• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Motto Changed

Too many of these evenings recently, apart from VDV its never been anything of any real note..

Speculate to accumulate, I honestly think Mr Levy doesnt want us to make that next big step, its time we realised we will never challenge for the title, so frustrating when were actually 2 or 3 worldies away from doing it...

Too many of these evenings recently, apart from VDV its never been anything of any real note..

Speculate to accumulate, I honestly think Mr Levy doesnt want us to make that next big step, its time we realised we will never challenge for the title, so frustrating when were actually 2 or 3 worldies away from doing it...

Lloris was on TDD..

marky, it's persuading these *worldies* to come though :(. I feel your frustration but with our current wage structure..we will never compete with the *elite* until we get that new stadium in place..

bit slow there mate i think most people realized that when City jumped in to the equation, making it 3 clubs we are nowhere near being able to compete financially with

marky, it's persuading these *worldies* to come though :(. I feel your frustration but with our current wage structure..we will never compete with the *elite* until we get that new stadium in place..

Yeh I know fella, this non buying of a striker is a massive crossroads for the club

1, We dont sign a striker, we dont get CL, potentially Bale leaves, we find it hard to sign real quality in the summer, the best we can ever hope for is a possible 4th place if teams around us dont strengthen, cups as we know dont seem to happen for us anymore either

2, We do sign a striker that fires us into 3rd or 4th, we get a CL windfall, more exposure and players would wouldnt sign for us suddenly want to, we get stronger and put a real shift in towards challenging for the title, our 1st in 52 years, onwards and upwards

bit slow there mate i think most people realized that when City jumped in to the equation, making it 3 clubs we are nowhere near being able to compete financially with

I know, but last Jan we was 2 points off the top with less than half the games left, we signed Saha and Nelsen, we fudge up 3rd get 4th and get screwed over by Spawnsea in the CL final

Leandro is nothing to do with wage structure, its levy refusing to pay more than this magic 16m figure for a player.

marky, I totally agree with you !

I have been following spurs for 45 years now and even if we don't get anyone in tonight..striker that Is, I honestly can't remember feeling as optimistic about our future than the now !

There's still time tonight fella...who knows.

Yeh I know fella, this non buying of a striker is a massive crossroads for the club

1, We dont sign a striker, we dont get CL, potentially Bale leaves, we find it hard to sign real quality in the summer, the best we can ever hope for is a possible 4th place if teams around us dont strengthen, cups as we know dont seem to happen for us anymore either

2, We do sign a striker that fires us into 3rd or 4th, we get a CL windfall, more exposure and players would wouldnt sign for us suddenly want to, we get stronger and put a real shift in towards challenging for the title, our 1st in 52 years, onwards and upwards

Your spot on
Look what a decent goal scorer done for the goons last year.
As for Defoe he could not get near the side last season all of a sudden he's our main striker.
Granted Ade was on form but still it's a shambles.
Defoe is a little bit of a flat track bully IMO
Plus selling Luka and Vdv we have gone backwards also Avb was a huge punt that luckily has worked out.
Levy is content

I can't believe some Spurs fans are still defending Levy regarding this window. All I've heard for two seasons is "why should he give money to a manager that will take the England job in 18 months/12 months/6 months? He will give the money to the new manager". Well here we are, a new manager and nothing fecking changes! Every Spurs fans knows we need a striker, other clubs fans know it, ex Spurs players know, pundits know it, basically it's the worst kept fudging secret in football!

The thing is, we DID buy a top striker, in the last window. He's just had issues with form and injuries. Perhaps that's why Levy/AVB are not too fussed about strengthening up front in this window.

edit: We still need a fudging striker though!

The thing is, we DID by a top striker, in the last window. He's just had issues with form and injuries. Perhaps that's why Levy/AVB are not too fussed about strengthening up front in this window.
Business end of season and he's in Africa that's not too clever tho on our part

Its always the same, wait till last minute than offer a pathetic amount, we get told to fudge off, then say well we tried..

Boring..

If Levy is telling AVB "No" and AVB is just toeing the line, then you can't blame the manager. But if AVB genuinely believes we have enough to get top 4 as is, then he's being very arrogant. Everton show no signs of slowing down, Arsenal will come good as always.

Im a massive fan of Levy always have been and normally massively optimistic about the team and our chances..

I think weve made one hell of a monumental fudge up not signing another striker that could really cost us a very bright future, I really hope im wrong and will be happy to be...

Back