• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Motto Changed

I'm extremely disappointed tonight. We may scrape 4th but were showing zero ambition in regards to a top striker right now.

I think weve made one hell of a monumental fudge up not signing another striker that could really cost us a very bright future, I really hope im wrong and will be happy to be...

a monumental fudge up would suggest that we have ballsed up something that was pretty easy to do? i dunno what kind of striker you particularly had in mind but anything less than a genuine first choice is not required in my personal opinion, so that means in the January transfer window we are on the hunt for 15-20 million pound rated striker, how many of these types of players get transferred in this window? not many i wager, what normally happens is that good/decent players get over hyped and over priced (Torres/Carroll??) what sort of club wants to sell their first choice striker in Jan? options are limited at this time of year and it is not an easy market for a club like ours to move in.

The thing is, we DID buy a top striker, in the last window. He's just had issues with form and injuries. Perhaps that's why Levy/AVB are not too fussed about strengthening up front in this window.

edit: We still need a fudging striker though!

Adebayor has had one season where he was a proper top striker and that was back in 07/08.

a monumental fudge up would suggest that we have ballsed up something that was pretty easy to do? i dunno what kind of striker you particularly had in mind but anything less than a genuine first choice is not required in my personal opinion, so that means in the January transfer window we are on the hunt for 15-20 million pound rated striker, how many of these types of players get transferred in this window? not many i wager, what normally happens is that good/decent players get over hyped and over priced (Torres/Carroll??) what sort of club wants to sell their first choice striker in Jan? options are limited at this time of year and it is not an easy market for a club like ours to move in.

Im concerned that one of Ade, Defoe will get injured (both are badly out of form too) and were down to the bare bones, Dempsey is a good player for sure but we need more than him

That would fine if we had sold Berbatov in 2012, but we sold him in 2008. We get the same excuses after every window.

We are not going to make the next step unless we take a gamble on a striker. If that means buying solely a striker and nothing else in this window or the next, then so be it, it's what we need the most.

Not last year he wasn't. He was truly at his peak in the first few years at Arsenal. Should have scored at least 25 last season with the amount of chances he had.

He was.

He directly contributed to over 30 goals last season. That's what a striker is meant to do. If your expecting more then you're bat crap crazy.

He was.

He directly contributed to over 30 goals last season. That's what a striker is meant to do. If your expecting more then you're bat crap crazy.

Expect him to put the ball in the back of the net.
Last season he scored a league goal every 166 minutes.
Defoe scored a league goal every 118 minutes.

And that was Ade's good season!

Expect him to put the ball in the back of the net.
Last season he scored a league goal every 166 minutes.
Defoe scored a league goal every 118 minutes.

And that was Ade's good season!

There are ways to contribute that are not scoring goals.

Like assisting goals.

From "To dare is to do"

To

"To dare is too dear"
brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Last edited:
That would fine if we had sold Berbatov in 2012, but we sold him in 2008. We get the same excuses after every window.

We are not going to make the next step unless we take a gamble on a striker. If that means buying solely a striker and nothing else in this window or the next, then so be it, it's what we need the most.

coming in to this season i think the majority of people here were of the opinion that Adebayor was a solid first choice forward for the club and iirc most of the complaints at the end of the last window was that we didn't have much depth (ie back up) up front. he has had a relative stinker this season which has made things seem worse than they are, imv - hopefully Holtby in the side and us switching back to one up top will see Adebayor find his form again - in fact i predict he'll come back from the ACN and have a blinder for us until the end of season ;)

Back