad on his performance tonight, the entire team did not play even close to their normal potential.. :) but today was evidence that he needs to keep working on his heading.

They where talking about the 2nd place spot on Norwegian telly during the Norway-Switzerland game, and it seems that the runner up in ours and Icelands group looks set to have the least amount of points of all the groups, and therefore won't get in the play offs.

Iceland have the 3rd most points out of teams in 2nd place.

At the moment Bulgaria are 9th with the least amout of points, they have 7.

I think it's complete BS that one of the 2nd place teams misses out on a play-off spot. All that work and stress, and in the end you might go out on away goals to a team you've never even played, and who might have had a less competitive group than you. It's an unnecessary layer of cruelty at the end of a long and painful campaign. It just doesn't feel fair. It feels like a cheap trick. A bureaucratic solution, not a sporting one, to get around the inconvenience of an uneven numbers of groups. Nah, that stinks.

Ahem, not that Ireland need to worry about any of that. Total bag of shyte tonight as they were dumped out in Austria. Still, an extraordinary night in Vienna in one respect: I have never in my life seen an international match in which 1 player stood so far apart from the other 21 on the pitch as I saw tonight.

It was incredible. 21 players who couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't tackle, couldn't stay composed, couldn't do dingdong...and then the 22nd player who did all those things and more - he also scored the goal only on 84. I'm referring to David Alaba. And get this: he was playing at No. 10. He's of course a left back at Bayern, but tonight, he was in the pocket (in fact, he was all over the pitch). Incredible. I understand you want your best players in dangerous positions, but it seems embarrassing to me that you have so little creativity that you put a defender in there. Which is not to say he couldn't do it - he was absolutely fantastic in an appalling game. Just it's a bit weird. Anyway, hats off to the guy.

Iceland have the 3rd most points out of teams in 2nd place.

At the moment Bulgaria are 9th with the least amout of points, they have 7.

That I like to bathe in custard. To find out about the 2nd place teams you have to take way results against the lower placed teams in the group because group I (with France) has just five teams in their group. Iceland actually lost away to Cyprus, and have a home game against them October 15th.

Interesting to watch Gylfi tonight. He played as a centra midfielder in a 4-4-1-1 and I think quite frankly it was one of the best games I've ever seen him play. He was always looking to get the ball and make a pass forward, constantly receiving the ball under pressure in the middle of the pitch and making good use of it and supported our attacks well by lurking outside and around the penalty box. He was relentless in pressing and turned in a surprisingly good defensive shift.

Could it be that he's actually better suited as a CM rather then as a no. 10 or an inside forward of sorts?

Back