• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Motto Changed

Couldn't disagree any more!!

i honestly don't understand what people were watching last season when they say this - he was fudging everywhere for us - granted he was inconsistent in front of goal and sometimes he had a stinker on the ball but in terms of work rate/defending from the front/making space for others etc etc he was nothing short of fantastic

I think Spurs fans have been so starved for a top striker in recent years and are desperate for a new goalscoring hero that they have convinced themselves that Adebayor is that man and nothing will change their minds. Even if it's a lack of work rate in some games or a lack of goals and assists throughout the season, I've even seen some posters claim that he hasn't actually been that bad this season. Or that shocking miss the other day in the ACN was great goalkeeping rather than a poor play from Ade.

i honestly don't understand what people were watching last season when they say this - he was fudging everywhere for us - granted he was inconsistent in front of goal and sometimes he had a stinker on the ball but in terms of work rate/defending from the front/making space for others etc etc he was nothing short of fantastic

You are spot on he offers more than Defoe in all aspects bar scoring but I would rather that as assists holding the ball up etc let's hope he finds his form

I think Spurs fans have been so starved for a top striker in recent years and are desperate for a new goalscoring hero that they have convinced themselves that Adebayor is that man and nothing will change their minds. Even if it's a lack of work rate in some games or a lack of goals and assists throughout the season, I've even seen some posters claim that he hasn't actually been that bad this season. Or that shocking miss the other day in the ACN was great goalkeeping rather than a poor play from Ade.

No, he's not this 'all wonderful striker'.

He is however the striker that fired us to a fourth place finish last season.

Where do we want to finish this season again?

or maybe your opinion isn't a set in stone fact and anyone that looks at it a different way must have something wrong with their logic?

maybe people just see things differently to you

You are spot on he offers more than Defoe in all aspects bar scoring but I would rather that as assists holding the ball up etc let's hope he finds his form

he was key to our attacking play last season as much as anyone - the work he done which allowed the likes of Bale and Lennon the space and time to attack was vital , his linking up with Bale was a joy to watch - at the time i seem to remember him getting roundly praised for his involvement on the board, funny now that after a poor half a season some are quick to forget that :-"

marky, it's persuading these *worldies* to come though :(. I feel your frustration but with our current wage structure..we will never compete with the *elite* until we get that new stadium in place..

I don't see Arsenal getting many *worldies* into their shiny new stadium and competing with the *elite*. Their turnover is nearly double ours but it doesn't seemto have made that much difference to the team.

No, he's not this 'all wonderful striker'.

He is however the striker that fired us to a fourth place finish last season.

Where do we want to finish this season again?

Playing in a team that had a midfield that was considered to be one of top 2-3 in the league and better than even Man United's, the minimum he should have scored last season was 20 league goals. That goes for Defoe this season too. But he hasn't managed 20 in a season for Spurs also.

I don't see Arsenal getting many *worldies* into their shiny new stadium and competing with the *elite*. Their turnover is nearly double ours but it doesn't seemto have made that much difference to the team.

not surprising when that idiot Wenger fritters away 50m a year more than us on wages ona squad that is barely any better. Levy and Spurs with that turnover? i could honestly see us being a better team than what they are currently and by some distance as well

he was key to our attacking play last season as much as anyone - the work he done which allowed the likes of Bale and Lennon the space and time to attack was vital , his linking up with Bale was a joy to watch - at the time i seem to remember him getting roundly praised for his involvement on the board, funny now that after a poor half a season some are quick to forget that :-"

It's the same pattern everywhere he goes though mate. He looks amazing when he first joins a club, but then after a while, it slowly dawns on people that he isn't quite good enough, hence why so many clubs have got rid of him.

This

But problem being he's not here could miss 2 more games

It's the same pattern everywhere he goes though mate. He looks amazing when he first joins a club, but then after a while, it slowly dawns on people that he isn't quite good enough, hence why so many clubs have got rid of him.

Er..

Emirates Marketing Project offered Arsenal a fudge load of money, that's why he moved.

Emirates Marketing Project had the money to buy better strikers, and he was frozen out. That's why he moved.

Yup. Can see those clubs clearly show it.. :-"

Er..

Emirates Marketing Project offered Arsenal a fudge load of money, that's why he moved.

Emirates Marketing Project had the money to buy better strikers, and he was frozen out. That's why he moved.

Yup. Can see those clubs clearly show it.. :-"

Arsenal fans couldn't wait to get rid of him. Ditto Emirates Marketing Project fans. It's somehow a good thing that NONE of those clubs were exactly desperate to keep him.

Arsenal fans couldn't wait to get rid of him. Ditto Emirates Marketing Project fans. It's somehow a good thing that NONE of those clubs were exactly desperate to keep him.

Emirates Marketing Project. The 'buy and throw away club'. It's like being sacked by Chelsea, it means very little.

His record at Arsenal was fine. You'll notice that the season he scored 30 he made far more appearances than any other season? Right?

we've been through this before i seem to remember - who are these clubs that couldn't wait to get rid of him? Arsenal? nope, Wenger wanted him to stay - the fans took a disliking to him but it took a 25 million pound deal from City (with a year left on his contract) for Wenger/Arsenal to let him go.
City? they were throwing money about on any striker going without seemingly thinking about how it was all going to fit together - Adebayor was shunted to the reserves without really having done much wrong

If we had to rely on Adebayor to finish 4th this season then we are bang in trouble right now. All I'm saying.

we've been through this before i seem to remember - who are these clubs that couldn't wait to get rid of him? Arsenal? nope, Wenger wanted him to stay - the fans took a disliking to him but it took a 25 million pound deal from City (with a year left on his contract) for Wenger/Arsenal to let him go.
City? they were throwing money about on any striker going without seemingly thinking about how it was all going to fit together - Adebayor was shunted to the reserves without really having done much wrong

Funny thing is, even a half-fucntioning Ade is clearly a vital cog in our system. We not only need him back ASAP, we need to get behind him!!!!!!!

a monumental fudge up would suggest that we have ballsed up something that was pretty easy to do? i dunno what kind of striker you particularly had in mind but anything less than a genuine first choice is not required in my personal opinion, so that means in the January transfer window we are on the hunt for 15-20 million pound rated striker, how many of these types of players get transferred in this window? not many i wager, what normally happens is that good/decent players get over hyped and over priced (Torres/Carroll??) what sort of club wants to sell their first choice striker in Jan? options are limited at this time of year and it is not an easy market for a club like ours to move in.

=D>

Back