• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

And Saudi Sportswashing Machine will use the exact, very same defence that Emirates Marketing Project did. "This is a long term deal that will look cheap in a few years time when we are dominating football. Man Utd earn £n million in sponsorship, our deal in comparison to that is lower and our imminent success will show that to be far better value for money for our sponsor than their deal"

They cannot stop Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing this having allowed (and still allowing) PSG and Emirates Marketing Project (amongst others) to do this. They ducked out of facing both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG's lawyers prior to the third party hack and publication of the document contents. There is no way they will have the balls to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine's (especially when Saudi Sportswashing Machine's lawyers will have the wonderful gift of the precedent already set at both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG).
As I say the difference now is the other clubs behind the FFP rules
City are getting done now for lying from what 9/10 years ago? They got fined at the time didn’t they

How are Saudi Sportswashing Machine gonna get lawyers to argue what is in effect a gentlemen’s club... as I say the big boys will just set up a closed hail to Keep them out and instantly devalue Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It’s been talked about enough times and other clubs have owners with enough money to make it happen without the Saudi money even getting involved

The way it’s going the summer global cup thing will get bigger and bigger for clubs
And that’s global with a massive outreach and revenue potential that could be greater than CL

As I say the difference now is the other clubs behind the FFP rules
City are getting done now for lying from what 9/10 years ago? They got fined at the time didn’t they

How are Saudi Sportswashing Machine gonna get lawyers to argue what is in effect a gentlemen’s club... as I say the big boys will just set up a closed hail to Keep them out and instantly devalue Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It’s been talked about enough times and other clubs have owners with enough money to make it happen without the Saudi money even getting involved
Law works on precedents being set. If UEFA go after Saudi Sportswashing Machine having let Emirates Marketing Project and PSG (and others) do exactly the same thing under the same rules then they will lose the case when it goes to court. Not to mention the ridiculous fees it will cost them against the Saudi global wealth fund.

if you’re talking about the proposed closed shop euro competition. Then if that happens we’ll also be on the outside looking in. If the clubs sitting outside are clever, they’ll work with their national associations to banish the euro clubs, start a new merit based euro competition and before long the euro club would be the ones who were unimportant.

Law works on precedents being set. If UEFA go after Saudi Sportswashing Machine having let Emirates Marketing Project and PSG (and others) do exactly the same thing under the same rules then they will lose the case when it goes to court. Not to mention the ridiculous fees it will cost them against the Saudi global wealth fund.

if you’re talking about the proposed closed shop euro competition. Then if that happens we’ll also be on the outside looking in. If the clubs sitting outside are clever, they’ll work with their national associations to banish the euro clubs, start a new merit based euro competition and before long the euro club would be the ones who were unimportant.
We’re now getting a seat at the table as we’re currently important. It’s why we got Mou to join rather than when we tried before
And your talking law.. football may call it laws but it’s a set of rules set up by a group of old men in an office somewhere. They can and have changed them to suit and will do so again and again

We’re now getting a seat at the table as we’re currently important. It’s why we got Mou to join rather than when we tried before
And your talking law.. football may call it laws but it’s a set of rules set up by a group of old men in an office somewhere. They can and have changed them to suit and will do so again and again
It still comes down to law. The court of arbitration for sport would rule in Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s favour on the basis that UEFA allowed in-house, jacked up sponsorship deals at Emirates Marketing Project and PSG.

It still comes down to law. The court of arbitration for sport would rule in Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s favour on the basis that UEFA allowed in-house, jacked up sponsorship deals at Emirates Marketing Project and PSG.
And then UEFA would say the rules have changed since then
Or just set up a new competition

And then UEFA would say the rules have changed since then
Or just set up a new competition
They couldn’t because they haven’t. The rule already exists and they have allowed it to be flouted. As I said precedent is set and that would be used as the reference point.

They could indeed do the latter though yes. If they do we’re not in it either.

if the Saudi’s take over at Saudi Sportswashing Machine I expect they will invest more on transfer fees than us overall in the next 3 years and have a higher wage bill than us by the start of their third season. Do you disagree?

They couldn’t because they haven’t. The rule already exists and they have allowed it to be flouted. As I said precedent is set and that would be used as the reference point.

They could indeed do the latter though yes. If they do we’re not in it either.
Why aren’t we in it ?

Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Chelsea.
You think they wouldn’t want the 8th biggest turnover club in the world
Or the club that’s valued the highway currently in this league
Or the club with the tie up with NFL
?
I don’t see Chelsea having anything over us other than the recent history and even that’s waned a lot
But IMO they would want all the teams that basically compete in the International Champions Cup as their the ones that are big draws

You think they wouldn’t want the 8th biggest turnover club in the world
Or the club that’s valued the highway currently in this league
Or the club with the tie up with NFL
?
I don’t see Chelsea having anything over us other than the recent history and even that’s waned a lot
But IMO they would want all the teams that basically compete in the International Champions Cup as their the ones that are big draws
If they care about turnover then they’ll want Saudi Sportswashing Machine (who’ll inflate theirs up into the top 12 pretty quickly).
You think UEFA give a fluke about the NFL?

If they care about turnover then they’ll want Saudi Sportswashing Machine (who’ll inflate theirs up into the top 12 pretty quickly).
You think UEFA give a fluke about the NFL?
The give a fudge about £££ and exposure to more £££ or €€€
That’s all it’s about
We’re a door into America that some other teams don’t have
Then look at his AC Milan have helped influence things and their a relic of a club but they carry influence because of their scale and history
I can still see the whole scenario being the kid on the playground who now the ball..,my ball and your not playing
They can bring in some ruling that owners to complete in flagship competitions must pas a human rights test for example

The give a fudge about £££ and exposure to more £££ or €€€
That’s all it’s about
We’re a door into America that some other teams don’t have
Then look at his AC Milan have helped influence things and their a relic of a club but they carry influence because of their scale and history
I can still see the whole scenario being the kid on the playground who now the ball..,my ball and your not playing
They can bring in some ruling that owners to complete in flagship competitions must pas a human rights test for example
A door into America. What are you talking about?

AC Milan aren't really a relic of a club. They have played European football for 16 of the last 20 seasons and been in the Champions League for 12 of those seasons.

Owners with human rights issues? Now you are clutching at straws, and even there Saudi Sportswashing Machine would have a decent case to argue in that their (likely) new owner has never been convicted of any crimes and UEFA would be on shaky ground with many other owners around the football World. I think you are also failing to consider the fact that the Saudi Global Wealth fund has huge investments in a bunch of large corporations all around the World, likely including several corporations that provide sponsorship to UEFA tournaments. When do UEFA ever bite the hand that feeds them?

It is clear that the clubs with the most power and sway in Europe (that we are not one of by the way) are trying to find a way to ensure that they get to play in the biggest European history. The historic coefficient prize money allocation nonsense is evidence of that. The only way that they can fully protect themselves though is to make it a closed shop. The possible ramifications of that are huge though. If that happened and I was the owner of a club outside of the protected group, controlling a £260 billion wealth fund then I'd work with the (majority) of clubs left behind and their national associations to set up a competition with bigger prize money than the CL with bona-fide qualification rules and it wouldn't be too long before that would be more prestiguous than the boring, closed shop Champions League.

You didn't answer one of my questions earlier by the way Bedford....

If the Saudi’s take over at Saudi Sportswashing Machine I expect they will invest more on transfer fees than us overall in the next 3 years and have a higher wage bill than us by the start of their third season. Do you disagree?

A door into America. What are you talking about?

AC Milan aren't really a relic of a club. They have played European football for 16 of the last 20 seasons and been in the Champions League for 12 of those seasons.

Owners with human rights issues? Now you are clutching at straws, and even there Saudi Sportswashing Machine would have a decent case to argue in that their (likely) new owner has never been convicted of any crimes and UEFA would be on shaky ground with many other owners around the football World. I think you are also failing to consider the fact that the Saudi Global Wealth fund has huge investments in a bunch of large corporations all around the World, likely including several corporations that provide sponsorship to UEFA tournaments. When do UEFA ever bite the hand that feeds them?

It is clear that the clubs with the most power and sway in Europe (that we are not one of by the way) are trying to find a way to ensure that they get to play in the biggest European history. The historic coefficient prize money allocation nonsense is evidence of that. The only way that they can fully protect themselves though is to make it a closed shop. The possible ramifications of that are huge though. If that happened and I was the owner of a club outside of the protected group, controlling a £260 billion wealth fund then I'd work with the (majority) of clubs left behind and their national associations to set up a competition with bigger prize money than the CL with bona-fide qualification rules and it wouldn't be too long before that would be more prestiguous than the boring, closed shop Champions League.

You didn't answer one of my questions earlier by the way Bedford....

If the Saudi’s take over at Saudi Sportswashing Machine I expect they will invest more on transfer fees than us overall in the next 3 years and have a higher wage bill than us by the start of their third season. Do you disagree?
I fully expect them to ramp up spending
But I also don’t expect them to be silly and ramp up selling beyond levels they can justify within the rules... the press want them too but I’m their not stupid
I can see them putting in some dodgy deals but they won’t be the mega money they need to step up from bottom 5 to top 5
Their plan is meant to be in 3 year chunks in order to comply with FFP so I can see investment but not radical and dramatic short term
I’d hazard a guess and say that their wages will catch ours up over 3 years as they will have to offer great wages to attack players
Fees I’m not sure. I can see them going for high wage free transfers like Cavani to change the profile
Basically they could have brought any club that’s available and throw money at it and make progress. I’m always surprised someone doesn’t do it with Bristol City. Great catchment for fans. Decent stadium with scope to be huge if you add in the rugby

Last edited:
overall, it's Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the west ham of the north, a championship club with delusions of grandeur, whatever money is thrown at them they will find a way to come out of it as a laughing stock

overall, it's Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the west ham of the north, a championship club with delusions of grandeur, whatever money is thrown at them they will find a way to come out of it as a laughing stock
Emirates Marketing Project were once a laughing stock. Now they've bought success they're merely despised.

Back